Author Topic: Red states are having big success with this one COVID treatment and now the Biden administration is  (Read 911 times)

Offline Hoodat

Red states are having big success with this one COVID treatment and now the Biden administration is going to start rationing it

Daniel Payne   |   Sep 16th, 2021 12:39 pm

You've probably heard about monoclonal antibodies—a therapeutic treatment that has been highly successful at treating COVID-19. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, for instance, aggressively championed the procedure in his state, which saw such promising results that even Dr. Anthony Fauci came out strongly in support of it.

Now, however, the Biden administration is announcing that it will begin rationing the treatment throughout the U.S., citing an alleged fear of shortages:

An HHS spokesperson said seven states have accounted for 70% of orders for the therapy. Those seven states are Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Louisiana.

"Given this reality, we must work to ensure our supply of these life-saving therapies remains available for all states and territories, not just some," the HHS spokesperson said.

The distribution, which is similar to a system employed earlier this year, will fall to HHS, which will allocate product to states and territories each week, rather administration sites ordering them directly.

But is the threat of shortages real? Texas Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough wrote on Facebook this week that there was, in fact, no looming shortfall of the drug  .  .  .

https://notthebee.com/article/red-states-have-been-having-big-success-with-this-one-covid-treatment-and-now-the-biden-administration-is-going-to-start-rationing-it/

Pure evil.  The White House alone gets to decide which states get what.  By law, an individual State cannot order directly from the supplier.  And now that these Red States have found a more effective FDA-approved treatment against Covid than the mRNA jabs, the Biden coup wants to cut them off.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
If there is a highly effective and easily available treatment for the dreaded Covid available, people won't want to take the inconvenient and potentially dangerous "vaccine". For some reason the government and the leftists really want everyone to take that "vaccine". I wonder what that reason might be?
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If there is a highly effective and easily available treatment for the dreaded Covid available, people won't want to take the inconvenient and potentially dangerous "vaccine". For some reason the government and the leftists really want everyone to take that "vaccine". I wonder what that reason might be?

I'll take "It's not really a vaccine" for $1000 Alex!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online cato potatoe

Welcome to socialized medicine.

Offline PeteS in CA

That Regeneron's REGEN-COV mab treatment is effective was news almost a year ago, when Trump received it. Further, it has been available under Emergency Use Authorization since November 2020.

There may be a "shortage", in the sense that LIEden & Krew made what appears to be their FIRST purchase of REGEN-COV on September 14, 2021. The most recent purchase before that was January 12th, by the Trump Administration. IOW, if there's a shortage, it's due to LIEden & Krew failing to do in a timely way what was obviously necessary. LIEden's Kovid Krew Kidz are a bunch of regulocrats, and F-ups like this show it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:06:56 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That Regeneron's REGEN-COV mab treatment is effective was news almost a year ago, when Trump received it. Further, it has been available under Emergency Use Authorization since November 2020.

There may be a "shortage", in the sense that LIEden & Krew made what appears to be their FIRST purchase of REGEN-COV on September 14, 2021. The most recent purchase before that was January 12th, by the Trump Administration. IOW, if there's a shortage, it's due to LIEden & Krew failing to do in a timely way what was obviously necessary. LIEden's Kovid Krew Kidz are a bunch of regulocrats, and F-ups like this show it.
I am even more concerned that that bunch might commandeer all the supply, in the name of "fairness", and dole it out to a select few, while the rest rots on the shelf.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Brian Lenzkes, MD
@BrianLenzkes
NIH now recommends Vitamin C, D3 and Zinc for prevention and treatment of Covid-19.  The rest of us who have recommended it for the past 18 months don't even want an apology.
7:07 PM · Sep 16, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the medical version of Stalin and the Ukraine.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

I am even more concerned that that bunch might commandeer all the supply, in the name of "fairness", and dole it out to a select few, while the rest rots on the shelf.

The Feds buying and distributing REGEN-COV (and bamlanivimab) was set up by Trump. He probably had distribution done as he did with ventilators (when Cuomo was making insane demands), based on where it was needed. Biden is fulfilling your concern, distributing based on "equity" (probably on the basis of states' populations). Because Covid isn't hitting all states equally, this shifts supplies of REGEN-COV away from states with greater need to states with lesser need, creating shortages where needed and surpluses where not needed. Among the states with greater need, currently, are Progs' bogey-states Florida and Texas. LIEden's distribution scheme is a political shell game, with "equity" being the shell.

So LIEden & Krew created the shortage, if there is one, by failing to buy before demand peaked (US daily new cases peaked on August 27th, but Biden's first REGEN-COV purchase was made September 14th), and now distributes on a thinly disguised political basis.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Desantis has made a deal to buy directly from two company's and side step the Dept of health "rationing".  Biden isn't playing Corn Pop or with children's hair down here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Desantis has made a deal to buy directly from two company's and side step the Dept of health "rationing".  Biden isn't playing Corn Pop or with children's hair down here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Mono-clonal anti-bodies are a competitive choice to the vaccines.  Rationing mono-clonal anti-bodies eliminates a competitor to the vaccine.

Big Government is about removing choices and the ability to choose.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The government's evangelic zealous passion about 'forcing' everyone (except illegals, postal workers, and congressional staff) to take a vaccine which they themselves preach "DOES NOT WORK!" is really beyond bizarre. Why? If the vaccine does not prevent or cure COVID, then what does it really do? And why is the government so militant about handcuffing people and forcibly injecting them? It make no rational sense at all.

If the government believes their own propaganda, then they must believe that most unvaccinated are White Trump supports (which is not true, btw). Why would the current gang of woke communists in government care so much about "saving" Trump supporters? Why not just let them kill themselves?

There is something else in play. There is more to this so called 'vaccine' than just COVID. It is not natural for the Federal Government to be so insanely concerned with some people catching a flu.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Mono-clonal anti-bodies are a competitive choice to the vaccines.  Rationing mono-clonal anti-bodies eliminates a competitor to the vaccine.

Drawing a parallel between monoclonal antibodies and 'vaccines' [sic] puts the jabs in the category of a treatment instead of a preventative.  It is amazing how much the narrative has changed regarding the mRNA immune-system-destroying jabs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I don't think that's currently 'legal', but it should be.  Glad to see Desantis thumbing his nose at the tyranny of the Democrats.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

From the article:

As of yesterday the Biden Administration is metering how many doses of Regeneron are sent to Texas and thus limiting how many are sent to the Montgomery County location. Telling Texas to reduce its use of the therapeutic treatment that has literally been saving lives and reducing hospitalizations.

Now I'd like to think this is because of a supply issue and it will be temporary at best. But it's not. The manufacturer has confirmed supplies are ample but due to the Defense Production Act, the White House and it's agencies are the only entities who can purchase and distribute this treatment.

So less than a week after the president tells us his patience is wearing thin and he is mandating vaccines to millions of Americans his administration limits and all but removes a non-controversial and highly successful treatment from our war chest of combating this virus.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

This is an excellent example of why the government does not belong in the middle of medical care and decisions.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Already having a covid treatment (mono clonal antibodies) that prevents death reduces the incentive of urgency to get the vaccine.

If there was not such a treatment, there would be increased incentive of urgency to get the vaccine.

Yes, that makes no sense, but sense, reason, and logic went out the window long ago.

People are getting their medical information from a Niki Minaj tweet about her cousin's friend alleged vaccine side-effects of impotence and swollen testicles.  If people WANT to be stupid, there's not much we can do about it.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

This is an excellent example of why the government does not belong in the middle of medical care and decisions anything.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

People are getting their medical information from a Niki Minaj tweet about her cousin's friend alleged vaccine side-effects of impotence and swollen testicles.  If people WANT to be stupid, there's not much we can do about it.
Most of the reaction I've seen is amusement at the scenario - and admiration for Nicki for standing up to the media. I haven't noticed anyone actually seeking her out for medical guidance, however.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Most of the reaction I've seen is amusement at the scenario - and admiration for Nicki for standing up to the media. I haven't noticed anyone actually seeking her out for medical guidance, however.
Even if they took her seriously, so what? All she said was, "Do your own research, do what makes you comfortable, and Do Not be Bullied!
This was enough to cause the American Leftists' heads explode. How dare you say 'research'! How dare you say not to be bullied!
She didn't say anything wrong. In summary, all she said was to be careful.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

Glad to hear that. It's pathetic that it's necessary, but LIEden needs to be taught that his attempts at tyranny can be fought and bypassed.

Offline PeteS in CA

Big Government is about removing choices and the ability to choose.

While mab treatments could, hypothetically, be used as a temporary (lasting for several months and not producing a T- or B-cell response, unlike the current Covid vaccines) quasi-vaccine (I think there is an ongoing study of this idea) by receiving a mab treatment without exposure, I don't think Regeneron or Eli Lilly have the production capacity online that could support widespread quasi-vaccine use.

That hypothetical aside, mabs are treatments, not vaccines. Vaccine producers also produce treatments for the diseases their vaccines target, because they don't buy into Magic Silver Bullet  "thinking".

Online mountaineer

True.

Offline PeteS in CA

Even if they took her seriously, so what? All she said was, "Do your own research, do what makes you comfortable, and Do Not be Bullied!
This was enough to cause the American Leftists' heads explode. How dare you say 'research'! How dare you say not to be bullied!

Minaj said more than that: https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/americas/nicki-minaj-vaccine-story-false-scli-intl/index.html .