Author Topic: Epidemic of smash-and-grab crime is definitely man-made By Jonathan Turley,  (Read 261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Epidemic of smash-and-grab crime is definitely man-made
By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 12/04/21 10:00 AM EST

Crime is raging across the country, from violent attacks to brazen shoplifting to mob “smash and grab” attacks. The White House this week had a simple answer for the cause of this rising lawlessness: It was not “defund the police” efforts, or more restrictive policies for police and prosecutors. It was the familiar scourge cited in debates ranging from infrastructure to supply chains to tax increases — the pandemic.

The pandemic now seems to have reached the mythic levels of gods who once were blamed for everything that went wrong in life. Africans had Anansi the Spider, while the Norse had the trickster Loki. Both were known to assume different identities to wreak disorder or steal precious things.

For politicians, it is useful to have a lurking Loki to explain that social problems are not really of their making, the result of their failures. The Loki factor was evident in the press conference this week when Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy asked about the rising lawlessness seen in major cities such as New York, Chicago and Los Angeles: “Does the president still think that crime is up because of the pandemic?” White House press secretary Jen Psaki replied that “many people have conveyed that.”

Doocy persisted: “So when a huge group of criminals organizes themselves and they want to go loot a store — a CVS, a Nordstrom, a Home Depot until the shelves are clean — do you think that’s because of the pandemic?” Psaki replied: “I think a root cause in a lot of communities is the pandemic, yes.”

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-justice/584323-epidemic-of-smash-and-grab-crime-is-definitely-man-made
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

When the Ancients wanted an end to bad behavior, they punished it w/finality, thru fire, a rope or a sword.
We are led around at the nose by our sanctimonious assholery who simply makes excuses for this trash.
So w/o the disincentive of punishment by death, why should bad behavior change??? Answer, it won't!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

And who is doing it? 
----------
There's only one way to end this: Judge Jeanine
Dec 4, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx_4m_W4ayU

Offline Kamaji

When the Ancients wanted an end to bad behavior, they punished it w/finality, thru fire, a rope or a sword.
We are led around at the nose by our sanctimonious assholery who simply makes excuses for this trash.
So w/o the disincentive of punishment by death, why should bad behavior change??? Answer, it won't!!!

Yeah, so every crime, every violation, should be a capital crime!  Death for DUI.  Death for speeding.  Death for running a stopsign!!!!

:rolleyes:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As infuriating as this is, it's almost entirely happening in Democrat controlled urban areas.

I will not interfere as they destroy themselves.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Absalom

Yeah, so every crime, every violation, should be a capital crime!  Death for DUI.  Death for speeding.  Death for running a stopsign!!!!:rolleyes:
--------------------------
The BAD behavior I referenced is the Violent Criminal Behavior on daily
display in our print & and visual msm, to which you're oblivious.
Punishment 'defines' the crime and sends the Lima Charlie message:
Behavior such as that, will be punished like this (as the neck rope snaps)!!!
And the consequence is which? Less violent crime or more violent crime???
Suggest you try getting real.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 10:12:50 pm by Absalom »

Offline Kamaji

--------------------------
The BAD behavior I referenced is the Violent Criminal Behavior on daily
display in our print & and visual msm, to which you're oblivious.
Punishment 'defines' the crime and sends the Lima Charlie message:
Behavior like that that will be punished like this (as the neck rope snaps)!!!
And the consequence is which? Less violent crime or more violent crime???
Suggest you try getting real.

"I'm oblivious to"???

You have no clue what I am, and am not, aware of.  If that's all you've got, your prescription is a thin, worthless gruel, indeed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Legal posted:
"There's only one way to end this: Judge Jeanine..."

I watched until Jeanine stated what her "only way" is.
And then... I stopped the video.

Sorry Judge.
That ain't "the only way" that's gonna bring an end to this.

Page this fellow:

Then we'll stand a chance to put a certain element back where they belong.

Offline LMAO

Even during the high crime era of the 1970s, I don’t recall criminals being this emboldened

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Even during the high crime era of the 1970s, I don’t recall criminals being this emboldened
The riots of that era were met with overwhelming force.

Curfew violators and looters ran a very real chance of being shot.

Compare and contrast with the response to the recent outbreaks of violence, and it is little wonder that those perpetrating these crimes are an emboldened demographic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis