Author Topic: Back to Square One: Biden Build Back Better Senate Stall-Out Renders House Passage Insignificant  (Read 77 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Back to Square One: Biden Build Back Better Senate Stall-Out Renders House Passage Insignificant

Sean Moran 17 Dec 2021

The Senate’s delay of the $4.9 trillion Build Back Better Act to 2022 renders the passage of the bill through the House insignificant.

Biden announced Thursday evening that the Build Back Better Act will likely be stalled into 2022 after he failed to strike an accord with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), the critical Senate Democrat swing vote.

Biden’s statement does not set a timetable, meaning the bill could take significant change and time:

My team and I are having ongoing discussions with Senator Manchin; that work will continue next week. It takes time to finalize these agreements, prepare the legislative changes, and finish all the parliamentary and procedural steps needed to enable a Senate vote. We will advance this work together over the days and weeks ahead; Leader Schumer and I are determined to see the bill successfully on the floor as early as possible.

Democrats have a one-member majority in the Senate, meaning every Democrat, including Manchin, would have to vote for the bill, and have Vice President Kamala Harris break the tie in the chamber to pass the legislation, making the passage of the Build Back Better Act a monumental task.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/17/back-to-square-one-biden-build-back-better-senate-stall-out-renders-house-passage-insignificant/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34