Author Topic: Should Donald Trump run in 2024?  (Read 1824 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Should Donald Trump run in 2024?
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2022, 01:55:33 pm »
Senators make terrible Presidents, whether Republican or Democrat.

Especially those that have been Senators for  over 40 years
 happy77
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2022, 02:01:45 pm »
I would prefer if he did not run. He's too old, and too viscerally disliked by Independents whose support we will need, especially given the need to overcome the inevitable Democrat cheating.

The problem is: who else to support if you are a Conservative? Ron DeSantis would be an obvious choice, but he may well not run. I like John Kennedy of Louisiana, but he's also older and I doubt he's interested. The big risk is getting a spineless moderate or some swamp creature as the GOP nominee, which is, as we have seen in the past, a real issue.

In that case, I'd much rather have Trump, baggage and all.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
If we nominate Donald Trump in 2024, Joe Biden wins a second term. It will be a wasted opportunity.
It will be a safe bet that by 2024, the debt will be higher. As a result, inflation will probably either be as bad or worse. Nominating and electing a big spending populist, a self proclaimed “King of debt” is not the antidote.

In fact, that would be a better scenario - What would suck is if he won again, and did again what he does, with all his supplicants cheering him on. Insanity. No matter who wins. At least Democrats doing it leaves the right free to pine for better days, rather than doing the same damn thing themselves - Only it's ok because their guy is doing it.

It is my opinion that Donald Trump‘s reluctance to invoke the Insurrection Act to squash these riots in the cities was also partially to blame why they worsened. It is also my opinion that attacking Joe Biden for the 1994 crime bill during a time when crime and mayhem were rising in the cities may have cost him votes

That is an interesting scenario that I hadn't considered. I DO believe be should have acted to enforce the law.

Yes Donald Trump secured the border and made us energy independent. But those are gone.

And Mussolini made the trains run on time. We literally can't afford him. Proven. Period.

Perhaps this year is where it starts. We don’t need the likes of the Romney, McCarthy or McConnell but we also don’t want candidates who think they’re only job is to entertain the base. Joe Biden and his left-leaning Democratic Party have created probably one of the best opportunities for the rise of conservatism I’ve seen since the late 1970s

That's right. If only people would stand for what they purport to believe in. But history attests, it is likely they won't.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2022, 02:03:18 pm »
That sure as hell ain't Tumpy.

Fiscally?  No doubt.  $6.8T additional incurred debt in 4 years is proof of that.

This after saying he would eliminate the mational debt  in 8 years in the presidential campaign.....  In 4 years he ran it up faster than his 43 predecessors.

Outside fiscal?  I'd give him a solid B+.  on the conservative report card.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2022, 02:06:23 pm »
That’s the challenge. And that person is going to need a very thick skin as the attacks from the press and left will be epic. And that person has to be likable. Like it or not, that matters. Trump started office and left office an unpopular president. 

I liked Ron Paul when he was in office and wrote him in in 2008 over McCain when talk radio types were insisting that conservatives must vote McCain and in 2012 for Romney.

It’s a possibility that 2024 may just go Biden’s way if he makes it.

That is a distinct possibility, unfortunately.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2022, 02:10:52 pm »

Well then this country is well and truly effed.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2022, 02:13:20 pm »

No president went through the 24/7 365 media smear like Trump did.

The MSM/Big Tech machine very well understands if you use tactics like this, there is no way to avoid a sound percentage of the shit sticking via perception.

Many years ago, when I took corporate media training, the instructor who was a network correspondance chief boldly told us that if he was given 500 hours of air time, and given free rein to distort, he could make Mother Teresa look like Hitler in 6 months.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2022, 02:14:41 pm »
Well then this country is well and truly effed.

Agree 100% this country will not survive a 2024-2028 democratic presidency.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2022, 02:16:26 pm »
Fiscally?  No doubt.  $6.8T additional incurred debt in 4 years is proof of that.

This after saying he would eliminate the mational debt  in 8 years in the presidential campaign.....  In 4 years he ran it up faster than his 43 predecessors.

That's right, and on that point alone he should never be rewarded with a second term.

He shut the country OFF. He shut it the hell OFF. How many thousands upon thousands of business owners went under on his watch? He was also the genesis of this vaccine bullsh*t, and lifted Fauci into the limelight. All this crap we are enduring started in him.

I like that he moved the embassy to Jerusalem. There are things I praised. But by and large his so called conservatism was (intentionally in my mind) couched in useless executive orders - fleeting and without worth except to titillate his fans - which much to my chagrin, worked like a charm. A literal charm - an enchantment. Expect more of the very same with the exact same result.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2022, 02:18:37 pm »
That sure as hell ain't Tumpy.

@roamer_1

HorseHillary! You are delusional.l
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2022, 02:20:42 pm »
If Trump runs again, he needs to put together his team,  I want to know if he's President again who is going to be working for him, before I vote for him.  This was his achilles heel.   Now I understand you can only hire people who want the job, and who can get approved by Mitch.      But Trump needs to show he can bring better people on board this time.

@dfwgator

I am in complete agreement with the above. Trump ain't a political rookie anymore,and  he needs to have his ducks lined up in a row the day he announces.

No more "winging it".

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2022, 02:23:22 pm »
@dfwgator

I am in complete agreement with the above. Trump ain't a political rookie anymore,and  he needs to have his ducks lined up in a row the day he announces.

No more "winging it".

One of the reasons I prefer DeSantis at this time is that he has a lot of people working for him in Florida he can bring with him to Washington DC and hit the ground running, with guys who will have his back.    Most of the people Trump hired did not have Trump's best interests in mind.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2022, 02:23:55 pm »
One of the reasons I prefer DeSantis at this time is that he has a lot of people working for him in Florida he can bring with him to Washington DC and hit the ground running, with guys who will have his back.    Most of the people Trump hired did not have Trump's best interests in mind.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2022, 02:24:01 pm »

The big risk is getting a spineless moderate or some swamp creature as the GOP nominee,

@andy58-in-nh

That is PRECISELY what will happen if Trump doesn't run. The GOP careerists will do EXACTLY what they always do,make back door deals that benefit them and their re-elections,while throwing America under the bus.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2022, 02:24:28 pm »

That's right, and on that point alone he should never be rewarded with a second term.

He shut the country OFF. He shut it the hell OFF. How many thousands upon thousands of business owners went under on his watch? He was also the genesis of this vaccine bullsh*t, and lifted Fauci into the limelight. All this crap we are enduring started in him.

You realize that the early pandemic was being handled with basically an empty slate?  We were dealing with matters we hadn't had to deal with for over a 100 years.  Considering the virility and lethality rates of the early strain, just what would you have done differently?

Love to hear your answer on that........

Online LMAO

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2022, 02:24:34 pm »

I’ve had the link to the debt clock pretty much since I’ve been on this site. There’s no paying it back. The more it gets racked up, the  harder it is to do anything about it. We are already starting to see the effects of the debt. This is a very serious issue

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2022, 02:25:15 pm »
@roamer_1

HorseHillary! You are delusional.l

No I am not. He followed the very same prescription as the Moderate wing (which he held hands with).

Strong for the military. Strong for the Christian Right (lip service generally, if you look at real Christian Right causes) Weak as hell on libertarianism, and damn well left fiscally. Boosh all over again.

I liked him generally in foreign policy - more than most. Some of his domestic policy was good - But nowhere near Conservative. Not by a long, long shot.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2022, 02:25:36 pm »

I like that he moved the embassy to Jerusalem. There are things I praised. But by and large his so called conservatism was (intentionally in my mind) couched in useless executive orders - fleeting and without worth except to titillate his fans - which much to my chagrin, worked like a charm. A literal charm - an enchantment. Expect more of the very same with the exact same result.

COVID was indeed the worst-case scenario for Trump,  and really there was no way for Trump to win on that, regardless of what he did.    He was cruising to re-election,  any Democrat would have told you that,   before the China Virus came down like Manna from Heaven for the Democrats.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2022, 02:26:10 pm »
I don’t think he will run again. I think that his wife, whom I adore, will factor BIGLY into that decision.

Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2022, 02:26:16 pm »

From a man who one of his first comments was "I only hire the best"

Trump absolutely sucked in this department.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2022, 02:28:47 pm »
I don’t think he will run again. I think that his wife, whom I adore, will factor BIGLY into that decision.

If you are right, the ultimate narcissist in him will dictate that he milks every moment in the limelight until that point. 

I personally think he will run.  His ego won't let him not.

Online LMAO

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2022, 02:31:33 pm »
You realize that the early pandemic was being handled with basically an empty slate?  We were dealing with matters we hadn't had to deal with for over a 100 years.  Considering the virility and lethality rates of the early strain, just what would you have done differently?

@catfish1957

Off topic a bit, but if want to witness Olympic style  mental gymnastics find a leftist who believed Trump should have been impeached during the 2020 Covid period for the deaths and ask if they believe that standard should be now applied to Biden

I have asked a couple who held that view try to explain why it’s different for Biden and it’s Gold medal performance watching them spin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 02:38:42 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2022, 02:33:10 pm »
You realize that the early pandemic was being handled with basically an empty slate?  We were dealing with matters we hadn't had to deal with for over a 100 years. 

I am willing to concede that to some degree... That does not remedy the insane decision to shut it off. He shut it the f**k OFF.

Considering the virility and lethality rates of the early strain, just what would you have done differently?

I have been absolutely consistent in that. And proven to be right. NONE of what they have done has helped a damn thing and much of it, especially in urban centers where it was carried forward to the nth degree, likely exacerbated the problem. Social distancing did NOTHING. Masks did NOTHING. And with that shot all to hell, there is no reason at all to shut it down.

That is where I stood then, that is where I stand now - Because it is TRUE.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2022, 02:35:27 pm »
I’ve had the link to the debt clock pretty much since I’ve been on this site. There’s no paying it back. The more it gets racked up, the  harder it is to do anything about it. We are already starting to see the effects of the debt. This is a very serious issue

It is very nearly the ONLY issue. It impacts absolutely everything and most of all liberty.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2022, 02:38:50 pm »
@catfish1957

Off topic a bit, but if want to witness Olympic style  mental gymnastics find a leftist who believed Trump should have been impeached during the 2020 Covid period for the deaths and ask if they believe that standard should be now applied to Biden

I have asked a couple who held that view try to explain why it’s different for Biden and jts Gold medal performance watching them spin

I'll give it a try if the opportunity presents itself!