Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein conspicuously absent from Senate  (Read 757 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dianne Feinstein conspicuously absent from Senate
« on: September 28, 2021, 06:02:11 pm »
California Sen. Dianne Feinstein missed a Monday vote to suspend the federal debt limit and avoid a government shutdown, which could happen as soon as Friday if a new spending bill is not passed.

Forty-nine of 50 Republicans voted against the bill, which needed 60 votes to pass. Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse also missed the vote, and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer switched his vote from "yes" to "no" to preserve a procedural ability to bring the legislation to the floor again.

https://www.sfgate.com/national-politics/article/Dianne-Feinstein-Senate-absent-votes-missing-where-16493140.php

https://twitter.com/CartoonsBen/status/1433096685819813893
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Dianne Feinstein conspicuously absent from Senate
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 06:02:57 pm »
Well, she is 105 years old, so ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 06:10:10 pm »
No way anyone in the Senate should be able to get away with this.

It's been a month since that tweet and nobody on earth has wondered exactly where she is right now?

Home?  Hospice?  Refrigerator?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 06:24:11 pm »
Too bad the recall didn't pan out.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2021, 06:29:45 pm »

It's been a month since that tweet and nobody on earth has wondered exactly where she is right now?

Maybe Nancy Pelosi should do a wellness check on her?  She could check on how well the ice-cream is stocked.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 06:50:10 pm »
Beki Knott
@lotsofuss

So, after verifying for myself that @SenFeinstein missed crucial votes liked this one, the debt ceiling vote, I called her office to see why. I asked a staffer why she has missed crucial votes and he said “I can’t speak to that.”

This is just one of many missed votes. #CoverUp
1:28 PM · Sep 28, 2021·

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 06:52:48 pm »
... On Thursday, the New Yorker published a story documenting Feinstein’s apparent cognitive decline, reporting that the California Democrat suffers from short-term memory loss and has become increasingly frustrated by the demands of the job.

From the New Yorker:

... many others familiar with Feinstein’s situation describe her as seriously struggling, and say it has been evident for several years. Speaking on background, and with respect for her accomplished career, they say her short-term memory has grown so poor that she often forgets she has been briefed on a topic, accusing her staff of failing to do so just after they have. They describe Feinstein as forgetting what she has said and getting upset when she can’t keep up. One aide to another senator described what he called a “Kabuki” meeting in which Feinstein’s staff tried to steer her through a proposed piece of legislation that she protested was “just words” which “make no sense.” Feinstein’s staff has said that sometimes she seems herself, and other times unreachable.

The Feinstein who was long regarded as a perfectionist who “demanded to see every page going out of her office with her name on it” is, according to staffers, gone. Confusion, disorganization, and handwringing reign as aides and associates attempt a dangerous balancing act: Offer reverence to the senator while acknowledging that she is, perhaps, no longer fit to serve.  ...
From a 12/10/2020 Jezebel article, republished at MSN

Online Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 06:55:39 pm »
Sounds like Joe is just slightly behind her in respect to her rapid mental decline.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 07:38:28 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 07:49:28 pm »
Odds are fairly certain DiFi will never set foot on the Senate floor to ever vote again.  As such, the balance of power has now shifted 49 to 50 in favor of the GOP.   

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 11:51:02 pm »
DC Patriot shouts:
"No way anyone in the Senate should be able to get away with this.
It's been a month since that tweet and nobody on earth has wondered exactly where she is right now?"

Hmmm....
Think about this for a minute.

I've already been posting about Feinstein's absence over the past week or two in several threads. I sense she is -- as Ruth Ginsburg was -- indisposed and unable to perform her duties.

BUT THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.
(shouting intentional).

This means that the demo-communists now have only 49 "working seats", vis-a-vis 50 for the Republicans. Remember that unlike the House (which has "proxy voting"), Senators must be present at roll calls to vote in person.

So long as the Pubbies hang together, even kamala sutra harris can't "break a tie" because there can be no "tie vote" (unless one or more Republicans side with the DCP or are absent).

We WANT THIS TO CONTINUE as long as possible.
(Seems to me the media is keeping quiet about it)

Ms. Feinstein certainly isn't dead.
If she was, she would be replaced immediately by a young leftist courtesy of California governor Newsom, so there would again be "50 votes" in the Senate.

But so long as she remains "alive but absent", the Senate odds have swung to our favor.

Now do something about that guy Grassley, who's as old as Feinstein...

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 12:40:41 am »
I guess her absence had to do with her husband being ill.  She is returning.

Feinstein returning to D.C. after husband’s hospitalization

Sen. Dianne Feinstein is headed back to Washington on Tuesday evening after spending a week away in San Francisco while her husband was hospitalized.

The California Democrat’s return comes as Congress continues to look for a solution for keeping the government open and raising the debt limit ahead of Thursday’s federal funding deadline. Republicans blocked Democratic efforts on Monday — a vote Feinstein missed.

“Senator Feinstein is returning to Washington this evening after staying in San Francisco while her husband was hospitalized,” a Feinstein spokesperson said in a statement to POLITICO. “Her husband is now recovering at home.”

The Hill was the first to note Feinstein’s absence on Monday. A spokesperson said it was a “family medical emergency,” adding that the senator would have voted with Democrats on Monday.

“The senator is carefully following the vote situation in the Senate and will return to Washington as soon as possible,” Hill reporter Jordain Carney tweeted on Monday, relaying a message from Feinstein’s team...............

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/09/28/feinstein-returning-to-dc-after-husbands-hospitalization-1391479
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 01:10:32 am »
She will "return" to Washington in the same way McCain and Ginsburg both "returned" after being absent for a while.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 01:17:03 am »
She will "return" to Washington in the same way McCain and Ginsburg both "returned" after being absent for a while.

She's 88 years old and that's definitely a possibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 01:25:15 am »

It was not believable that they kept McCain in office for over six months "waiting for him to return" from his inoperable terminal brain cancer. It is truly unbelievable how STUPID they are, or how stupid they think we are.

I wonder if there are still some idiotic retarded Liberals out there still waiting for McCain and RBG to 'return'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 03:01:59 am »
Too bad the recall didn't pan out.

Yep.  Gavin Newsome will be appointing Whoopi Goldberg to replace Feinstein before year's end.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2021, 03:06:21 am »
Feet first?

BassWrangler

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2021, 03:59:46 am »

My guess is some sort of crypt.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2021, 04:08:00 am »

Why does anyone hang on that long ?

Do they really think they are that irreplaceable ?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 01:24:57 pm »
Odds are fairly certain DiFi will never set foot on the Senate floor to ever vote again.  As such, the balance of power has now shifted 49 to 50 in favor of the GOP.
Actually, it is now 50 GOP and 48 Democrats with 2 Independents.

With DiFi gone, will be 50 to 47
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 07:16:41 pm »
Actually, it is now 50 GOP and 48 Democrats with 2 Independents.

With DiFi gone, will be 50 to 47
Anyone that votes with the DCP every time is not independent. They are DCP disciples.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 08:06:53 pm »
Why does anyone hang on that long ?

Do they really think they are that irreplaceable ?

I can't speak for Feinswine, but I knew McStain and that's exactly what he thought.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2021, 02:42:38 am »
Democrats suckered people into bill slick clinton, Jimmy Carter, Obama, Biden and with election fraud, why not run Fineswine, even if she's dead?  Any one democrats can nominate, dead or alive  are nearly a sure thing!
:pigs fly:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 02:46:39 am »
Democrats suckered people into bill slick clinton, Jimmy Carter, Obama, Biden and with election fraud, why not run Fineswine, even if she's dead?  Any one democrats can nominate, dead or alive  are nearly a sure thing!
:pigs fly:
The votes she needs to win are already printed and waiting to be counted.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2021, 04:25:48 am »
Let's see, it surely has been her staff making decisions for years so no change there, and as for voting? I would bet Queen Nancy, you know she's the most powerful person in government because she told us so, sends down a decree from her throne allowing someone else to actually register her vote. There is nothing I put past democrats, with them the game is always how low can they go and their ethics are a bottomless pit.