Author Topic: 'This is the Duchess of Sussex': Meghan Markle is now cold calling Republican Senators on their priv  (Read 462 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'This is the Duchess of Sussex': Meghan Markle is now cold calling Republican Senators on their private numbers and using her royal title to lobby for paid paternity leave: Wants to be part of a 'working group' to formulate policy

The Duchess of Sussex was encouraged to pick up the phone by Kristen Gillibrand, senator for New York and an advocate for paid parental leave
    Gillibrand has confirmed that she gave Markle the private phone numbers of Senator Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, and Senator Shelley Moore Capito, a Republican representing West Virginia
    Both women told Politico they were shocked at being called by Markle out of the blue, noting that she used her royal title to lobby for change
    Gillibrand added that Markle now wants to be on a 'working group' that is pushing to get legislation passed
    The move is the latest in a flurry of political activism from the Los Angeles-born duchess

By Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 01:00 EDT, 4 November 2021 | Updated: 06:16 EDT, 4 November 2021

Meghan Markle has called two Republican senators on their private numbers and used her royal title to urge them to vote in favor of paid parental leave, it emerged on Wednesday - shocking the politicians with her latest foray into political activism.

The move is just the beginning for the Los Angeles-born mother of two, as she is now hoping to be part of 'a working group to work on paid leave long term,' according to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

She called Republican Sens. Susan Collins from Maine and Shelley Moore Capito from West Virginia, both of whom said they were shocked that Markle called out of the blue and noted that she even used her royal title to lobby for the cause.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10163679/Meghan-Markle-called-two-senators-lobby-vote-favor-paid-parental-leave.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Markle has money.  Why doesn't she offer paid maternity leave for her own employees?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I'm not exactly sure how, but it seems illegal for a person with her title to be lobbying US politicians.

Online LMAO

Markle has money.  Why doesn't she offer paid maternity leave for her own employees?

Because it’s cheaper for her to use your money
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Is she a American Citizen?
Has she registered as a lobbyist?
Is the fraudlently representing the Crown?
Is any money changing hands?
Who is she truly representing?
Has or is any of her investible portfolio impacted by this legislation.

IMO that is about 6 enough questions to raise red flags  to deport this bitch.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

She really is quite a dimbulb.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Miz Meghan, a civics lesson, since you are camping on this side of the pond. From the COnstitution of the United States:

Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

You see, we notably rebelled against such things as Dukes and Dutchesses and Royalty in general.

Your title and ten bucks might get you a latte at Starbucks, but outside of official diplomacy, it has no weight here, and if you retain it, you have no say in how we conduct our affairs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Who gave her the senators' private phone numbers?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm not exactly sure how, but it seems illegal for a person with her title to be lobbying US politicians.

I thought she wasn't allowed to use that title, since she and her cuck husband renounced the titles?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I thought she wasn't allowed to use that title, since she and her cuck husband renounced the titles?

Didn't you get the memo?  His tiltle was changed to the Duke of Pusswhippery.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

That's what I want to know..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Gillibrand.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Does Meghan have a history of solicitation?

Both types.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Didn't you get the memo?  His tiltle was changed to the Duke of Pusswhippery.

I that it was Duke of twatwaffle?

That old SNL skit really is appropriate for todays American "Royals"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Gillibrand.

Any idea what her private phone number is?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

I want Meghan's private number. Then I'll call and say, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Well, let him out! *click*"

Offline Hoodat

I want Meghan's private number. Then I'll call and say, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Well, let him out! *click*"

That would be PRICELESS!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sen. Gillbrand

Offline mountaineer

Perhaps some gutsy senator will move to censure Gillibrand.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She really is quite a dimbulb.
You forget she is a Royal now(are they, didn't they overly piss off the Queen) she is not just quite the dimbulb, she is an exceptionally dimbulb.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Is your refrigerator running? Well, you'd better go catch it!"

Or of course... the adventures of one Mr. McBain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFb5jp_i5hE
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why is Meghan's mother-in law like a mobile phone?

They both die in tunnels!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dancer

ROFLMAO!  I'd nearly forgotten the Prince Albert in a can calls.   :silly:

Offline mountaineer

...  “I’m in my car. I’m driving. It says, ‘Caller ID blocked,’” Republican Sen. Shelley Moore Capito told Politico. “Honestly … I thought it was Sen. [Joe] Manchin. His calls come in blocked. And she goes, ‘Sen. Capito?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ She said, ‘This is Meghan, the duchess of Sussex.’”

Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, also received the royal call unexpectedly.

Collins noted Markle's use of her royal title in her self-introduction, saying, “Much to my surprise, [Markle] called me on my private line, and she introduced herself as the duchess of Sussex, which is kind of ironic.”

However, the senator said she was less than swayed by the duchess's intervention.

“I was happy to talk with her," Collins added. "But I’m more interested in what the people of Maine are telling me about it.“

The two female senators' personal phone numbers were handed to the duchess by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a Democrat from New York. Gillibrand said she was supportive of Meghan's campaign and expects her to become a leading voice in the fight for parental leave in the U.S.  ...
Washington Examiner

Offline Hoodat

Collins noted Markle's use of her royal title in her self-introduction, saying, “Much to my surprise, [Markle] called me on my private line, and she introduced herself as the duchess of Sussex, which is kind of ironic.”

However, the senator said she was less than swayed by the duchess's intervention.

“I was happy to talk with her," Collins added. "But I’m more interested in what the people of Maine are telling me about it.“

Looks like the Dems just lost Susan Collins.  Thank you, Megan.  And thank you, Sen. Gillibrand.