Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday  (Read 21901 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Jury Selected – Trial Begins Tuesday
« Reply #1350 on: November 20, 2021, 05:23:34 pm »

« Reply #1351 on: November 20, 2021, 05:32:21 pm »
Donald Trump Jr.
@DonaldJTrumpJr

Have a great weekend folks.

7:05 AM · Nov 20, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1352 on: November 20, 2021, 05:33:04 pm »
Only the ones carrying and using weapons on people who get in their way, Rebrun Charlatan.
Well, part of the problem in all this, is simply the way the Left is framing their narrative.

Those shot were "protesters", instead of "Attackers"

(Because if you call Kyle's attackers "attackers", the whole idea of defending your person (or life) suddenly snaps into crystal clear focus.)

Racism, yadda, yadda, yadda...

(even though none of those shot or deceased attackers were anything other than "White", he's white, so if he shot them, he's a "racist"--which just goes to show how meaningless that dog whistle has become.)

White supremacy, yadda, yadda, yadda... More of the same, as above. He wasn't being "supreme" to anyone, in a racial context, he was fighting to keep from being profoundly injured or killed. More leftist dog whistling.

What these people don't get, especially after a year of being pretty much immune to prosecution in some jurisdictions for their escapades of looting, burning, and general violence (AKA: "mostly peaceful protesting), is that their actions just might have consequences. Life in Leftist fantasy world doesn't allow for the victims of those doing looting, burning and attacking to suffer consequences of their actions. After all Leftism takes a heavy dose of denial of reality to buy into, and most playing that game have doubled down in an intellectual sense so long and hard that they have achieved some sort of mental dimension shift, especially in the no-dissent-allowed echo-chambers they have defined as reality.

Then along comes someone like Kyle, or the Sgt. Perry case in Austin (still unresolved,  https://en-volve.com/2021/07/02/texas-soldier-who-shot-ak-47-toting-blm-rioter-in-self-defense-now-charged-with-murder-by-soros-funded-d-a/ ), and makes the point that you can't just go pointing guns at people or attacking them in the real world without  expecting them to defend themselves.

Out in the Middle Class Blue Collar world, these "protesters" aren't dealing with a bunch of latte drinking college soybois who are confused about their gender and sweating their pronouns, they are confronting people who have few illusions and will fight back.

So, I imagine, in the urbane and erudite elitist bubble the MSM people have traveled in, the sudden dispersal of that insulating film of misconceptions they have lived within comes as quite a shock.

No wonder they rail as the bubble they have blown shreds from the pinpricks of reality.

Those of us out here in America just call it "reality".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1353 on: November 20, 2021, 05:35:29 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1354 on: November 20, 2021, 05:37:11 pm »
An important case, all the moreso for the time it falls into the country's history.

Young Mr. Rittenhouse has emerged from this ordeal as a modern-day American hero for the traditional-minded folk. He conducted himself well on that fateful night.

Part of the credit for his victory in the trial goes to the judge. I believe the judge was quoted early on as saying (to wit) "I don't care who wins" (very loose quote). But his rulings seem to have betrayed his sympathy for Kyle. I doubt he would have received such support from the bench from almost any other jurist who might have drawn the case.

Not sure what's next for young Kyle. Of course, he should find a good legal team and go after those in the media who attacked him (as did Nick Sandmann). I reckon he stands a good chance of winning several of these cases in court, too.

Having said that, perhaps Kyle should otherwise lay low for a while. He might even consider relocating from his current residence (Illinois, right?) to "more sympathetic territory". Texas, Wyoming or Northern Idaho might be good choices.

Fearless prediction:
We're gonna see more people "fight back".
We may see more overt attacks from the leftists/antifa/communists, as well.

I'll go so far to predict that within the next year we're going to see one or more pitched battles between armed leftists and folks on the right who aren't afraid to take them on.

I hope not only their aims but their judgements are as true as was that of Mr. Rittenhouse...
I am not sure it is sympathy for Kyle, so much as the entire concept of self-defense, especially in times of Civil Unrest.  Young Mr. Rittenhouse just provided a textbook example thereof, and the jury ruled correctly.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1355 on: November 20, 2021, 05:39:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

The only thing that scares Sharpie is the possibility of not being able to get HIS snout into the national treasury.

He fears nothing more than he fears an end to racial hatred. That's why he and his co-conspirator do their level best to insure there is no peace between the races in the US.
Notice, too, that he is describing agents provocateur, the very tactic that turned 1/6 from a street protest into an "insurrection".

The Left always accuses of that which they, themselves, are doing.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1356 on: November 20, 2021, 05:43:39 pm »
It would be a beautiful thing if armed citizens stood at each street corner to protect their town en mass. That would be the end of Antifa and BLM riots.
That happened in towns in Western ND, where the protesters could protest, but did not go beyond being verbal.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1357 on: November 20, 2021, 05:48:10 pm »
Don't forget this is the same slime ALCU who are representing illegals to get their $450K checks, while ignoring all the J6 protesters who are rotting in DC jails without charges.  Ideology has trumped any level of true meaning of "civil liberties".  Legal thugs IMO.
Where was the ACLU when the police actually steered conflicting protest groups into each other in Charlottesville VA?

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1358 on: November 20, 2021, 05:52:05 pm »
Thought that too.  I always thought the summer of 2020 was a highly cooridinated, high level planned event to destroy Trump. 
Too bad we can't connect the dots.
Yep, between COVID and riots, there was a lot of 'crisis' going on...

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1359 on: November 20, 2021, 05:52:27 pm »
Yes, it is!  @DCPatriot

Welcome to TBR @Doug1943    :beer:

:yowsa: Welcome aboard @Doug1943!

We all must remember that most of those "protesters" are nothing of the sort. They are paid actors being directed by people who have no wish to debate anyone about anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1360 on: November 20, 2021, 05:56:51 pm »
I hope Rittenhouse sues the crap out of the various networks, celebrities, athletes, tweeters and politicians who called him a murderer, a racist, a white supremacist or otherwise defamed him.
I hope he's getting the screenshots befoe they all go down the memory hole...

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #1361 on: November 20, 2021, 06:43:17 pm »
When you win a battle, you must follow up. Meade may have been able to end the Civil War after Pickett's Charge was repelled at Gettysburg, but he allowed Lee to retreat in good order. A better general would not have done that.

It is a mistake we must not make.

There are people now -- not on the Right but not hard-core 'Progressives' either -- who only vaguely followed this case through the Mainstream Media ... they believed that Rittenhouse was a 'white supremacist' (well, didn't Mr Biden say so?), who drove a long distance to a strange town in order to kill peaceful protestors, which he did after deliberately provoking them.

The videos shown during the trial proved that all that was a lie. This kid was practically a saint, and the people he defended himself against were human garbage, even by the standards of the Left -- George Floyd even looks good compared to the one who liked to rape little boys.

(If I were making a patriotic movie about a case like this -- before it happened -- and someone submitted a script with such black-and-white Good Patriots and Evil Progressives, I would send it back and ask them to make it more realistic ... give our hero some faults, put an innocent idealistic dupe among the people who were  killed, a pretty college girl or someone like that. In Kenosha, life imitated bad art!)

The hard core enemy, of course, cares nothing for truth, so they are still repeating the same lies. But some people have had their eyes opened here.  We have a chance to drive a wedge between honest liberals and center folk, on the one hand, and the hard-core Progressive/communist enemy on the other.

We ought to talk about how to do this. It's all very well talking to each other -- and chortling over the victory in Kenosha.  (I haven't been this high since I ate too many brownies with some funny herb in them when I was staying with hippies in Bezerkeley fifty years ago.)

But we need to follow up the victory -- and reach out to our left, to the middle, to draw them away from the MSM and the other institutions of the Globalist Hardcore Left.

One idea: wherever we can, let's challenge local hardcore Leftists to a debate on the Kenosha Verdict. Either they accept, and get thrashed ... or they refuse, and look like they don't believe what they're saying. Such a challenge, and the outcome, should be publicized widely. Do this wherever we have a patriotic group.  (And why don't we have them everywhere -- if we're not organized, we'll lose.)

Other ideas?  Maybe a leaflet with the facts of the case, which we can leave about in public places? Letters to the editor of local papers?

We have had a successful defense against an enemy attack. He is now retreating, in disarray, demoralized.  If we just sit and gloat, within a few weeks, this will all be forgotten. We need to get up out of the trenches and attack.
I like your thinking.  Obvious other idea is to boycott any advertiser on those media outlets.

But the enemy is not in disarray and demoralized.  They do not do that.  They do not retreat.
Instead, right after the verdict was read a House Committee announced it is requesting the federal government to look into federal charges against the boy.  They anticipated the ruling and have their game plan already started in Phase 2.

BTW, welcome to TBR @Doug1943
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1362 on: November 20, 2021, 06:50:54 pm »
I like your thinking.  Obvious other idea is to boycott any advertiser on those media outlets.

But the enemy is not in disarray and demoralized.  They do not do that.  They do not retreat.
Instead, right after the verdict was read a House Committee announced it is requesting the federal government to look into federal charges against the boy.  They anticipated the ruling and have their game plan already started in Phase 2.

BTW, welcome to TBR @Doug1943
Which just shows how damned far the House is off the rails.

Haven't those stinking Leftists ever heard of Double Jeopardy?

This isn't an election where they can just keep counting votes until they like the outcome.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1363 on: November 20, 2021, 07:06:00 pm »
Can Kyle Rittenhouse face federal charges?

https://www.fox13news.com/news/can-kyle-rittenhouse-face-federal-charges-house-judiciary-chairman-calls-for-doj-review

In order for Rittenhouse to face federal charges, there are several complicated factors that could make it unlikely for federal prosecutors to pursue a case.

For most homicide cases, federal law typically only applies in crimes that specifically violate federal law. According to Shouse Law Group, a criminal justice team in Los Angeles, the crime of murder "is prosecuted in state courts as a state crime. But murder becomes a federal crime when it occurs in violation of federal law, or when it takes place on a federal land or territory."

Shouse Law Group writes, "The federal crime of murder is defined as the ‘unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.’ In general, there are seven scenarios when an unlawful killing violates the laws of the federal government."

According to the law group, these include when:

•   the murder is of a federal judge or a federal law enforcement official

•   the killing is of an immediate family member of a federal law enforcement official

•   the murder is of an elected or appointed federal official

•   the killing is committed during a bank robbery

•   the killing takes place aboard a ship at sea that is engaged in interstate commerce per the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution

•   the murder was designed to influence a court case

•   the killing takes place on federal property

Rittenhouse was not accused of a hate crime and because he is not a member of law enforcement, he cannot be charged with depriving anyone of their civil rights as a federal agent.

Rittenhouse was also not accused of a robbery on federal property or involving a federal business.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1364 on: November 20, 2021, 07:25:03 pm »
Where was the ACLU when the police actually steered conflicting protest groups into each other in Charlottesville VA?

Intentionally trapping one group in a barricaded area with but one route of escape - through a line of armed antifa thugs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1365 on: November 21, 2021, 02:07:20 am »

Now THAT is a BEAUTIFUL PIC! All that anguish on that mama's face transformed to a joyous smile! pic.twitter.com/NtIOROqd8g— Lyantana (@JohnsonBragg) November 20, 2021

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1366 on: November 21, 2021, 02:29:10 am »

https://www.fox13news.com/news/can-kyle-rittenhouse-face-federal-charges-house-judiciary-chairman-calls-for-doj-review
The feds seem to think they can go after anyone for anything.  I sincerely hope they don't try to go after him, but I think they will.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1367 on: November 21, 2021, 02:31:12 am »

Now THAT is a BEAUTIFUL PIC! All that anguish on that mama's face transformed to a joyous smile! pic.twitter.com/NtIOROqd8g— Lyantana (@JohnsonBragg) November 20, 2021

He and his family certainly need our prayers.  Kyle did kill 2 people and injure 1.  This is going to be tough to live with, justified or not.  They had a snippet of an interview with him on Tucker's show, where Kyle mentioned he had nightmares nightly. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1368 on: November 21, 2021, 03:55:49 am »
The feds seem to think they can go after anyone for anything.  I sincerely hope they don't try to go after him, but I think they will.
i can see the DOJ going after him, just like they did with the L.A. cops when they didn't like them being acquitted over Rodney King and went after them for violating Kings civil rights. The FBI and DOJ are total corrupt thug arms of the democrat party and do nothing to protect and serve justice for the American people.

Online DB

« Reply #1369 on: November 21, 2021, 05:06:35 am »
I don't think the supreme court will allow a second bite at the apple on this regardless of what the DOJ wants to try to do.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1370 on: November 21, 2021, 06:55:12 pm »
Tiffany Cross Offers Her Bank Account for Rittenhouse Lawsuit Draining

DUmmie FUnnies

And we have yet another liberal who has graciously offered up her bank account for draining by the inevitable Kyle Rittenhouse lawsuit. The name of the future bank account drainee is Tiffany Cross of MSNBC News who has provided ample evidence  for her civil suit plaintiff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XylxcB4ZWio

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1371 on: November 21, 2021, 07:05:05 pm »
Tiffany Cross Offers Her Bank Account for Rittenhouse Lawsuit Draining

Personally, I am sick and tired of these couillons judging me because of my skin color.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1372 on: November 23, 2021, 01:21:35 am »
Illinois county Democrat loses social media manager job over Waukesha, Rittenhouse tweets
By Monique Beals - 11/22/21 07:29 PM EST

A social media manager for the Democratic Party in DuPage County in Illinois was removed from the job for tweets comparing the driver of an SUV that barreled through a Christmas parade in Wisconsin to Kyle Rittenhouse.

“It was probably just self-defense #Wisconsin #Kyle Rittenhouse,” Mary Lemanski tweeted of Sunday's violence in Waukesha that killed five people and injured more than 40 others, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Her tweet was a nod to 18-year-old Rittenhouse's acquittal for all the charges he faced after he fatally shot two people and injured another during protests last summer in Kenosha, Wis., just more than 50 miles from Waukesha.

"I’m sad. I’m sad anytime anyone dies. I just believe in Karma and this came around quick on the citizens of Wisconsin," Lemanski said in another tweet, per the Tribune.

Ken Mejia-Beal, chairman of the DuPage Democratic Party, said in a statement on Twitter that the party "immediately severed all ties" with Lemanski upon finding out about her "callous and reprehensible posts."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/582734-illinois-county-democratic-party-social-media-manager-loses-job-over
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 02:44:06 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1373 on: November 23, 2021, 03:10:07 am »
Rittenhouse Goes After Former Attorneys Lin Wood and John Pierce, Says They Raised Money ‘For Their Own Benefit, Not Trying to Set Me Free’

By Michael LucianoNov 22nd, 2021, 9:03 pm

During his interview with Tucker Carlson that aired on Monday, Kyle Rittenhouse discussed the time he spent in a juvenile detention center last year after he fatally shot two people and wounded another in Kenosha, Wisconsin. His attorneys argued he acted in self-defense. Rittenhouse was acquitted on all charges last week.

“How long were you there?” asked the Fox News host.

“I was in jail for 87 days,” Rittenhouse responded, before taking aim at Lin Wood and John Pierce, who had originally represented him. “Lin Wood was raising money on my behalf, and he held me in jail for 87 days, disrespecting my wishes, put me on media interviews which I should never have done, which he said, ‘Oh, you’re going to go talk to The Washington Post,’ which was not a good idea, along with John Pierce. They said I was safer in jail instead of at home with my family.”

“Your lawyer said that?” Carlson asked.

“My lawyers said that,” Rittenhouse replied. “John Pierce and Lin Wood.”

“Eighty-seven days is a long time to be in jail,” said Carlson.

“It was very long,” said the 18-year-old. “I lost a lot of weight in there.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/kyle-rittenhouse-on-lin-wood-john-pierce/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #1374 on: November 23, 2021, 04:14:06 am »
Here's the interview.  Can't guarantee Fox will keep this on YouTube .....

https://youtu.be/do7sbWaZstQ