Author Topic: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set  (Read 18675 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2021, 09:15:57 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1451649378540822536
Unless the shot called for Baldwin to point the gun directly at the camera I can't imagine this account being true.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2021, 09:31:41 pm »
Alec Baldwin family spotted packing up following deadly movie set shooting
Baldwin's assistants were seen packing luggage into cars a day after the actor fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, on the set of his upcoming movie "Rust." Production on the set of "Rust" has been halted indefinitely after the prop gun was misfired at Bonanza Creek Ranch, in New Mexico

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2021, 09:36:24 pm »
Alec Baldwin family spotted packing up following deadly movie set shooting
Baldwin's assistants were seen packing luggage into cars a day after the actor fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, on the set of his upcoming movie "Rust." Production on the set of "Rust" has been halted indefinitely after the prop gun was misfired at Bonanza Creek Ranch, in New Mexico

Leave the state and going home to NY so to fight extradition.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2021, 02:00:39 am »
The deceased, cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42.

Prayers up for her and all who loved her.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2021, 02:04:37 am »
They better check the casing for fingerprints.
My bet is that he knew what he was doing and he did it with intention.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2021, 02:08:20 am »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true

Sorry for the sloppy link but this is an informative piece.
Baldwin removed the gun from its holster once without incident, but the second time he repeated the action, ammunition flew toward the trio around the monitor. The projectile whizzed by the camera operator but penetrated Hutchins near her shoulder, then continued through to Souza. Hutchins immediately fell to the ground as crew members applied pressure to her wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding.
As nearly as I can translate this, it sounds like there was live ammo in the gun, bullets, not blanks.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2021, 02:09:54 am »
They better check the casing for fingerprints.
My bet is that he knew what he was doing and he did it with intention.
There was some sort of dispute on the set, with one crew being run off. There may have been foul play with the firearms being tampered with. But there had been two other accidental discharges during filming, those without injury.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2021, 02:16:31 am »
Alec Baldwin is a horrible terrible piece of shit as a human being.
Do I think he would kill someone?
I think he would kill anyone, even his own daughter, if he was pissed off.
The guy is crazy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2021, 02:24:26 am »
Alec Baldwin is a horrible terrible piece of shit as a human being.
Do I think he would kill someone?
I think he would kill anyone, even his own daughter, if he was pissed off.
The guy is crazy.

The same reasoning for earlier post on this matter.   He's a complete waste of oxygen.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2021, 03:06:17 am »
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true

Quote from: article
The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left. 

The union folks were forced off set....

Either the scabs didn't know what they were doing or the upset Union set them up. Being two accidental shots were fired earlier, my bet is on the latter.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2021, 12:46:34 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2021, 12:48:02 pm »
Alec Baldwin Reportedly Used Non-Union ‘Local Crew’ On Set Where He Accidentally Killed Woman With Prop Gun
"We don’t know, did Alec Baldwin pick up a gun that he shouldn’t have picked up and was it not ready to fire?"
by Tom Pappert   
October 22, 2021

Actor Alec Baldwin apparently hired a non-unionized “local crew” for his “lower budget” film Rust that launched the sequence of events that led to the anti-Trump, anti-gun actor shooting and killing a cinematographer while on set of the Western movie.

Baldwin, who is producing the movie and thus may face lawsuits over the death and injury sustained yesterday, apparently hired a non-union “local crew” for the film Rust. At present, the origin of the gun used for the prop is unknown.

more
https://nationalfile.com/alec-baldwin-reportedly-used-non-union-local-crew-on-set-where-he-accidentally-killed-woman-with-prop-gun/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2021, 12:53:10 pm »
I was always taught a misfire was a failure to fire so unintended discharge should be the term used.  Blame the gun????

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2021, 12:53:43 pm »
October 23, 2021
No, let's not be kind to Alec
By J.R. Dunn

There have been a number of suggestions, from the conservative press as much as elsewhere, that we should go easy on poor Alec Baldwin concerning the terrible “accident” that resulted in a “tragedy” at his New Mexico filming location.

No, we should not. It was not an accident, and it is not a tragedy.

There a four primary rules of firearms handling, codified many years ago by firearms expert Jeff Cooper. Everyone serious about firearms has long ago committed them to memory:

Every gun is always loaded.
    Never put your finger on the trigger until you are about to shoot.
    Never aim at anything you are not willing to destroy.
    Be absolutely certain about what is behind your target.

It seems clear that Baldwin ignored every last one of these. He didn’t bother to check his weapon to see if it was loaded. He had his finger on the trigger in an insecure situation. He aimed it at two people. His director Joel Souza was standing behind Halyna Hutchins, who was killed. Souza was evidently hit by the same round.

Baldwin has long been an outspoken advocate of gun control. He has generally presented himself as an expert – he generally presents himself as an expert on everything that has ever happened since humans first appeared on the Serengeti. His remarks concerning firearms have been sarcastic, vindictive, and dismissive of anyone with the temerity to disagree. Second Amendment supporters, on the other hand, have long suspected that his firearms expertise, as is true of most gun control advocates, has been rudimentary at best. And now… whatayya know.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/10/no_lets_not_be_kind_to_alec.html
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2021, 01:00:09 pm »
Now there are reports that there had been a lot of problems before the shooting – that the crew was upset about long hours, low pay, and having to commute 50 miles from Albuquerque instead of staying in Santa Fe. According to the Los Angeles Times, the camera crew walked off the production just hours before the shooting:

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said…

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue to shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”…

The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/10/22/baldwin-handed-gun-with-live-rounds-crew-walked-out-hours-prior-over-safety-issues-n461503
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2021, 01:06:51 pm »
The tidbit about a good lefty like Alec not using union workers is like the cherry on top.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2021, 01:22:14 pm »

If it was rehearsal, why actually pull the trigger? Supposedly, whomever handed him the gun said it was "cold," but some supposedly in the business are saying it's the actor's responsibility to satisfy himself of the gun's condition.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2021, 01:47:01 pm »
I was always taught a misfire was a failure to fire so unintended discharge should be the term used.  Blame the gun????
I was always taught (and passed this on to three generations) that You never point a gun at anything you do not want to destroy
You ASSUME ALL GUNS ARE LOADED until you personally check it and clear it and then observe the first rule anyway

Muzzle discipline is a habit.

Any time a gun is fired unintentionally, negligence is usually involved. Only rarely does a gun malfunction and fire.
In that rare instance, if the above rules are observed, it will be pointed in a safe direction, and there will be no cartridge to discharge.  Every live round on a movie set should be accounted for.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2021, 01:48:56 pm »
The tidbit about a good lefty like Alec not using union workers is like the cherry on top.

Hypocrite, ignoramus, loudly opinionated, spiteful pr*ck... Alec ticks off all the boxes.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2021, 01:51:29 pm »

If it was rehearsal, why actually pull the trigger? Supposedly, whomever handed him the gun said it was "cold," but some supposedly in the business are saying it's the actor's responsibility to satisfy himself of the gun's condition.
Someone hands you a gun, you check it, even if they just did. Among firearm owners, it should be a habit.

Among anti-gun actors, apparently it is not.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2021, 02:08:11 pm »
Alec Baldwin = the Hollywood elite scum.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2021, 02:14:00 pm »
"... Safety protocols standard in the industry, including gun inspections, were not strictly followed on the “Rust” set near Santa Fe, the sources said. They said at least one of the camera operators complained last weekend to a production manager about gun safety on the set.

Three crew members who were present at the Bonanza Creek Ranch set on Saturday said they were particularly concerned about two accidental prop gun discharges.

Baldwin’s stunt double accidentally fired two rounds Saturday after being told that the gun was “cold” — lingo for a weapon that doesn’t have any ammunition, including blanks — two crew members who witnessed the episode told the Los Angeles Times.  ...
"

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2021, 02:29:09 pm »
We should cut poor Alec Baldwin some slack and blame the Producer.

Oh, wait.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck