Author Topic: Ted Cruz: Voter Fraud Has Been Persistent From The Very First Election That Has Ever Occurred  (Read 121 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Real Clear Politics by Tim Hains 11/21/2021

Ted Cruz: Voter Fraud Has Been Persistent From The Very First Election That Has Ever Occurred

During an interview on CBS's "Face The Nation," Sen. Ted Cruz responded to claims about him in Jon Karl's new book on the Trump-Biden transition, Betrayal, and makes the case for why allegations of voter fraud should be taken seriously.

----

SEN. CRUZ: You look at 1876 and the election of 1876, there was a contested election. There were serious allegations of election fraud, and what Congress did in 1876 is it appointed an electoral commission, it consisted of five members of the Senate, five members of the House, five Supreme Court Justices.

MARGARET BRENNAN: You know that what you're laying out is an intellectualized argument here is not what people gathered and chanting things like "[hang] Mike Pence" were talking about. You know that?

SEN. CRUZ: Look, I think the violence that happened on that day was horrific. I think any acts of violence, regardless of your political orientation, if you're right wing, left wing or you have no ideology at all, if you commit an act of violence, if you assault a police officer, if you're violent against anyone, you should be prosecuted and go to jail. And that's what the law is. And so, I absolutely condemned acts of violence. But what? What are the inspiration for the 11 senators in a constitution- in a constitutional option, which I think would have been much better for our democracy because we right now have a substantial chunk of our country that has real doubts about the integrity of the election. And if we had had a credible electoral commission do an emergency audit, it would have enhanced faith in democracy. But instead, Democrats and a lot of the press decided to just engage in incendiary rhetoric rather than acknowledge voter fraud is real. It is a problem and one of the allegations of voter fraud needed to be examined on the merits.

MARGARET BRENNAN: OK, senator. There is no evidence of fraud that would have really drawn the outcome of the election into doubt. You know that. I want to ask you about 2024 and a race. I want to ask you, are you--

SEN. CRUZ: Voter fraud has been persistent from the very first election that has ever occurred.

More: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/21/ted_cruz_voter_fraud_has_been_persistent_from_the_very_first_election_that_has_ever_occurred.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 01:41:58 am by Elderberry »

Offline skeeter

@Elderberry the provided link isn't to the article.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/21/ted_cruz_voter_fraud_has_been_persistent_from_the_very_first_election_that_has_ever_occurred.html

I'm sorry Ted didn't slam dunk Margaret's attempt to have the last word re: Nov 2020. There is plenty of evidence. I think Senator Cruz knows that and if given the opportunity would've said so.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 10:27:54 pm by skeeter »