Author Topic: Obituaries for 2022  (Read 64990 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2022
« Reply #675 on: October 27, 2022, 11:06:36 am »
Lucianne
"... She loved her son without reservation, but they saw politics differently from time to time.  So, we've worked it out. The Lucianne.com team will stay on and Jonah will stay out of it.) ..."

Interesting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #676 on: October 27, 2022, 02:08:26 pm »
October 27, 2022
Lucianne Goldberg, R.I.P.
By Thomas Lifson

Going to Lucianne.com this morning, as I do every morning, I was shocked and saddened to read that its proprietor, Lucianne Goldberg, has passed away:

Dear L Dotters.
    We are heartbroken. Our beloved Lucianne passed away peacefully and surrounded by loved ones in her own home, the way she wanted.  But she has left a whole in our lives that we can never fill completely.

Lucianne was a loving wife, mother, and grandmother.  She was also a patriot who expressed her love of this country with both political fierceness and penetrating wit.

In that part of her world this site became her home, her community, and her voice.  She also wanted Lucianne.com to endure and she made arrangements that it would do so - just as it has for the past 25 years. The same loyal staff, the same policies, and the same principles. ( And before you ask, her son Jonah will not be involved.
    She loved her son without reservation, but they saw politics differently from time to time.  So, we've worked it out.
    The Lucianne.com team will stay on and Jonah will stay out of it.)

Obviously, no one can replace Lucianne. But we can carry-on in her name.  We're not asking you to send money or make donations to anything.  We're just asking you to stick around.  We think that's the best way to honor and keep her memory alive.
    Please keep her light shining.

Lucianne was 87 years old this year, and her declining health was a concern to all of us who knew her. She is one of the most vivid personalities that I have ever known. I got to know her first as a caller to her syndicated radio program, becoming a regular, and eventually serving as guest host. We chatted on the telephone a lot for many years, and Lucianne reveled in her status as a gossip. Her stories about people I had only read about were incredible. She lived a very rich and eventful life, with passionate friends and enemies.

Lucianne talked me into dropping my pen name Berkeley Thomas and starting to write under my real name. When I started American Thinker, her support, frequent posts as a “must read,” introductions, and advice were a tremendous help. AT would not have succeeded to the extent it has without her.

When her husband Sid, and her son Joshua, died, I could tell how profoundly she was saddened and shaken.

She is survived by her son Jonah, daughter-in-law Jessica and granddaughter Lucy. I can only offer my deep sympathy for their profound loss.

The world will be a less interesting place with Lucianne no long with us.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/lucianne_goldberg_rip.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #677 on: October 27, 2022, 02:12:02 pm »
I remember her from TOS. Long before she started her own site.  We had or share of disagreements but always remained on good terms.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #678 on: October 27, 2022, 03:01:50 pm »
I remember her from TOS. Long before she started her own site.  We had or share of disagreements but always remained on good terms.

Trixie was OK, for the most part.  After all that she went on.  I did not know she helped create American Thinker.  Meanwhile, her son Jonah turned into a major league jerk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #679 on: October 27, 2022, 03:16:38 pm »
Trixie was OK, for the most part.  After all that she went on.  I did not know she helped create American Thinker.  Meanwhile, her son Jonah turned into a major league jerk.

:yowsa: to all of that! I wasn't aware of the American Thinker connection either.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #680 on: October 27, 2022, 03:38:24 pm »
Rod Dreher's obit for Lucianne Goldberg:

I Loved Lucie: The Unforgettable Mrs. Goldberg

There was no one like that dame. May her memory be eternal

Rod Dreher
Oct 27, 2022

What a blow to hear that the great Lucianne Goldberg has died. My strongest condolences to Jonah Goldberg, and to all who loved her. Good Lord, was she ever great. John Podhoretz remembers:

Lucianne Goldberg was—she owned the term proudly—a broad. A grand broad—big, blowsy, sexy, and up for a good time from morning till night. She was the first and the last person I ever knew to spend her days inserting cigarettes into a cigarette holder and smoking them with relish like she was attending the blowout party in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.

Source:  https://www.theamericanconservative.com/i-loved-lucie-the-unforgettable-mrs-goldberg/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #681 on: October 28, 2022, 05:09:57 pm »
Ok.

My phone is blowing up with notices that Jerry Lee Lewis is now really dead.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #682 on: October 28, 2022, 05:12:47 pm »
Jerry Lee Lewis, outrageous rock 'n' roll star, dies at 87

Jerry Lee Lewis, the untamable rock 'n' roll pioneer whose outrageous talent, energy and ego collided on such definitive records as "Great Balls of Fire" and "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" and sustained a career otherwise upended by personal scandal, died Friday morning at 87.

The last survivor of a generation of groundbreaking performers that included Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard, Lewis died at home in Memphis, Tennessee, representative Zach Farnum said in a release.

Of all the rock rebels to emerge in the 1950s, few captured the new genre's attraction and danger as unforgettably as the Louisiana-born piano player who called himself "The Killer."

https://abc7ny.com/jerry-lee-lewis-rock-n-roll-celebrity-deaths-great-balls-of-fire/12390557/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #683 on: October 28, 2022, 05:54:10 pm »

https://abc7ny.com/jerry-lee-lewis-rock-n-roll-celebrity-deaths-great-balls-of-fire/12390557/

My wife and I once attended an event headlined by Jerry Lee during which the entire audience got up and left him sitting onstage at the piano all by himself.  (He was drunk as a skunk and loudly cursed out someone for making a request he didn't like)

May he rest in peace!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #684 on: October 28, 2022, 06:05:35 pm »
Ok.

My phone is blowing up with notices that Jerry Lee Lewis is now really dead.

In other news....Keith Richards is still alive.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #685 on: October 28, 2022, 06:08:47 pm »
My wife and I once attended an event headlined by Jerry Lee during which the entire audience got up and left him sitting onstage at the piano all by himself.  (He was drunk as a skunk and loudly cursed out someone for making a request he didn't like)

May he rest in peace!

He was playing Mickey Gilleys back in 1980 when I was in Houston. Heck of a show.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #686 on: October 28, 2022, 06:16:38 pm »

I'm going to give it 24 hours to see if it sticks this time.
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #687 on: October 28, 2022, 06:16:49 pm »
He was playing Mickey Gilleys back in 1980 when I was in Houston. Heck of a show.

Yeah! All the time. He and Mickey are close kin folk.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #688 on: October 28, 2022, 06:23:16 pm »

Went to see him twice - didn't show either time. RIP Killer!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #689 on: October 28, 2022, 07:02:39 pm »
Yeah! All the time. He and Mickey are close kin folk.

So they both were related to his 1st wife?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #690 on: October 28, 2022, 07:10:36 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #691 on: October 28, 2022, 10:58:36 pm »
Vince Dooley, legendary Georgia football coach and athletic director, passes away at 90

Connor Riley  |  1 hour ago

Vince Dooley, the winningest Georgia football coach in program history, passed away at the age of 90. The University of Georgia announced Dooley’s passing in an official statement.

Dooley served as the football coach from 1964 through the 1988 season, racking up a 201-77-10 record in his time at Georgia. The Bulldogs won the SEC six times under Dooley and were national champions in the 1980 season. He also served as the school’s athletic director from 1979 through 2004, hiring many of Georgia’s most successful coaches in that span.

Dooley was born in Mobile, Ala., on Sept. 4, 1932. He would go on to play quarterback at Auburn, where he received a degree in business management and later a master’s in history. Dooley got his coaching career started at Auburn, working under Ralph ‘Shug’ Jordan from 1956 through the 1963 season.  .  .  .

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/vince-dooley-georgia-football-obituary/J3KRR32ODNBJVFSA4WZEWZG7XU/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #692 on: October 29, 2022, 01:09:01 am »
Vince Dooley, legendary Georgia football coach and athletic director, passes away at 90

Connor Riley  |  1 hour ago

Vince Dooley, the winningest Georgia football coach in program history, passed away at the age of 90. The University of Georgia announced Dooley’s passing in an official statement.

Dooley served as the football coach from 1964 through the 1988 season, racking up a 201-77-10 record in his time at Georgia. The Bulldogs won the SEC six times under Dooley and were national champions in the 1980 season. He also served as the school’s athletic director from 1979 through 2004, hiring many of Georgia’s most successful coaches in that span.

Dooley was born in Mobile, Ala., on Sept. 4, 1932. He would go on to play quarterback at Auburn, where he received a degree in business management and later a master’s in history. Dooley got his coaching career started at Auburn, working under Ralph ‘Shug’ Jordan from 1956 through the 1963 season.  .  .  .

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/vince-dooley-georgia-football-obituary/J3KRR32ODNBJVFSA4WZEWZG7XU/

@Hoodat

I care and know almost less than nothing about sports,and even I know who Vince Dooley was.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #693 on: October 29, 2022, 11:54:49 pm »

DEAD KENNEDYS DRUMMER D.H. PELIGRO DEAD AT 63

D.H. Peligro -- a longtime drummer for the Dead Kennedys -- has died after hitting his head in what seems to be an accidental fall ... but the jury's still out on what exactly killed him.

The punk rock band announced D.H.'s death Saturday in an official Instagram post, writing ... "Dead Kennedys' drummer D.H. Peligro (Darren Henley) passed away in his Los Angeles home yesterday, October 28th. Police on the scene stated that he died from trauma to the head caused by an accidental fall."

https://www.tmz.com/2022/10/29/dead-kennedys-drumer-dh-peligro-dead-dies-falls-head-bathroom/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #694 on: November 01, 2022, 10:16:14 pm »
Julie Powell, Food Writer Known for ‘Julie & Julia,’ Dies at 49

Julie Powell, the writer whose decision to spend a year cooking every recipe in Julia Child’s “Mastering the Art of French Cooking” led to the popular food blog, the Julie/Julia Project, a movie starring Meryl Streep and a new following for Mrs. Child in the final years of her life, died on Oct. 26 at her home in Olivebridge, in upstate New York. She was 49.

Her husband, Eric Powell, said the cause was cardiac arrest.

Ms. Powell narrated her struggles in the kitchen in a funny, lacerating voice that struck a nerve with a rising generation of disaffected contemporaries.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/01/dining/julie-powell-dead.html

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #695 on: November 01, 2022, 10:18:39 pm »
Another fully vaxed I'm guessing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #696 on: November 02, 2022, 03:23:14 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

Online mountaineer

« Reply #698 on: November 02, 2022, 06:51:04 pm »
Julie Powell, Food Writer Known for ‘Julie & Julia,’ Dies at 49
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #699 on: November 02, 2022, 06:52:23 pm »