Author Topic: West Virginians are Poor, Illeterate and Strung out  (Read 1282 times)

Offline mikezpen

West Virginians are Poor, Illeterate and Strung out
« on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:17 pm »
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/12/20/bette-midler-attacks-west-virginians-as-poor-illiterate-and-strung-out-then-apologizes/

So declarith Bette Midler who was all mad about Manchin. Typical reaction from the Hollywood elitist set. Apologized later when she realized that a few million people on line will trash her.

Another useless leftist who's a waste of oxygen.  :yowsa:

Offline Kamaji

Re: West Virginians are Poor, Illeterate and Strung out
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:44 pm »
Geez.  What an effing idiot.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 09:52:15 pm »
West Virginians are Poor, Illeterate and Strung out

Hey, only people from Virginia are allowed to say that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 10:28:47 pm »
Woah!  Where's the diversity and tolerance?  Bette is guilty of hick-shaming.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 10:29:25 pm »

Truth.
Actually we have been traveling though West Virginia quite a bit. It's beautiful but stay out of major stores. Checkout lines are a nightmare. They pay for everything with a handful of cards and it takes forever.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »
Everyone one here needs to send Joe Manchin a note saying "thank you for saving the country from Economic ruin". His Common Sense was the only thing that saved us!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:41:58 pm »
Everyone one here needs to send Joe Manchin a note saying "thank you for saving the country from Economic ruin". His Common Sense was the only thing that saved us!

:thumbsup:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 11:02:50 pm »
So what's Midler's reason for being rich, ignorant, strung out and alcoholic, I didn't think she was from West Virginia.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 11:41:20 pm »
AOC also weighed in on how miserable it is in WV, and how we need the government to take care of everything for us. Nothing new. We're used to it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 01:09:56 am »

I've never heard WVA mentioned even once.   

Well, maybe once ---- but that was only in reference to Jeff Foxworthy.    :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2021, 01:47:38 am »
AOC also weighed in on how miserable it is in WV, and how we need the government to take care of everything for us. Nothing new. We're used to it.

AOC also said that her district has more people than the entire State of West Virginia.  Math is not her strong suit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 03:00:34 am »
WV has somewhere between 1.6 and 1.8 million people. No, not all related.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 01:56:22 pm »
AOC also said that her district has more people than the entire State of West Virginia.  Math is not her strong suit.

Not at all.  Her district has about 700k residents.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2021, 02:33:57 pm »
Greg Price
@greg_price11
11h
The two states in America that have the lowest literacy rates actually happen to be  ... drum roll...   New York and California.
9:52 PM · Dec 20, 2021

:silly:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2021, 02:35:13 pm »
Greg Price
@greg_price11
11h
The two states in America that have the lowest literacy rates actually happen to be  ... drum roll...   New York and California.
9:52 PM · Dec 20, 2021

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2021, 02:40:28 pm »
I'll be the first to admit WV public schools are not as good as they used to be, but it's somehow comforting to know our kiddies are better educated than those in AOC's NY and Bette's California.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2021, 03:15:34 pm »
Geez.  What an effing idiot.

@Kamaji

What else did you expect from a life-long denizen of  NYC who has always been employed by Broadway,the movie industry,or the music industry? She might as well have been born inbred.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2021, 03:17:36 pm »
So what's Midler's reason for being rich, ignorant, strung out and alcoholic, I didn't think she was from West Virginia.

@GtHawk

She is from the entertainment industry in NYC,a more inbred group of retards exists nowhere else on the planet.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2021, 03:51:10 pm »
Twenty-six percent of West Virginians have something that Bette Midler does not - a college degree.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 05:16:03 pm »
@Kamaji

What else did you expect from a life-long denizen of  NYC who has always been employed by Broadway,the movie industry,or the music industry? She might as well have been born inbred.
She got her big career break in the gay bathhouses of NYC. That should tell you her loyalties.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2021, 05:35:21 pm »
Sorry, I can't get beyond the irony of "illiterate" being misspelled.
Let it burn.

Offline ironhorsedriver

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2021, 05:40:14 pm »
I must be the exception. I've been pretty successful, Can read and write, hell I can even do math. Raised a good family. Even went to college, yes we have them.  Got a damn good retirement, was even smart enough to plan for retirement. Not strung out on anything. But, alas, I'm just a simple hillbilly from WV, and proud of it!

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2021, 05:59:52 pm »
This is how Hollywood (and New York) views the rest of America:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2021, 07:10:20 pm »
I must be the exception. I've been pretty successful, Can read and write, hell I can even do math. Raised a good family. Even went to college, yes we have them.  Got a damn good retirement, was even smart enough to plan for retirement. Not strung out on anything. But, alas, I'm just a simple hillbilly from WV, and proud of it!
Ditto. We're fairly prosperous West Virginians, both with post-graduate degrees, we read a lot and never, ever have been strung out (not sure what that means. Oxycodone addicts?). But other than that, Bette has described us to a T.  :silly: