Author Topic: Jussie Smollett Forced to Face Trial in Hate Crime Hoax After Judge Denies Dismissal Request  (Read 1740 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago Detective: Jussie Smollett Scheduled Meeting ‘On the Low,’ Paid for Supplies, Held ‘Dry Run’ Before ‘Attack’

Breitbart News 30 Nov 2021

CHICAGO (AP) — Two brothers arrested for an alleged attack on Jussie Smollett recounted for Chicago police how the ex-“Empire” actor orchestrated the hoax, telling them via text message to meet him “on the low,” paying for supplies and holding a “dry run” in downtown Chicago, the lead investigator testified Tuesday.

Taking the stand as prosecutors began their case against Smollett, former Chicago police detective Michael Theis said he initially viewed the actor as a victim of a homophobic and racist attack and that police “absolutely” didn’t rush to judgment as Smollett’s defense attorney alleged during opening statements Monday.

Theis said roughly two dozen detectives clocked some 3,000 hours on what they thought was a “horrible hate crime” in January 2019. He said they were excited when they were able to track the movements of two suspected attackers using surveillance video, and cellphone and rideshare records.

“The crime was a hate crime, a horrible hate crime,” Theis said, noting Smollett — who is Black and gay — reported that his attackers put a noose around his neck and poured bleach on him. He said the case had become national and international news and that “everybody from the mayor on down wanted to know what happened,” a reference to then-Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/11/30/chicago-detective-jussie-smollett-scheduled-meeting-on-the-low-paid-for-supplies-held-dry-run-before-attack/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amazing: Smollett Took His 'Attackers' on Dry Run the Day Before Faked Hate Crime
Guy Benson

The Jussie Smollett trial in Chicago is underway, and it's been quite a show thus far.  Fox News correspondent Matt Finn, who's been on this case since it first broke almost three years ago, has been following every twist and turn.  One of the key arguments from Smollett's defense team -- which amusingly continues to frame their client as 'a real victim' -- is that the police rushed to judgment and failed to do due diligence before wrongly concluding that the alleged crime was a hoax.  That contention blew up in their faces, as Chicago officials testified in great detail just how many resources, and how much time, they devoted to the case.  Oops:

https://twitter.com/MattFinnFNC/status/1465707861745438737

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/status/1465720336192835589

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2021/12/01/amazing-smollett-took-his-attackers-on-dry-run-on-day-before-fake-hate-crime-n2599905
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have said before and I will keep saying it until my dying day: If you are found guilty of one of these hoax crimes you need to financially libel for the cost of the investigation and face a penalty at least twice as long as the crime you lied about.
It seems to me that reporting a hoax as a crime only demeans the targeted group the hoax is aimed at slandering. Well,it sure turns out that often represents a racist act against the alleged but nonexistent perpetrators of the alleged but nonexistent crime. Perpetrating such a hoax is a "hate crime" in and of itself.

Bugger the false reports, try that fool for a "hate crime" and let him see what that felony feels like. Throw the book at him, and others of his ilk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It seems to me that reporting a hoax as a crime only demeans the targeted group the hoax is aimed at slandering. Well,it sure turns out that often represents a racist act against the alleged but nonexistent perpetrators of the alleged but nonexistent crime. Perpetrating such a hoax is a "hate crime" in and of itself.

Bugger the false reports, try that fool for a "hate crime" and let him see what that felony feels like. Throw the book at him, and others of his ilk.

What I want to know...

Why has it taken TWO YEARS to get here? 

He had to know that there would be a video of a 'practice' run entered into evidence, and yet he pleads "NOT GUILTY!"??

I distinctly remember when it happened that there were reports of CCTV cameras catching the rehearsal also.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What I want to know...

He had to know that there would be a video of a 'practice' run entered into evidence, and yet he pleads "NOT GUILTY!"??

I distinctly remember when it happened that there were reports of CCTV cameras catching the rehearsal also.
Because the Liberals have been trying to figure a way for him to get away with it and quietly let him off with a slap on the wrist.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

What I want to know...

Probably because he thought his buds in high places would make his claims operable by whatever means necessary.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Actor testifies that 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett asked him to carry out fake hate crime
NBC News, Dec 2, 2021

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jussie-smollett-trial-actor-testifies-empire-actor-asked-carry-fake-ha-rcna7366

Offline goatprairie

If this were a "Columbo" episode, and Columbo was helping out taking a break from his homicide cases,  Columbo would listen to the police sergeant explain the particulars of the case.
After five minutes Columbo would light up a cigar, start laughing, and call Smollett the worst hoaxer he's ever come across pointing out to Smollett all the dumb things he did making the hoax so ridiculously unbelievable.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
In his defense, he couldn't get any MAGA hats to attack him. He had to hire it out.
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jussie Smollett’s defense argues prosecution star witness is a disgruntled ex-lover
By Gabrielle Fonrouge   
December 2, 2021 2:12pm

CHICAGO — Jussie Smollett’s defense team unleashed a brutal cross-examination of the prosecution’s star witness Thursday, alleging the pair were dating, had masturbated together at a gay bathhouse and the attack was fueled by a desire to be the actor’s security guard.

Abimbola Osundairo, 28, sat on the witness stand for a second day in a row at Chicago criminal court and was grilled for two hours by Smollett’s defense attorney Shay Allen on day four of the trial.

Allen tried to paint Osundairo as a liar, drug dealer and opportunist who used his relationship with Smollett to further his career and told the star he’d make this “all go away” and not testify if he paid him and his brother, Olabinjo, $1 million each.

“You told him if he gave you and your brother a million dollars each, you wouldn’t testify?” Allen asked Osundairo, who responded, “No.” 

At the start of the cross-examination, Allen tried to make the claim that Smollett and Osundairo had a sexual relationship together by suddenly asking when he and the actor started dating.

“We were never dating,” said Osundairo, wearing a white button-down shirt, black vest and leather jacket with a popped collar.

From across the room, Smollett, dressed in a black suit, averted his gaze.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/abimbola-osundairo-and-jussie-smollett-were-dating-prior-to-attack-defense/
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontanging around with those show folk bleep."
-Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
“We were never dating,” said Osundairo, wearing a white button-down shirt, black vest and leather jacket with a popped collar.
Was this written by J. Peterman? The writer has an unusual fascination with fashion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Jussie Smollett’s defense argues prosecution star witness is a disgruntled ex-lover
By Gabrielle Fonrouge   
December 2, 2021 2:12pm

CHICAGO — Jussie Smollett’s defense team unleashed a brutal cross-examination of the prosecution’s star witness Thursday, alleging the pair were dating, had masturbated together at a gay bathhouse and the attack was fueled by a desire to be the actor’s security guard.

Abimbola Osundairo, 28, sat on the witness stand for a second day in a row at Chicago criminal court and was grilled for two hours by Smollett’s defense attorney Shay Allen on day four of the trial.

Allen tried to paint Osundairo as a liar, drug dealer and opportunist who used his relationship with Smollett to further his career and told the star he’d make this “all go away” and not testify if he paid him and his brother, Olabinjo, $1 million each.

“You told him if he gave you and your brother a million dollars each, you wouldn’t testify?” Allen asked Osundairo, who responded, “No.” 

At the start of the cross-examination, Allen tried to make the claim that Smollett and Osundairo had a sexual relationship together by suddenly asking when he and the actor started dating.

more
https://nypost.com/2021/12/02/abimbola-osundairo-and-jussie-smollett-were-dating-prior-to-attack-defense/
Prove his lying on the stand instead of impugning his character, Mr Defense Lawyer
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

Gay shaming?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Right_in_Virginia

Smollett trial — Osundairo brother asked under oath “who was the audience supposed to be?”

Osundairo: “According to Jussie, the media.”— Matt Finn (@MattFinnFNC) December 2, 2021

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hail Mary: Jussie Smollett Takes Witness Stand to Refute Accusation He Orchestrated a ‘Fake Hate Crime’

Breitbart News 6 Dec 2021

CHICAGO (AP) — Jussie Smollett took the witness stand Monday at his trial where he is facing charges accusing him of staging a racist, anti-gay attack on himself and lying to Chicago police about it.

The former actor from the TV show “Empire” was testifying Monday as the trial entered its second week and neared a finish. Two brothers testified last week that Smollett, who is gay and Black, orchestrated the hoax to get publicity. They said he paid them to fake the January 2019 attack in downtown Chicago.

Smollett’s attorneys argued the attack was real and that the brothers made up the story about a hoax then asked Smollett for $1 million each to not testify against him at trial.

The charges carry a possible sentence of three years in prison, though legal experts say the 39-year-old Smollett is more likely to get probation and be ordered to perform community service.

Jussie Smollett has maintained he was attacked in downtown Chicago in January 2019 by supporters of then-President Donald Trump, a report that ignited political and ideological divisions around the country. But special prosecutor Dan Webb said the actor recruited two brothers to help him carry out the fake attack, then reported it to Chicago police, who classified it as a hate crime and spent 3,000 staff hours on the investigation.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/12/06/hail-mary-jussie-smollett-takes-witness-stand-to-refute-accusation-he-orchestrated-a-fake-hate-crime/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Jussie Smollett is testifying to his romantic involvement with one of the Nigerian brothers, including multiple trips to bathhouses
2:24 PM · Dec 6, 2021·

So ... he's gay-shaming himself? So what? We all knew he was a homosexual, that's not the point.

Offline LegalAmerican

Jack Posobiec Flag of United States
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Jussie Smollett is testifying to his romantic involvement with one of the Nigerian brothers, including multiple trips to bathhouses
2:24 PM · Dec 6, 2021·

So ... he's gay-shaming himself? So what? We all knew he was a homosexual, that's not the point.

888high58888

Offline LMAO

I don’t think anybody outside of Hollywood believes this attack was real

If he would’ve just said I was attacked and left it at that, that might’ve been more believable

But he had to claim that it was two white guys wearing a Trump hat, in  that area of Chicago, with bleach and a noose, in the wee hours of the morning, knowing exactly what time and what route he would take, and in one  of the coldest nights that year in Chicago
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biggest takeaways from Jussie Smollett’s criminal trial testimony

CHICAGO — Former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett testified in his own defense Monday on day five of his criminal trial on charges he faked a hate crime in 2019 to get attention and then lied to police about it.

Smollett, 39, is facing six felony counts of lying to police and could be slapped with a sentence of up to three years behind bars if he’s convicted. Under oath, he maintained his innocence Monday and testified “there was no hoax” and the hate crime he suffered was real and carried out by brothers Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo.

Here are six takeaways from his testimony:

Smollett said he kept a noose around his neck because his creative director told him to.

When police arrived at Smollett’s home about an hour after the alleged attack, the actor was captured on body cam footage still wearing a rope-like noose around his neck and told cops “I just wanted you to see it.” On Monday, he testified that he had taken the rope off after he got back to his apartment but put it back on after his creative director Frank Gaston told him to.

“Why would I keep it on?” Smollett said when asked why he took off the rope.

“Frank told me to put the stuff back on as to not mess with the evidence.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/12/06/biggest-takeaways-from-jussie-smolletts-testimony-at-trial/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Smollett said he kept a noose around his neck because his creative director told him to.
Has Frank Gaston been charged as a co-conspirator?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett scolds white prosecutor for repeating N-word while reading out texts HE sent to Nigerian brother: Admits changing description of his attackers from 'white' to 'pale' during cross-examination at his 'hoax race attack' trial

Smollett is back on the stand for the second day to be questioned at his disorderly conduct trial in Chicago
    He told the jury on Tuesday that he first called his attackers white then changed the description to 'pale'
    He said he had just 'assumed' they were white in his first description and claims he still doesn't know who attacked him
    Smollett said on Monday that he and Abimbola Osundairo had 'made out' at a bathhouse and 'masturbated'
    He says he  did pay him $3500 but claims it was for nutritional plans and exercise guidance, not to stage the attack
    Smollett says the 'dry run' police say they performed days before the attack was just them getting 'stoned'
    He hasn't been able to offer a solid explanation for why the brothers may be lying, or who attacked him
    Asked on Tuesday if it was the brothers in surveillance footage from the night in question, Smollett said: 'I just don’t know. They’re liars, so.. they also said I had something to do with it and that’s not true'
    On Tuesday, he chastised the white prosecutor for using the N-word while reading texts he had sent Bola
    Smollett told him not to use the word 'out of respect for every African American in the room'
    He then told the judge he 'didn't want to answer yes or no' to the questions; the judge ordered him to

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Greg Woodfield In Chicago For Dailymail.Com

Published: 12:49 EST, 7 December 2021 | Updated: 13:44 EST, 7 December 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10284677/Jussie-Smollett-admits-changing-description-attackers-white-pale.html
Support the USO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Jussie Smollett scolds white prosecutor for repeating N-word while reading out texts HE sent to Nigerian brother: Admits changing description of his attackers from 'white' to 'pale' during cross-examination at his 'hoax race attack' trial

Smollett is back on the stand for the second day to be questioned at his disorderly conduct trial in Chicago
    He told the jury on Tuesday that he first called his attackers white then changed the description to 'pale'
    He said he had just 'assumed' they were white in his first description and claims he still doesn't know who attacked him
    Smollett said on Monday that he and Abimbola Osundairo had 'made out' at a bathhouse and 'masturbated'
    He says he  did pay him $3500 but claims it was for nutritional plans and exercise guidance, not to stage the attack
    Smollett says the 'dry run' police say they performed days before the attack was just them getting 'stoned'
    He hasn't been able to offer a solid explanation for why the brothers may be lying, or who attacked him
    Asked on Tuesday if it was the brothers in surveillance footage from the night in question, Smollett said: 'I just don’t know. They’re liars, so.. they also said I had something to do with it and that’s not true'
    On Tuesday, he chastised the white prosecutor for using the N-word while reading texts he had sent Bola
    Smollett told him not to use the word 'out of respect for every African American in the room'
    He then told the judge he 'didn't want to answer yes or no' to the questions; the judge ordered him to

By Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com and Greg Woodfield In Chicago For Dailymail.Com

Published: 12:49 EST, 7 December 2021 | Updated: 13:44 EST, 7 December 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10284677/Jussie-Smollett-admits-changing-description-attackers-white-pale.html
Repeating what a person says is a hate crime?

And he appears to be doubling down with perjury charges/

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 07:05:37 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington