Author Topic: Biden Issues First-ever Presidential Proclamation for ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’ [Columbus Day]  (Read 596 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Issues First-ever Presidential Proclamation for ‘Indigenous Peoples’ Day’

Joel B. Pollak 8 Oct 2021

President Joe Biden issued the first-ever presidential proclamation for Indigenous Peoples’ Day on Friday, adopting a practice long pushed by the left as a replacement for Columbus Day, which is said to be offensive to Native American communities.

Biden’s proclamation recognized Monday — the day the federal government will observe Columbus Day — as Indigenous Peoples’ Day, and declared, in part:

For generations, Federal policies systematically sought to assimilate and displace Native people and eradicate Native cultures. Today, we recognize Indigenous peoples’ resilience and strength as well as the immeasurable positive impact that they have made on every aspect of American society. We also recommit to supporting a new, brighter future of promise and equity for Tribal Nations — a future grounded in Tribal sovereignty and respect for the human rights of Indigenous people in the Americas and around the world.

He also issued a separate proclamation for Columbus Day, casting it as a holiday of importance to “Italian Americans,” but adding that it marked “the painful history of wrongs and atrocities that many European explorers inflicted on Tribal Nations and Indigenous communities.”

As Breitbart News’ Frances Martel has observed, Christopher Columbus himself was indirectly responsible for the creation of the doctrine of human rights, through the extension of Christianity to the New World:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/08/biden-issues-first-ever-presidential-proclamation-for-indigenous-peoples-day/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Tribal sovereignty with a side order of state sovereignty??? maybe?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Kiss the Italian vote goodbye, Joe.

Offline EdinVA

“the painful history of wrongs and atrocities that many European explorers inflicted on Tribal Nations and Indigenous communities.”

Must be that new history book.....

I was taught it was both sides that beat the heck out of each other....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As an American that is 1/4 Tuscarora,I can't begin to tell you just how "spatial" this makes me feel.

Here I wuz,just bopping along,thinking being a regular,unleaded 'murikan was good enough,but now I feel like somebodie muz owe me sumptin.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As an American that is 1/4 Tuscarora,I can't begin to tell you just how "spatial" this makes me feel.

Here I wuz,just bopping along,thinking being a regular,unleaded 'murikan was good enough,but now I feel like somebodie muz owe me sumptin.
Well, for seemingly ever, the credit for the Vikings coming to visit the New World has been lavished on Columbus, and nowhere do I recall the people who greeted both getting any credit for 'discovering' the ground they were standing on when the boats pulled in.

Just once I'd like to see historians to pull their heads out of their bias buckets and get it right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, for seemingly ever, the credit for the Vikings coming to visit the New World has been lavished on Columbus, and nowhere do I recall the people who greeted both getting any credit for 'discovering' the ground they were standing on when the boats pulled in.

Just once I'd like to see historians to pull their heads out of their bias buckets and get it right.

@Smokin Joe

Well,"greeted" might not be the right word.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

Well,"greeted" might not be the right word.
It works.  :laugh:  Some greetings are friendlier than others, is all. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Didn't the first humans to inhabit the Western hemisphere migrate here from Northeast Asia?

If so, the [so-called] ‘Indigenous Peoples’ were NOT truly "indigenous".

They just arrived a little earlier...

Online rustynail

Kennewick man says hi.

Offline EdinVA

Didn't the first humans to inhabit the Western hemisphere migrate here from Northeast Asia?

If so, the [so-called] ‘Indigenous Peoples’ were NOT truly "indigenous".

They just arrived a little earlier...
@Fishrrman
You and your facts... you really don't understand the game...  :silly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Fishrrman
You and your facts... you really don't understand the game...  :silly:

:silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The democrats agenda to fracture and divide America has been going on for a great many decades..  This is just another venture to divide America as Biden pizzing on America has unexpectedly drawn America together under a common unity , which Bidens disastrous time in office has wrought.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
What exact achievements of "indigenous people" are we supposed to be celebrating on "Indigenous People's Day"? Columbus is one of the founders of the civilization we all live in. I understand why he gets a holiday. But what about the native tribes?
9:38 PM · Oct 10, 2021·

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
What exact achievements of "indigenous people" are we supposed to be celebrating on "Indigenous People's Day"? Columbus is one of the founders of the civilization we all live in. I understand why he gets a holiday. But what about the native tribes?
9:38 PM · Oct 10, 2021·

@mountaineer

Beats the hell out of me,and I have enough "indigenous" blood in me to qualify as one.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I am unclear, who actually is the indigenous people among the indigenous people, since no one sprung from the Earth in North America exactly who is the indigenous among the indigenous? Seems to me everybody in what we consider to be America came from somewhere else, sooo we were all initially immigrants whose descendants all were/are Native Americans. While I am in no way defending what happened to 'Native American Indians/Indigenous(there's a misnomer if ever there was one, Indigenous -originating or occurring naturally in a particular place ) what happened to them was simply done on a larger more technological scale than what one tribe was doing to another. With the exception of maybe the level of slavery applied by tribe to tribe.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The Western hemisphere has/had NO "indigenous" people.
EVERYONE here came from "somewhere else".

The only differentiation is WHEN those people arrived.
And what they did once they were here.

Online mountaineer

indigenous
[ in-dij-uh-nuhs ]

adjective
*originating in and characteristic of a particular region or country; native (often followed by to): the plants indigenous to Canada.
*Indigenous. relating to or being a people who are the original, earliest known inhabitants of a region, or are their descendants: the Indigenous Maori of New Zealand;the Indigenous languages of the Americas.
*innate; inherent; natural (usually followed by to): feelings indigenous to human beings.
(Dictionary.com)

Yep, I qualify as both indigenous and a Native American. Born in the USA, baby!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The Western hemisphere has/had NO "indigenous" people.
EVERYONE here came from "somewhere else".

The only differentiation is WHEN those people arrived.
And what they did once they were here.

@Fishrrman

And just HOW do you know this?

It is something that is just ASSUMED.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The Kennebec man has been shown to have migrated to America first according to archeologist  the Johnny come lately indians appear to have done something TO/WITH THEM.  Care to venture a guess?  Potatoes any one?

Note how Biden like a good democrat cares about the indians, but dumps huge numbers of foreigners into America displacing many indians in jobs to work?  Offended by whites, that came to America, but not huge numbers of other foreigners coming to America that democrats they move here massively now!  Democrats Doing the crime in the here and now, pointing the finger accusingly at whites and others.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online mountaineer

Josh Kraushaar
@HotlineJosh
Flashback: Commemoration of Columbus Day from the Obama White House in 2015.

8:51 AM · Oct 11, 2021·