Author Topic: Houston Astroworld: at least 8 dead after 'panic' at music festival Breaking!  (Read 918 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Seventeen people were transported to the hospital after the crush, and 11 who were taken by ambulance were in cardiac arrest, Houston officials said.

Nov. 6, 2021, 3:00 AM EDT
At least eight people are dead after a crowd surge during the sold-out Astroworld music festival in Houston on Friday, the city's fire chief said.

Seventeen people were transported to the hospital after the crush, and 11 who were taken by ambulance were in cardiac arrest, Houston officials said. In all, more than 300 people were treated throughout the event Friday at an on-site field hospital.

Around 9:15 p.m. local time (10:15 p.m. ET) "the crowd began to compress toward the front of the stage," Fire Chief Samuel Peña said at a news conference early Saturday.

"That caused some panic, and it started causing some injuries, people began to fall out, become unconscious, and it created additional panic," the fire chief said.

Houston Police Department's Executive Assistant Chief Larry Satterwhite, who was near the front, said the situation developed quickly.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-dead-after-panic-houston-astroworld-music-festival-n1283397
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
8 dead, hundreds injured at Astroworld fest Friday night, hours after stampede
Festival canceled as investigators work to find out what happened

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Eight people died Friday night and hundreds of others were injured during the opening night of a popular weekend music festival at NRG Park, authorities said.

It happened at the third-annual Astroworld Festival, a sold-out concert event featuring multiple acts.

The worst of the incident began around 9:15 p.m. when the crowd of approximately 50,000 concert-goers began to move toward the front of the stage, according to Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña.
I

https://abc13.com/astroworld-festival-canceled-deaths-fatal-texas-concert/11203827/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Breaking news story….

On multiple news wires….

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 At least 8 dead in ‘mass casualty event’ at Travis Scott Astroworld concert
By Patrick Reilly and
Jesse O’Neill   
November 6, 2021 3:10am

At least eight people died and scores more were injured when chaos, including a crowd crush, broke out during opening night of rapper Travis Scott’s Astroworld music festival in Texas Friday, authorities said.

A mass of concertgoers at Houston’s NRG Park “began to compress” to the front of the stage at around 9:15 p.m., causing mayhem and some people to get hurt, Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña told reporters early Saturday.

“People started to fall out, become unconscious and it created additional panic,” Peña said during a press conference.

At around 9:38 p.m. Peña said a “mass casualty incident” was triggered as the number of victims grew and emergency responders became overwhelmed.

At least 23 people were rushed to a hospital, including a 10-year-old, authorities said. Of those hospitalized, 11 were in cardiac arrest. Some 300 people were treated at a field hospital on the scene.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/11/06/travis-scott-astroworld-festival-leaves-at-least-8-dead/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I was once in one of those crowd 'compression' situations. Its pretty terrifying.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I was once in one of those crowd 'compression' situations. Its pretty terrifying.

Same here in the mid '70's.  Getting close to stage back then was risky. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

Cal Jam 2 in 1978... The crush was at the entry gate the night before... Somebody would scream the gate opened and the mile+ line would move forward with no where to go in the front. I was in the front less than 75' from the gate. The gate/barriers collapsed (8' chain linked fences and a wall of dumpsters) and a massive wave of people ran onto the stage field... No tickets checked, at least not for the first several thousand people... At least 300,000+ people attended... Was about 50' from the center of the stage...

The craziest thing I've ever been to...

Picture at link:
https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/03/17/in-1978-california-jam-2-and-300000-fans-rocked-ontario/

Offline skeeter

Cal Jam 2 in 1978... The crush was at the entry gate the night before... Somebody would scream the gate opened and the mile+ line would move forward with no where to go in the front. I was in the front less than 75' from the gate. The gate/barriers collapsed (8' chain linked fences and a wall of dumpsters) and a massive wave of people ran onto the stage field... No tickets checked, at least not for the first several thousand people... At least 300,000+ people attended... Was about 50' from the center of the stage...

The craziest thing I've ever been to...

Picture at link:
https://www.dailybulletin.com/2018/03/17/in-1978-california-jam-2-and-300000-fans-rocked-ontario/
Mine was a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum in 76. Same situation - the guys with the keys approached the front gate and thousands of people on the other side pressed forward. People screaming, passing out. One thing I clearly remember was getting carried along over purses and shoes on the ground - no way on earth to bend down to pick them up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It appears to have been a hip-hop rappers' delight Festival.

Rap music kills.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Mine was a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum in 76. Same situation - the guys with the keys approached the front gate and thousands of people on the other side pressed forward. People screaming, passing out. One thing I clearly remember was getting carried along over purses and shoes on the ground - no way on earth to bend down to pick them up.

Yep. Was moving without walking... Just lift you feet a little up and down to prevent getting dragged... Could feel things under my shoes passing by but couldn't see my feet at all to see what any of it was. The only deaths were drug related I believe so at least no one got seriously injured from the stampede...

Offline skeeter

Rap music kills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Yep. Was moving without walking... Just lift you feet a little up and down to prevent getting dragged... Could feel things under my shoes passing by but couldn't see my feet at all to see what any of it was. The only deaths were drug related I believe so at least no one got seriously injured from the stampede...

Mine was at a relatively small venue  at a Kiss concert in what was about 1979.  I was maybe 3 or 4 rows back standing from the stage, and the rush of people crowding forward got ugly pretty quickly.  I was pretty well built and strong then, but could still feel the constriction around my ribs, and was having trouble breathing.  Two smaller young ladies weren't so lucky and passed out.  Things were brought to order by police, and the ladies taken away by paramedics. Saw nothing in the news about it, but of course this was a muncipal venue, and I am sure they didn't want the adverse publicity.

Offline skeeter

The beginning of the end of music as we know it.

Maybe the end, but not the beginning of the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybHi0p_Fq0

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Rap music kills.
So did The Who in Cincinnati in 1979. So did a soccer game in Hillsborough in 1989.

Travis Scott sucks as a musician, but this is a problem spanning back decades. I'm not going to blame him for this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKTUAESacQM

The exact song I was thinking of!  the extended Disco Bersion no less!

Don McClean was wrong...music didn't die with Buddy Holly, it died with the Sugar Hill Gang.  After that came the crappy 80's music.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So did The Who in Cincinnati in 1979. So did a soccer game in Hillsborough in 1989.

Travis Scott sucks as a musician, but this is a problem spanning back decades. I'm not going to blame him for this.

There was a bit of sarcasm there...if these had been gunfire deaths, then it would be a definite hip-hop angle to this story, and this is not that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

The exact song I was thinking of!  the extended Disco Bersion no less!

Don McClean was wrong...music didn't die with Buddy Holly, it died with the Sugar Hill Gang.  After that came the crappy 80's music.
Well Bootsy Collins did warn us about faking the funk.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Astroworld Security Pricked in Neck ... W/ Needle, Says Houston PD
TMZ, Nov 6, 2021

1:48 PM PT -- The Houston PD's Chief, Troy Finner, just confirmed what we'd been told ... namely, that at least one person had been injected with something via needle -- and there well may have been more.

Chief Finner said a security guard working the event felt a pr*ck in his neck by an unknown assailant while he was trying to restrain a citizen -- and he quickly fell unconscious. Finner says the guard was revived by use of NARCAN ... and that medical personnel did, indeed, see something on his neck that indicated he'd been stabbed with a syringe.

Finner also said some people had been trampled, so it appears there was a mix of reasons why people were injured/passing out ... and perhaps why some died. The total number of people who've passed away remains at 8, and autopsies are underway to determine the causes of death for each.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/06/travis-scott-astroworld-concert-stampede-dead-drake/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:29:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LegalAmerican

Rap music kills.

:bingo:

That does this mean below?  GUN SHOTS? 

Peña said a “mass casualty incident” was triggered as the number of victims grew and emergency responders became overwhelmed.=ARTICLE

Oh, mass needle shooting event?  FENTANYL in a syringe?   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 02:32:06 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:bingo:

That does this mean below?  GUN SHOTS? 

Peña said a “mass casualty incident” was triggered as the number of victims grew and emergency responders became overwhelmed.=ARTICLE

Oh, mass needle shooting event?  FENTANYL in a syringe?
What I was wondering, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
What I was wondering, too.

Saw a tweet yesterday that mentioned that the majority of vicitms were in cardiac arrest in route to hospital. Obviously, not a MD, but  I wouldn't think that would be a typical symptom condition of a crushing event.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Astroworld festival: Houston ICU nurse describes deadly concert: 'It was madness'

In a chilling account, nurse Madeline Eskins says she thought she was going to die before she passed out as the crowd rushed the stage

A Houston nurse who attended the deadly Astroworld concert on Friday said in an interview Saturday that she was "disturbed" by what happened at the show.

"Nothing could have prepared me for what I saw," Madeline Eskins told FOX 26 Houston, noting that she works in a hospital's intensive-care unit, where she's accustomed to "seeing people die every week."

"It was absolutely insane," she said of the disaster. "I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I am disturbed."

A crowd surge at rapper Travis Scott’s annual festival in his native Houston left at least eight people dead. Eskers said she attended the same event in 2018 and 2019 and the crowd usually moves forward in excitement but this year was different.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/astroworld-festival-houston-icu-nurse-deadly-concert-terrifying-madness
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong @ stillgray.substack.com
@stillgray
The media seems more interested in carrying water for Travis Scott and Astroworld organizers than holding them accountable for all the crushed people. Instead we get unverified rumors about a deranged needle jabber. The conspiracy is to clear the organizers of any wrongdoing.
1:47 AM · Nov 7, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org