Author Topic: KFC to launch plant-based fried chicken made with Beyond Meat nationwide  (Read 960 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: KFC to launch plant-based fried chicken made with Beyond Meat nationwide
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 04:25:05 pm »
Yes. If I want a non-meat meal, I just eat vegetables - not vegetables trying to disguise themselves as meat.

Is that what it is in fact? Who knows? And who knows it will continue to be what they say it is?

Has anyone seen the DNA?
Does anyone know what awful concoctions they bathe it in to make it so?

This is hideous to me.

Offline verga

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2022, 01:48:25 am »
I've tried them, but to be perfectly honest, good old fashioned Indian vegetarian dishes are orders of magnitude better, and without the duplicity of trying to pretend they're something they're not.
Absolutely Agree 100%, But for me the nearest Indian restaurant (with decent food) is a 40 minute drive. My wife has been experimenting with Veggie Stir fry from time to time. But I am not going to condemn a food with out giving it a shot.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 02:01:25 am »
Absolutely Agree 100%, But for me the nearest Indian restaurant (with decent food) is a 40 minute drive. My wife has been experimenting with Veggie Stir fry from time to time. But I am not going to condemn a food with out giving it a shot.

Veggie stir fry is awesome... with kielbasa cut up into it.  happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 02:08:48 am »
Yes. If I want a non-meat meal, I just eat vegetables - not vegetables trying to disguise themselves as meat.

I agree. Even the 'Beyond Meat' title doesn't sound a bit appetizing.

I'll stick to my real meat, real vegs, and real fruit, thank you very much. 

IMO they are raising meat prices so that we have to eat pretend meat and they're going to load it up with some mysterious concoction.  Sort of like telling us for years that margarine/aka plastic is better for us than butter.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 12:23:10 pm »
I agree. Even the 'Beyond Meat' title doesn't sound a bit appetizing.

I'll stick to my real meat, real vegs, and real fruit, thank you very much. 

IMO they are raising meat prices so that we have to eat pretend meat and they're going to load it up with some mysterious concoction. 
Soylent Green
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »
If KFC thinks this will get PETA off their back...they are sadly mistaken.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 04:10:15 pm »
If KFC thinks this will get PETA off their back...they are sadly mistaken.

True.