Author Topic: Sotomayor’s intellectual limitations on display in the oral arguments over Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s  (Read 349 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 4, 2021
Sotomayor’s intellectual limitations on display in the oral arguments over Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health
By Patricia McCarthy

For anyone paying attention to the abortion rights case just argued before the Supreme Court, it would be hard to miss the deep emotional passion of Justice Sotomayor in defense of  Roe v. Wade.  The justices heard arguments in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health over a Mississippi law that prohibits termination of pregnancies after 15 weeks. Lower courts have found the ban plainly unconstitutional due to the half century of legal precedent since Roe and put it on hold.

While hardly alone in her knee-jerk attachment to the faux constitutionality of Roe, neither she nor the other liberals on the Court can address any relevant text in the Constitution that supports that 1973 decision. That would be because there isn’t any.  All that clever stuff about emanations and penumbras was wholly without constitutional basis.  Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito are running intellectual rings around the “it-was-written-by old-white men” anti-Constitutionalists.  Much of what has been said by the liberal justices and the pro-abortion defenders of Roe would be comical if it were not so deadly serious.

For example, Sotomayor asked, "Will this institution survive the stench that this creates in public perception that the constitution and its reading are just political acts?" she asked.  Does she actually think that the court’s decision on Roe in 1973 was not political?  Can she be that dim?  Yes, she can and is.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/sotomayors_intellectual_limitations_on_display_in_the_oral_arguments_over_emdobbs_v_jackson_womens_healthem.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Sotomayor might as well be arguing against Brown v. Board of Education.  The arguments are exactly the same.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She never was gifted.  Same for Kagan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Unless being 100% Marxist ideologues counts as gifted now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

I have more respect for Kagan than I do for Sotomayor.  At least Kagan has shown a willingness to learn.  She and Breyer do on occasion back the Constitution.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have more respect for Kagan than I do for Sotomayor.  At least Kagan has shown a willingness to learn.  She and Breyer do on occasion back the Constitution.

Butbutbut!  She's a "wise Latina!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ms. Sotomayor is the Chauncey Gardiner of the Supreme Court...

Offline mountaineer

Intellect is not what got her appointed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wise Latina? My bad, I thought it was WIDE Latina. At least my version was accurate. :pondering:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I still can't believe she actually graduated from Princeton and Yale.   **nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I still can't believe she actually graduated from Princeton and Yale.   **nononono*

O'Bastard wanted her on the SCOTUS because she was the Solicitor General who argued for O'BastardCare before the Court and he knew she would refuse to recuse.   That is her only purpose.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

O'Bastard wanted her on the SCOTUS because she was the Solicitor General who argued for O'BastardCare before the Court and he knew she would refuse to recuse.   That is her only purpose.

I remember Kagan was involved with creating obamcare.  She did not recuse, but voted YES on it.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sotomayor means in Spanish a leader who lives near a swamp.

How appropriate.

Look it up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Intellect is not what got her appointed.

So true.  It was her stunningly good looks and impeccable fashion sense that put her over the top.*

* of a gut barrel.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.