Author Topic: CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely [UPDATE: TERMINATED]  (Read 1408 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely [UPDATE: TERMINATED]
« on: November 30, 2021, 02:10:19 pm »
Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 29 Nov 2021

Chris Cuomo, host of CNN’s Cuomo Prime Time, used his media sources to dig up info on his brother, former Governor Andrew Cuomo’s, sexual harassment accusers, according to texts and interview transcripts recently revealed.

Text messages released by New York Attorney General Letitia James show Chris Cuomo had frequent contact with Melissa DeRosa, Andrew Cuomo’s top aide at the time.

In early March, the New York Times reported that the former governor tried kissing a woman, Anna Ruch, without her consent. Three days after this report, Chris Cuomo texted DeRosa, “I have a lead on the wedding girl.”

Other messages indicated Chris Cuomo’s willingness to help with his brother’s response and preparation on the sexual harassment allegations. “Please let me help with the prep,” Cuomo told DeRosa in one text.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/29/cnns-chris-cuomo-used-media-sources-to-dig-into-andrew-cuomos-accusers/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:37:15 pm by Mod2 »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely [UPDATE: TERMINATED]
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 03:47:32 pm »
November 30, 2021
Is Fredo Cuomo about to get whacked at CNN?
By Monica Showalter

Chris "Fredo" Cuomo is one of the pampered princes at CNN whose usefulness to the network was pretty much nil after his bigger brother, Andrew Cuomo, the governor of New York, went down in disgrace.

Now it comes to light that he was engaged in some despicable conflict-of-interest behavior that, as Rolling Stone noted, "would get any other journalist fired."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/is_fredo_cuomo_about_to_get_whacked_at_cnn.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 03:53:13 pm »
What did CNN know, and when did they know it?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:57:48 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 03:54:11 pm »
Wonder what Fredo would have to do to get canned?

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 12:34:57 am »
CNN suspends Chris Cuomo indefinitely
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 11/30/21 06:28 PM EST

CNN has suspended anchor Chris Cuomo indefinitely following new revelations about his involvement in the harassment case against his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D).

"The New York Attorney General’s office released transcripts and exhibits Monday that shed new light on Chris Cuomo’s involvement in his brother’s defense," CNN said in a statement to The Hill on Tuesday evening.

"The documents, which we were not privy to before their public release, raise serious questions. When Chris admitted to us that he had offered advice to his brother’s staff, he broke our rules and we acknowledged that publicly. But we also appreciated the unique position he was in and understood his need to put family first and job second," the network said. "However, these documents point to a greater level of involvement in his brother’s efforts than we previously knew. As a result, we have suspended Chris indefinitely, pending further evaluation."

The network said on Monday evening it would conduct a "thorough review" of documents made public by the New York attorney general's office as part of its investigation into the former governor, who resigned under pressure in August after state Attorney General Letitia James (D) detailed sexual harassment allegations against him from nearly a dozen women.

The documents show Chris Cuomo texting with former top aides to his brother, asking to be included in the planning of the former governor's crisis public relations campaign after the allegations were made.

In one text message exchange in March, Melissa DeRosa, one of the former governor's closest confidants, asked Chris Cuomo to "check with his sources" in the media about additional women coming forward against the governor.

"On it," he replied, according to the documents.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/583693-cnn-suspends-chris-cuomo-indefinitely
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 11:30:14 pm by Mod2 »
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 12:37:20 am »
Say it ain't so.  Fredo is protected.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 12:43:26 am »
What did CNN know and when did they know it?
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 02:32:38 pm »
'Meaningless': ABC Producer Who Accused Chris Cuomo of Sexual Harassment Responds to CNN Anchor's Suspension

Former ABC News producer Shelly Ross, who previously accused Chris Cuomo of sexually harassing her, said Tuesday that CNN's suspension of anchor Chris Cuomo was not sufficient enough to hold him accountable following revelations that he was more involved in his brother's defense regarding sexual harassment allegations than initially realized.

"There is more to accountability than a suspension," Ross told Fox News. "Chris Cuomo has always maintained he was not an adviser, he was a brother. He lied to CNN and his viewers. He needs to publicly acknowledge his wrongdoing to women, to victims of sexual harassment, assault and gender bias, to his colleagues, to the other journalists he compromised or tried to, and to the viewers he misled."

She slammed CNN over its statement announcing Cuomo was "indefinitely" suspended, saying the word was "meaningless" to the network.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/landonmion/2021/11/30/meaningless-abc-producer-who-accused-chris-cuomo-of-sexual-harassment-responds-to-cnn-anchors-suspension-n2599891
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 02:38:36 pm »
'Meaningless': ABC Producer Who Accused Chris Cuomo of Sexual Harassment Responds to CNN Anchor's Suspension

Former ABC News producer Shelly Ross, who previously accused Chris Cuomo of sexually harassing her, said Tuesday that CNN's suspension of anchor Chris Cuomo was not sufficient enough to hold him accountable following revelations that he was more involved in his brother's defense regarding sexual harassment allegations than initially realized.

"There is more to accountability than a suspension," Ross told Fox News. "Chris Cuomo has always maintained he was not an adviser, he was a brother. He lied to CNN and his viewers. He needs to publicly acknowledge his wrongdoing to women, to victims of sexual harassment, assault and gender bias, to his colleagues, to the other journalists he compromised or tried to, and to the viewers he misled."

She slammed CNN over its statement announcing Cuomo was "indefinitely" suspended, saying the word was "meaningless" to the network.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/landonmion/2021/11/30/meaningless-abc-producer-who-accused-chris-cuomo-of-sexual-harassment-responds-to-cnn-anchors-suspension-n2599891
Couldn't have happened to a nicer set of bungholes, but I can't help but wonder who it was they p*ssed off.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 02:44:05 pm »
What does "suspended" mean in this context?  Does it just mean that he doesn't get any airtime, or any assignments, and isn't allowed to show up to the office?  Or does it mean his pay and benefits get cut, too?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 10:39:56 pm »
Posted by Charlie Kirk Staff - 12.04.21
BREAKING: CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Fired

CNN prime time anchor Chris Cuomo has been fired from the network.

CNN released a statement on Saturday that confirmed the brother of former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo had been let go, and said there was more information it found during its investigation.

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother’s defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately,” the network said.

“While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light,” it said. “Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate.”

The statement made reference to “additional information [that] has come to light” during the investigation that was done by an outside law firm. ...
Charlie Kirk

That's a shame.  :laugh:
Breaking911
@Breaking911
BREAKING: CNN fires Chris Cuomo after it was revealed he used his "sources" to dig up dirt on the women accusing his brother, Andrew Cuomo, of sexual misconduct.
5:35 PM · Dec 4, 2021·
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 10:42:08 pm by mountaineer »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 10:45:16 pm »
Charlie Kirk

That's a shame.  :laugh:

What a sham.  I'd bet $50 that CNN knew all along but when he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, his CNN propagandist cut bait.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 11:03:12 pm »
Fredo Cuomo : It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 11:05:31 pm »
Fredo speaks:
Christopher C. Cuomo
@ChrisCuomo
·
27m

5:37 PM · Dec 4, 2021

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2021, 11:09:07 pm »
Fredo speaks:

Wow, not only admitting illegality, but admitting motive and pride in the dirty deed.

This level of arrogance is pretty rare.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2021, 11:11:11 pm »
Wow, not only admitting illegality, but admitting motive and pride in the dirty deed.

This level of arrogance is pretty rare.

Alex Baldwin comes to mind.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 11:28:43 pm »
Chris Cuomo terminated by CNN over efforts to help brother

CNN confirmed on Saturday that it had terminated network anchor Chris Cuomo following documents newly revealed earlier this week that indicated that he had played a larger role than previously known in assisting his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), during his sexual harassment scandal.

“Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense,” CNN said in a statement.

“We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately. While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light. Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate,” the network added.

In a statement posted on Twitter, the former anchor said, "This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/584368-chris-cuomo-terminated-by-cnn-over-efforts-to-help-brother
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 02:38:10 am »
CNN fires Chris Cuomo
CNN, Dec 4, 2021, Brian Stelter

New York (CNN)CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately."

The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review information about exactly how Cuomo aided his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, when the then-governor was accused of sexual harassment.

CNN said in a statement: "Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately."

"While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light," CNN's statement added. "Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate."

In a statement of his own Saturday, Chris Cuomo said, "This is not how I want my time at CNN to end but I have already told you why and how I helped my brother. So let me now say as disappointing as this is, I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN's #1 show in the most competitive time slot. I owe them all and will miss that group of special people who did really important work."

While the contours of Chris Cuomo's involvement with the governor's office were reported several months ago, the specifics were detailed in a massive document dump on Monday. The documents -- released by New York Attorney General Letitia James after an investigation into the governor -- showed that Chris Cuomo, while working as one of CNN's top anchors, was also effectively working as an unpaid aide to the governor.

More:  https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/04/media/cnn-fires-chris-cuomo/index.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 02:39:48 am »

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2021, 03:42:24 am »
Andrew Cuomo: "I've always taken care of you, Fredo."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2021, 04:56:57 am »
Hello MSNBC.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2021, 05:02:18 am »
CNN said in a statement: "Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense."

By "new information that came to light", they mean information they already knew but were hoping to keep it under wraps.

Chris Cuomo said, " .  .  .  I could not be more proud of the team at Cuomo Prime Time and the work we did as CNN's #1 show in the most competitive time slot.

Idiot.  Your show was the only CNN show in that time slot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2021, 02:41:41 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2021, 12:02:09 am »
Chris Cuomo, like Andrew, was fired for the wrong misdeeds
By Batya Ungar-Sargon   
December 5, 2021 6:25pm
CNN fired its star anchor, Chris Cuomo, after first suspending him following revelations he used his journalistic clout to try to blunt sexual-misconduct allegations against his brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo. CNN’s statement alluded to “additional information” that had “come to light,” which turned out to be an anonymous allegation of sexual misconduct against Chris himself from his time at ABC.

Sexual misconduct is a serious matter. And Chris was unethical in using his media network to track accusers and even dig up dirt on them.

But it does nothing to minimize those allegations to say that both brothers engaged in something much worse — and have gotten a free pass from the press.

Long before the sexual-misconduct allegations, back when he had gotten a $5 million book deal and an Emmy “in recognition of his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic,” the governor was signing the death warrants of tens of thousands of the most vulnerable New Yorkers — and then worked hard to cover it up.  ...

And just as Andrew Cuomo’s downfall came ultimately for sexual misconduct, not the deaths of seniors and the disabled, his brother Chris’ downfall was the result of acquiring his own accuser, rather than failing to cover the nursing-home scandal, an insider told The Post.

It would be one thing if Chris had simply avoided reporting his brother’s COVID misdeeds. But he had Andrew on his show for hammy segments full of familial banter and props. Families getting the news their mothers had died were treated to TV segments featuring the brothers fighting over who their mother loves more. And far from a bug, that coziness was a feature at the network, sanctioned at the highest level. “You get trust from authenticity and relatability and vulnerability,” CNN President Jeff Zucker told The New York Times in April 2020, while the edict was still in place. “That’s what the brothers Cuomo are giving us right now.”

Even the evidence that Chris used media sources to help his brother track his accusers only got him suspended. It seems it took an allegation of years-old sexual misconduct at another network to turn his suspension into a firing.  ...
Full story at NY Post