Author Topic: BREAKING>> Texas police confirm shooting at Arlington high school  (Read 1930 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: BREAKING>> Texas police confirm shooting at Arlington high school
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2021, 06:27:04 pm »
CNN Live: Shooter has been arrested. Weapon was recovered from the street.

Arlington Police, TX
@ArlingtonPD

The suspect has been taken into custody without incident and charged with multiple counts of Aggravated Assault with a gun.  Most students have been safely evacuated from Timberview High School. Thank you for everyone’s help.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 06:30:42 pm »
One victim is out of surgery and now in ICU. One victim to be released soon.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2021, 09:58:52 pm »
Jack Cashill
@jackcashill
1h
In the past several days Dexter Kelsey and Timothy Simpkin joined the ranks of school shooters. Despite their contributions to diversity and inclusivity in that field, don't expect to hear much about either.

4:00 PM · Oct 6, 2021·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rustynail

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2021, 10:06:02 pm »

Have they been vaccinated?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2021, 12:04:03 am »
This is the only case where COVID would not be declared should any pass.

Gun related deaths eclipse COVID related deaths.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 12:41:32 am »
Police have license plate number of car of 18 yr. old black man.   

@Victoria33

Ahm shocked! SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!

Hooda thunk hit?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 12:45:05 am »
How will CNN spin this story to fit their desired narrative   :pondering:

@Right_in_Virginia

Easy-peasy.

"Black youth that was traumatized by the history of white oppression of the black man and of slavery in this country,fought back!"

Mo at elebin.

Online corbe

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2021, 12:50:21 am »
    My mistake in High School was obviously being a dope buyer and not a Seller.  I never had a 3 year old Dodge in the parking lot.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2021, 02:03:50 am »
Very little is being posted on twitter... 9999hair out0000
Well other than the liberal BS about guns, morons just wrap their heads around the reality that there have always been guns. Heck we used to high school students come to school with their guns in their vehicles. It's not the guns, it's what the liberals have done to kids by eliminating God and discipline in school and letting kids get away with ridiculous violence in school. It's not guns, it's liberal society.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2021, 02:08:26 am »
Well other than the liberal BS about guns, morons just wrap their heads around the reality that there have always been guns. Heck we used to high school students come to school with their guns in their vehicles. It's not the guns, it's what the liberals have done to kids by eliminating God and discipline in school and letting kids get away with ridiculous violence in school. It's not guns, it's liberal society.

We had a rifle team in high school

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2021, 05:03:48 am »

@EdinVA

I used to go duck hunting before school started,and would then bring my shotgun inside the school and lock it in my locker to keep it from being stolen. Nobody thought a thing about seeing me walking down the hallway with a double-barrel 12 gauge shotgun in my hand.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2021, 12:56:53 pm »
Thankfully, the wokesters haven't gotten rid of WVU's top-ranked rifle team. Yet.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2021, 01:06:35 pm »
Freshman year college I took Pistol and Rifle class.  We had an indoor range.  Originally it was designed as a driving range for the golf team. However the pitch of the wall was too steep and rather than the golf balls falling into the base of the wall the would fly straight back to the tee and hit the player!.  They said the Low bidder got the contract!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2021, 01:07:44 pm »
    My mistake in High School was obviously being a dope buyer and not a Seller.  I never had a 3 year old Dodge in the parking lot.

Unless it was a Dodge pickup, there is no way in Hell I would have had a 3 y.o. Dodge when I was in high school!

No, no, no:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2021, 01:18:45 pm »
When I was at the U of H I needed an Athletics class to graduate so I took an ROTC course that counted. It was "Problem Analysis and Decision Making". Tuesday was classroom and Thursdays  was Pistol Marksmanship with High Standard Supermatics. We shot in a room under the Hofheinz Pavilion.  I love those High Standards.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2021, 01:24:05 pm »
Thank goodness this idiot didn't know how to handle a gun. No dead.
Suspected Texas school shooter charged, mugshot released
By Jesse O’Neill   
October 6, 2021 9:52pm Updated

The suspected teenage school shooter who allegedly injured four people when he opened fire at a high school was slapped with a number of charges Wednesday — as police released a mugshot of him following his arrest, a report said.

Timothy George Simpkins, 18, was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to KDFW, which obtained the mugshot of the suspect.

Simpkins turned himself Wednesday afternoon after officials launched a manhunt for the Timberview High School student accused of firing a .45 caliber gun during a fight with another student. ...
Story, photos and video at NY Post

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2021, 02:00:01 pm »
Thank goodness this idiot didn't know how to handle a gun. No dead.Story, photos and video at NY Post

@mountaineer

45 caliber semi-autos ain't cheap. I wonder where he stole it from?

I also wonder IF the press will publish the fact that he used a stolen gun?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 02:01:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2021, 02:11:23 pm »
When I was at the U of H I needed an Athletics class to graduate so I took an ROTC course that counted. It was "Problem Analysis and Decision Making". Tuesday was classroom and Thursdays  was Pistol Marksmanship with High Standard Supermatics. We shot in a room under the Hofheinz Pavilion.  I love those High Standards.
@Elderberry

My brother was four years older than I.  When he was about 10 years old, he had a BB gun.  He accidently shot it in my direction and the BB hit me in my face.  Mom took me to a doctor and luckily, the BB went into my face near my nose instead of an eye.  Doc dug the BB out and we went home.  End of story.  If that happened today, doc would likely call the police and brother would likely be sent to "correction" school (juvenile prison).  In my day, which is a long time ago, guns were a part of life, no one thought of guns being bad.  I inherited weapons when relatives died, plus bought my own that fits the strength I have.  And, that red laser on the weapon helps me hit the target.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2021, 02:18:52 pm »
Arlington school shooter, 18, is pictured in his Dodge Charger with what appears to be a gun as his family claim he 'was bullied' for his 'nice clothes and fancy car': Terrifying video reveals moment shots rang out

Timothy George Simpkins turned himself in Wednesday at around 1pm after he fled Timberview High School
    He opened fire that morning with a .45 caliber pistol during a classroom brawl with other students
    English teacher Calvin Pettitt, 25, was shot in the back, suffering broken ribs and a collapsed lung
    A 15-year-old student was in a 'critical condition' after he underwent surgery, while two others remain in hospital and a teen girl who suffered an abrasion is expected to be released soon
    Simpkins' relatives claim he was bullied, with one family member alleging that he was 'robbed' because others were 'jealous' of his 'nice clothes and fancy car,' a reference to Simpkins' 2018 silver Dodge Charger
    His cousin, Cint Wheat, wrote: 'My lil cousin was bullied. I don't know to feel about this he not no bad kid'
    She said his aunt went to the school to report the bullying but that nothing was done to protect him
    She shared a video on Facebook of a classroom fight involving Timothy on Wednesday
    Social media posts show the teen posing with his car in expensive clothes and sneakers
    In one image, he is pictured with what appears to be a gun in the side of the door

By Jennifer Smith and Harriet Alexander and Ross Ibbetson For Dailymail.com

Published: 22:50 EDT, 6 October 2021 | Updated: 10:10 EDT, 7 October 2021

Arlington school shooter Timothy Simpkins has been photographed in his $35,000 Dodge Charger with what appears to be a pistol in the side door of the driver's seat and in other social media posts, standing on the car in expensive clothes and sneakers after his family claimed on Wednesday he snapped because he was tired of being picked on for his nice things. 

Simpkins, 18, turned himself in on Wednesday at around 1pm after fleeing Timberview High School in Arlington where he fired a .45 caliber pistol during a brawl with other students that morning.

Four people were injured; English teacher Calvin Pettitt, 25, who was shot in the back and is in the hospital with a collapsed lung, and  15-yerar-old student who is yet to be named who was also shot. Two others were injured but it's unconfirmed if they were shot.

Simpkins is being held on a $75,000 bond and is expected to be moved from Arlington Police Station to the Tarrant County Jail later today. Then, his arraignment will be scheduled.

His family spoke out on Wednesday night to defend him, claiming he reacted angrily after being picked on for months. They said that while they didn't condone the shooting, they were grateful he did not kill himself.

Simpkins lives in a $400,000 home with his grandmother Lillie. He drives a 2018 Silver Dodge Charger, and his family described him as a 'loveable' kid. It's unclear what his parents do for work or how involved they are in his life.

On social media, his cousin Cint Wheat said he was 'no bad kid' and that he'd been picked on. She shared a video that police have confirmed of a fight inside the school, involving Simpkins, not long before the shooting, but it's unconfirmed if the video was taken on Tuesday or Wednesday. It shows one teenage boy beating up another but neither boy's face can be seen in the footage. 

They attempted to explain what he did by saying he was 'robbed' repeatedly and picked on, and that while they didn't condone what he did, they were glad he didn't kill himself instead. 

'He was robbed. It was recorded. It happened not just once, it happened twice. He was scared, he was afraid.

'It could have been a decision that he could have committed suicide... he was trying to protect himself. They were blessed financially. He was able to get things that other teenagers cannot have, because he wore nice clothes, because he drove nice cars, he was like a target,' Carol Harrison Lafayette, another relative, told reporters outside the family's home on Wednesday night.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10067261/Timberview-High-School-shooter-arraigned-family-say-bullied.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2021, 02:31:43 pm »
@Elderberry

My brother was four years older than I.  When he was about 10 years old, he had a BB gun.  He accidently shot it in my direction and the BB hit me in my face.  Mom took me to a doctor and luckily, the BB went into my face near my nose instead of an eye.  Doc dug the BB out and we went home.  End of story.  If that happened today, doc would likely call the police and brother would likely be sent to "correction" school (juvenile prison).  In my day, which is a long time ago, guns were a part of life, no one thought of guns being bad.  I inherited weapons when relatives died, plus bought my own that fits the strength I have.  And, that red laser on the weapon helps me hit the target.

It sounds like you got shot with a pellet rifle. I was in a lot of "BB Gun Wars". I got hit lots of times but they never broke the skin. One time me and a good friend were over at Sims Bayou next to the train trestle by Mykawa road. A couple of kids, who also had BB guns were crossing over from the Other Side. That made them the enemy. They crossed and the war began. Soon I was out of BBs and all my friend had was a glass jar with old rusty BBs in it. Well they broke the jar out of his hand and the BBs went into the cracks of the ground. My friend ran off as I was single loading each BB I could find. So I was down on my knees scratching the earth for ammo as they were right above me blasting away. I gave up finding any more BBs and just loaded dirt down the barrel and shot them up close into their arms. They backed off. I found some more BBs, so I shot them in the back of their ears and ran them off.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2021, 02:36:34 pm »

It's unclear what his parents do for work or how involved they are in his life.

Un,huh.

HEY! I thought that answering questions like that was what reporters do?

Gee,I wonder why they aren't investigating this?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2021, 03:26:30 pm »

Yeah, late model Dodge Chargers are not cheap commutermobiles like Dodge Neons. That detail struck me as well.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2021, 04:08:36 pm »
For 8 of my 10 years in public schools I was a target rather than the one who targeted. The idea of killing someone never entered my brain. Being bullied is no excuse for attempting murder.

If that Charger was bought for him new for $35K, that $$ probably would have been better spent on 4 or 5 years' tuition for a private school than had a clue about discipline.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2021, 05:50:48 pm »
HEY! I thought that answering questions like that was what reporters do?
Gee,I wonder why they aren't investigating this?
Yeah, you'd think. It's probably racist to ask anything about this kid, though.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2021, 06:56:12 pm »
Yeah, late model Dodge Chargers are not cheap commutermobiles like Dodge Neons. That detail struck me as well.

You've got that right, @PeteS in CA

Helping my lady friend out looking at automobiles right now....saw that a 1 year old Charger is selling for 100K!!

Literally scared the crap out of my kitties when I read that....imagine, a Chrysler built POS for 6 figures off the lot?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald