Author Topic: Lone gunman goes on shooting rampage through six locations across Colorado leaving four dead and thr  (Read 1796 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Your willful ignorance of what constitutes a "conservative", let alone a Christian is noted.  I know many righteous folks who bear tats and I'll entrust my life and the lives of my loved ones to them before the likes of you.  God sees how you treat (and judge) others.

lol. Wow so many trigged, NON-CONSERVATIVES on here.  I know some Christians with tats, too, who are now sad they did that to themselves.  Did you know it says in the Bible, NOT TO DO THIS TO YOUR BODY? 

I am not Jewish, but in their beliefs if you do this, you cannot be buried in a JEWISH cemetery.( Anyone Jewish, feel free to correct me. ) 

I am judging others? lol  Not my job.  I do have my beliefs. (I don't know every person with tats, how could I judge them?)   I don't believe in tats, I have none. The Bible does say, we are to judge righteously, discern. It even says to go to people and 'set them straight'.  I won't do that. I see that as meddling, in 2021.

My son is mad at me, because I don't believe in 'spreading the word'.  You think, I have all this power!  lol

What is your real issue?  YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF TATS?  Does not concern me.  Between you and your maker.  I would say, you have a very UN-CHRISTIAN like post to me. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Some of his victims had something to do with tattooing. Maybe he took one look at that mess on his torso and decided to exact revenge.

I agree, it does look like a mess!  I wasn't sure, what,  I was looking at.  Why do males on here, only 'attack' me with my dislike for tats?  You called it a 'mess'.  No comment regarding your "judging" on his tats, only me.  Mmmmmmm

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I agree, it does look like a mess!  I wasn't sure, what,  I was looking at.  Why do males on here, only 'attack' me with my dislike for tats?  You called it a 'mess'.  No comment regarding your "judging" on his tats, only me.  Mmmmmmm
Please understand this is not a criticism of you or your personal taste in regards to tattoos. It was not your personal dislike for tats, but your post apparently equating their presence with not being conservative.

Like I said early on, I haven't seen anything I want to wear that long, and plan to be cremated when I go, so what would be the point?

While a lot of tattoo artwork verges on or is satanic in content, a lot is not. I have seen both. And there are no small number of tattoos out there which express patriotic images (Especially on firemen, police, mainstream and even outlaw bikers, and veterans, groups which have a significant overlap).

Beyond that, it is a matter of taste, and conservatives usually avoid tattoos on the neck, face, and hands.

You are free to dislike tats, that is a matter of personal taste, just I would avoid making broad assumptions about political philosophies based on the mere presence or absence of skin art. Instead, I'd find out what that art means, and whether the holder of it still finds that dear. Three of my grandchildren (all of majority age) already have tattoos in memory of their Grandmother, and it hasn't been a month. I am touched by their love and devotion for her. They are all conservative in most of their ways.

In the case of the perpetrator, well, the big black area looks like a really desperate cover up tattoo, either of something he no longer believed in or just some really bad artwork.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

lol. Wow so many trigged, NON-CONSERVATIVES on here.

WRT both @Smokin Joe and @SZonian , you are dealing with two of the most stalwart Conservatives on this board. Your ignorance is showing.

Offline Smokin Joe

WRT both @Smokin Joe and @SZonian , you are dealing with two of the most stalwart Conservatives on this board. Your ignorance is showing.
I'm just chalking the difference of opinion up to something too broadly stated. If you look at that perp and think of MS-13, you'd have a hard time imagining conservatives with tats.

It's just that I can't count the American Flags, unit patches, and the like I have seen over the years expressing solid love for America, and sometimes the willingness to pay the ultimate price for this Country. Now, I know not all people who seem patriotic are Conservatives, but they tend to mostly be in my experience.

And as I said, as for me, no ink.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Please understand this is not a criticism of you or your personal taste in regards to tattoos. It was not your personal dislike for tats, but your post apparently equating their presence with not being conservative.

Like I said early on, I haven't seen anything I want to wear that long, and plan to be cremated when I go, so what would be the point?

While a lot of tattoo artwork verges on or is satanic in content, a lot is not. I have seen both. And there are no small number of tattoos out there which express patriotic images (Especially on firemen, police, mainstream and even outlaw bikers, and veterans, groups which have a significant overlap).

Beyond that, it is a matter of taste, and conservatives usually avoid tattoos on the neck, face, and hands.

You are free to dislike tats, that is a matter of personal taste, just I would avoid making broad assumptions about political philosophies based on the mere presence or absence of skin art. Instead, I'd find out what that art means, and whether the holder of it still finds that dear. Three of my grandchildren (all of majority age) already have tattoos in memory of their Grandmother, and it hasn't been a month. I am touched by their love and devotion for her. They are all conservative in most of their ways.

In the case of the perpetrator, well, the big black area looks like a really desperate cover up tattoo, either of something he no longer believed in or just some really bad artwork.

Nice post.  I don't believe in tats. NOT ART.  That is mutiltation of your body. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. People believing this is Ok.  MY BROAD BRUSH?  I am stating my beliefs and thoughts.  MY BELIEFS.  Yours are different. Why should THAT MATTER...what I believe in?   It is sad, people do this to themselves.  NOSE RING, EYEBROW piercings, nipple piercings, etc.  I won't say anything to anyone who does this...THEIR CHOICE.  But, something is wrong mentally.  MY THOUGHTS. 

Do what you want. I have a card and gift for prayers for my dad's passing. I put it in a silver frame.  Not on my body.

Online roamer_1

I'm just chalking the difference of opinion up to something too broadly stated. If you look at that perp and think of MS-13, you'd have a hard time imagining conservatives with tats.

It's just that I can't count the American Flags, unit patches, and the like I have seen over the years expressing solid love for America, and sometimes the willingness to pay the ultimate price for this Country. Now, I know not all people who seem patriotic are Conservatives, but they tend to mostly be in my experience.

And as I said, as for me, no ink.

Me, no ink either. Thankfully, but for the grace of God...

Liberty minded folks DO tend to be Conservative and understand the object of the exercise far better than most... because the active ingredient in Conservatism is individual independence. And that is the root cause of liberty.

And the hard edge of that is folks that tend to wear a patch, one way or another - and that hard edge has never been fit for polite society. I revel in the fact that polite society rejects them folks that are required for its continued existence.

When BLM and Antifa came out here to make a fuss, it was a sight to see... There were the LEOS standing there in their way, and mingled right among em, rednecks and bikers - colors and tatts a flyin. @LegalAmerican  can think whatever she wants... I will sleep in peace tonight firstly because of my own ability to make a defense, and secondly, for the bare fact of them fellers that stood up to hold that line.

Offline Smokin Joe

Nice post.  I don't believe in tats. NOT ART.  That is mutiltation of your body. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. People believing this is Ok.  MY BROAD BRUSH?  I am stating my beliefs and thoughts.  MY BELIEFS.  Yours are different. Why should THAT MATTER...what I believe in?   It is sad, people do this to themselves.  NOSE RING, EYEBROW piercings, nipple piercings, etc.  I won't say anything to anyone who does this...THEIR CHOICE.  But, something is wrong mentally.  MY THOUGHTS. 

Do what you want. I have a card and gift for prayers for my dad's passing. I put it in a silver frame.  Not on my body.
I do not see tattoos or piercings as being an enhancement, myself. (Not even in memory of my wife, whose worth as a person is engraved in my heart and the hearts of all those she knew.)

In that we agree.

But stepping back from what I might want to wear--or not, some of the ink I have seen is definitely art. For those who wear it, they have chosen to be the canvas that artwork went on.

We could debate about whether that embellishment is an improvement over what the Lord has provided, but our discussion would be moot, because neither of us chose that route, and as you said, what others do is up to them.
At that point it is a matter of individual taste.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

The issue here is not tattoos. Could we please get off that topic?

This guy was some sort of real nut, and he's being painted by the media as "alt-right," because to the braindead masses, alt-right is exactly the same as conservative. We know better than that, but the snooze media are going to push that narrative as yet another effort to smear us as terrorists and violent insurrectionists. That - to me, anyway - is the real subject here, not this idiot's fugly tats.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hi @Roamer.  No. No conservative, would have a bunch of tats, like his.  Military men, from long ago, would have one maybe.  They are pretending to be, conservatives. Bikers are not conservatives. Some, maybe very good people at heart, but NOT conservative.  Ta.  888high58888

@LegalAmerican

You have never been more wrong.

BTW,I have one tat. It is a set of US Army jump wings tattooed on my left bicep. I never got another one only because I thought that one said it all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 01:08:33 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But you miss my point. While there are some things conservatives would never have tattooed on themselves, other lasting devotions often are. As you said, it is a fad in most circles.

But a Conservative is not determined by appearance, and many of the most heinous leftists look what is considered "respectable". Being Conservative is determined by the set of life principles you live by and believe, at least in a political and moral sense and has nothing to do with more superficial appearances.

What you seem to miss, is that riding motorcycles has at its root one seminal characteristic: a sense of freedom. Ask any biker and they will tell you.

@Smokin Joe

NEVER been happier than when I was blasting down the road on my scoot,all by my own damn self.

Still have two Harley's even though I can't ride anymore. I can still walk past them and smile and remember the good times as I touch them.

Anyone else that touched them either asked permission first or started bleeding.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 01:01:47 am by sneakypete »

Offline LegalAmerican

The issue here is not tattoos. Could we please get off that topic?

This guy was some sort of real nut, and he's being painted by the media as "alt-right," because to the braindead masses, alt-right is exactly the same as conservative. We know better than that, but the snooze media are going to push that narrative as yet another effort to smear us as terrorists and violent insurrectionists. That - to me, anyway - is the real subject here, not this idiot's fugly tats.

That is what I was tying to convey.  NOT ALT-RIGHT!  THANK YOU.   :thumbsup:  I agree.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

lol. Wow so many trigged, NON-CONSERVATIVES on here.  I know some Christians with tats, too, who are now sad they did that to themselves.  Did you know it says in the Bible, NOT TO DO THIS TO YOUR BODY? 

I am not Jewish, but in their beliefs if you do this, you cannot be buried in a JEWISH cemetery.( Anyone Jewish, feel free to correct me. ) 

I am judging others? lol  Not my job.  I do have my beliefs. (I don't know every person with tats, how could I judge them?)   I don't believe in tats, I have none. The Bible does say, we are to judge righteously, discern. It even says to go to people and 'set them straight'.  I won't do that. I see that as meddling, in 2021.

My son is mad at me, because I don't believe in 'spreading the word'.  You think, I have all this power!  lol

What is your real issue?  YOU HAVE A BUNCH OF TATS?  Does not concern me.  Between you and your maker.  I would say, you have a very UN-CHRISTIAN like post to me.
And there you go again...judging people as "NON-CONSERVATIVES" because we don't superficially judge others based on their appearances.  How can one "judge righteously" solely on tattoos/appearances?  You made an off handed remark and now attempt to go on the offensive vs. just admitting the mistake.  Like I mentioned, people can change (convert), that is the goal, no?  So someone raised with biblical wisdom would most likely not get tattoos, but others who aren't and find it later are to be shunned?  Projection onto others while being challenged for your comments and position isn't going to work around here btw.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

@Smokin Joe, correct.  I don't have tats either, considered them back in the day, but didn't.  Not my thing.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@roamer_1, thanks for that.   888high58888

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1, thanks for that.   888high58888

One would think it would go without saying...  :beer: :seeya:

Offline LMAO

In this instance, you prove your ignorance. Several of us here are Bikers. Those we ride with aren't the teevee fictional criminal bunch, but crews like Fire and Iron or the Vietnam Veterans MC.

Tattoos, while a personal choice, abound.

Don't confuse "white collar conservatives" with the ideas and principles, which are commonly held by ferociously independent blue collar conservatives as well.

As for me, no ink, but that is just because I haven't seen anything I want to wear that long, but I know a lot of staunch conservatives with multiple tattoos, They don't get them on their faces. Most of the recent vets (Gulf War on) I know have more than one. With IEDs it makes it easier to sort the bodies/parts.

I find more often than not, @LegalAmerican  proves their ignorance regardless of the subject

I also know plenty of people who are very conservative who wear  tattoos. And who ride motorcycles

Perhaps LA does not understand what conservatism is
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I find more often than not, @LegalAmerican  proves their ignorance regardless of the subject

I also know plenty of people who are very conservative who wear  tattoos. And who ride motorcycles

While I realize I am risking being accused of an attack I have come to the conclusion that anyone who disagrees with LA or their opinions is deemed not a real Conservative. The most import rule for getting out of a hole you dug is to stop digging.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:13:00 pm by GtHawk »

Offline LegalAmerican

That some of you think tats are something conservatives do to their body's is hilarious. Also, not Biblical. Just shows how far most have fallen from grace and the clean living.  This is to get you ready for the MARK OF THE BEAST.  I bet those who got tattooed during the holocaust, did NOT like tats.  I am not Jewish.  Just saying.

People have fallen for that big lie. TATTOO'S  are part of the BIG RE-SET.  Some of you are offended?  I have never seen any of you, have I?  You have to deal with your decisions.  Not I. 

That is all I want to say about THAT!  Stop P.M.ing me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That some of you think tats are something conservatives do to their body's is hilarious. Also, not Biblical. Just shows how far most have fallen from grace and the clean living.   

@LegalAmerican

You are suffering under the delusion that being a conservative
means being a devout Bible Thumper.

Just ain't true. In fact,if ANYTHING,Bible Thumpers are fascists that do NOT believe in any freedom other than the one you have that insists you follow their rules or burn in a mythical Hell for all eternity.

Just ain't true. I haven't attended a church meeting since I was in the 5th grade and told the fundie preacher to take his Bible and stick it up his ass.

I dare you to find many people here who are MORE conservative than me,and you won't find a SINGLE Bible Thumper amongst them.

TRUE conservatives believe in individual freedoms and rights,and Bible Thumpers believe in being mindless followers,like a pack of flesh robots.

I am temped to apologize to the devout here who mostly keep their beliefs to themselves and don't insist everyone else follow in their footsteps,but there are so few it's just not worth arguing with them.

BTW,before they died,I had two uncles that were fundie preachers,so don't even THINK about telling me I am not familiar with the devout. I wouldn't have urinated on either if they were on fire. Elmer Gantry was a shoplifter compared to one of them.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 12:06:01 am by sneakypete »

Offline Mod2

Dear readers, please do not turn this thread into a religious debate. Management frowns on that. Enough tattoo talk, too, since that seems to have led to the religious argument.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Until "Bikers for Trump" most Americans learned all they know about bikers and tatoos from the movies.  And let's face it, the glamour of the biker sect was their anti-establishment portrayals.  It's not a stretch from anti-establishment to not conservative.

Online roamer_1

It's not a stretch from anti-establishment to not conservative.

Quite the other way around. Anti-establishment is small government and independence.
It is quite predictable that bikers tend to be libertarian.
Add to that the fact that most are vets and most MCs are founded by vets...
And biker rebellion is very similar to what the rebel flag is for the South and rednecks in general...
Which is also predictable, since bikers tend to come from redneck and blue collar.

Online roamer_1

And by the way, 'Bikers for Tump' is no revelation. There have been Conservative biker MCs all the way along - Rolling Thunder comes to mind.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Quite the other way around. Anti-establishment is small government and independence.
It is quite predictable that bikers tend to be libertarian.
Add to that the fact that most are vets and most MCs are founded by vets...
And biker rebellion is very similar to what the rebel flag is for the South and rednecks in general...
Which is also predictable, since bikers tend to come from redneck and blue collar.

Relax.  When it comes to my list of what's truly important, this isn't on it.     88devil

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 06:07:51 am by Right_in_Virginia »