Author Topic: Lone gunman goes on shooting rampage through six locations across Colorado leaving four dead and thr  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Until "Bikers for Trump" most Americans learned all they know about bikers and tatoos from the movies.  And let's face it, the glamour of the biker sect was their anti-establishment portrayals.  It's not a stretch from anti-establishment to not conservative.
I reckon that depends on what you are conserving.
In our town, 9 of 10 of the (lawfully and obviously armed) counter-protestors to the BLM protest were on motorcycles.

These aren't people who ride for teevee glamour, they ride because they love it, and are some of the most patriotic people I know. 

Google "Rolling Thunder", for just one example, and recall the Patriot Guard Riders.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In our town, 9 of 10 of the (lawfully and obviously armed) counter-protestors to the BLM protest were on motorcycles.

These aren't people who ride for teevee glamour, they ride because they love it, and are some of the most patriotic people I know. 

Google "Rolling Thunder", for just one example, and recall the Patriot Guard Riders.

@Smokin Joe

Even most of the actual "Outlaw Bikers" I have know where VERY strong patriots when push comes to shove. After all,loving freedom and independence is pretty much what their whole lives revolve around.

As for the conflict that might seem to cause between being a strong patriot and being a clubber,people become clubbers to be surrounded by like thinkers because they can't stand the phoniness of the typical American.

I have been asked to join several clubs and always refused. Not because I object to clubs,but because I personally object to the lack of independence. I want to go where I want to go and do what I want to do when *I* want to do it,not when someone else decides it's a good thing for me to do.

Never really met any clubbers that objected to my viewpoint or tried to give me any crap about it,either.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Even most of the actual "Outlaw Bikers" I have know where VERY strong patriots when push comes to shove. After all,loving freedom and independence is pretty much what their whole lives revolve around.

As for the conflict that might seem to cause between being a strong patriot and being a clubber,people become clubbers to be surrounded by like thinkers because they can't stand the phoniness of the typical American.

I have been asked to join several clubs and always refused. Not because I object to clubs,but because I personally object to the lack of independence. I want to go where I want to go and do what I want to do when *I* want to do it,not when someone else decides it's a good thing for me to do.

Never really met any clubbers that objected to my viewpoint or tried to give me any crap about it,either.
My experience has been much the same. For me, remaining independent kept patch politics out of a larger mission, and as long as I was actively engaged in that, I stayed independent. After that, I figured I was too gray around the muzzle to be prospecting, anyway, and besides, with my work, I have to be free to come and go as I please. No such thing as a "mandatory run" is compatible with my job.There will be a conflict. I'm not one to do things by halves, and I could not commit, so I stayed independent. While the one club I would have prospected is still a solid bunch, and like brothers to me, it was better to remain independent. It suits me best.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I was just passing along a personal observation @Smokin Joe   I wasn't looking to start a grand debate on bikers and tatoos.  Can we get past this, please?

Offline Smokin Joe

I was just passing along a personal observation @Smokin Joe   I wasn't looking to start a grand debate on bikers and tatoos.  Can we get past this, please?
As a minor victim of your limited experience and stereotyping, I am just trying to set things straight and make people aware that a lot of conservatives ride motorcycles. Slugs have a hard time affording Harley-Davidsons, Valkyries, Indians, Victories, or Gold Wings. (all names/makes of large highway bikes). I'm not out to start a debate, but to end one.

BTW, this post mentioned tattoos one more time than my last one.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As a minor victim of your limited experience and stereotyping, I am just trying to set things straight and make people aware that a lot of conservatives ride motorcycles.

Mission accomplished @Smokin Joe   

I guess all we can do now is wait for the Earth to shift off its axis from this life-altering news.   8888forgot

Offline Smokin Joe

Mission accomplished @Smokin Joe   

I guess all we can do now is wait for the Earth to shift off its axis from this life-altering news.   8888forgot
You missed that? :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Hi @Roamer.  No. No conservative, would have a bunch of tats, like his.  Military men, from long ago, would have one maybe.  They are pretending to be, conservatives. Bikers are not conservatives. Some, maybe very good people at heart, but NOT conservative.  Ta.  888high58888
Wow are you wrong. Some of the most conservative people (Men and Women, including bikers) have some amazing artwork.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Disagree.  Most people start out as liberals, then with age, become conservatives. So young liberals got their tats, then became conservatives later in years, but still show their immaturity time. (Getting tats)  Even I was a liberal in my 20's!  I didn't know enough; now I do.  I am not against any bikers!  See, you said NO INK, for you. CONSERVATIVES, would not want to deface their bodies. Nor face.  Tats have become a fad in our society.  I just don't go, for most fads. No need for tats. Maybe, we have a different idea what 'conservative' means. 

I broke out of my mold, and did a glamour shot at age 45!  First time. Age 48, breast cancer, part of left breast removed.
It looks risqué, but you see more in a bathing suit.  Normally, I would NOT do something like that. They had to give me wine, to calm me down, from being so nervous !  So, now I have pictures of my former self, without scar on breast.
I strongly suggest that you spend some time at Gun and sportsman shows. You will se some amazing artwork, and don't even think of supposing that those venues are populated by libs.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.