Author Topic: Your feet are your lifeline in Special Operations: Boots and socks matter  (Read 67 times)

rangerrebew

Your feet are your lifeline in Special Operations: Boots and socks matter

Steve Balestrieri | December 8, 2021

Hello again in the Sandboxx. Many of you who are reading these pages will get the urge, (if you haven’t already) to attempt Selection and enter into the Special Operations community.

Trust me, regardless of the unit or service, if you are a self-starter, are intrinsically motivated, or just someone who feels he/she has to push yourself to the nth degree, there is absolutely no better place to be.

I read something once that has always stuck with me and I’ll share that with you, however, I didn’t write this, so don’t attribute it to me, but I wish I had:

“A normal man looks upon everything that happens in his life as a blessing or a curse. The warrior looks upon everything in his life as a challenge.”

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/your-feet-are-your-lifeline-in-special-operations-boots-and-socks-matter/

rangerrebew

Re: Your feet are your lifeline in Special Operations: Boots and socks matter
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 01:18:51 pm »
The very first thing John Wooden, legendary basketball coach at UCLA, taught his players was the proper way to put on socks.  He knew that sore feet and basketball don't work well together. :elephant: