Author Topic: Live Thread 7: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8703 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Live Thread 7: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2021, 04:09:43 pm »
CIA operated top-secret Kabul airport 'Glory Gate' that was used to evacuate embassy workers and top-level Afghan intelligence assets after country fell to the Taliban

Secret CIA gate was used to sneak out high-priority assets during evacuation
    Gate was a quiet backdoor miles from the crowded public checkpoints
    It was manned by an elite, CIA-trained Afghan paramilitary force called 02
    02 were evacuated on the final flights that left Kabul on August 30
    It led to a gas station where Afghans would wait for the signal to enter
    Intelligence assets and Afghans designated by the White House got priority
    Later the State Department used it to help embassy workers flee the country
    In the final hours of the airlift it became the only viable entry to the airport

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:16 EDT, 7 October 2021 | Updated: 17:23 EDT, 7 October 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10070315/CIA-operated-secret-Glory-Gate-Kabul-airport-evacuation.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2021, 04:11:32 pm »
It's good to see the cash for corruption is being put to good use.

We paid for a time share, right?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2021, 04:20:37 pm »
We paid for a time share, right?

Dibs on first week of July 2022
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2021, 04:29:10 pm »
Dibs on first week of July 2022

Dang...  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2021, 04:56:47 pm »
CIA operated top-secret Kabul airport 'Glory Gate' that was used to evacuate embassy workers and top-level Afghan intelligence assets after country fell to the Taliban

Secret CIA gate was used to sneak out high-priority assets during evacuation
    Gate was a quiet backdoor miles from the crowded public checkpoints
    It was manned by an elite, CIA-trained Afghan paramilitary force called 02
    02 were evacuated on the final flights that left Kabul on August 30
    It led to a gas station where Afghans would wait for the signal to enter
    Intelligence assets and Afghans designated by the White House got priority
    Later the State Department used it to help embassy workers flee the country
    In the final hours of the airlift it became the only viable entry to the airport

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:16 EDT, 7 October 2021 | Updated: 17:23 EDT, 7 October 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10070315/CIA-operated-secret-Glory-Gate-Kabul-airport-evacuation.html

Typical Democrats.  Safe exit for me, but not for thee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #306 on: October 11, 2021, 11:42:20 pm »
We Now Know What Happened to the Afghan Interpreter Who Saved Joe Biden
By Nick Arama | Oct 11, 2021 7:00 PM ET

There were a lot of Afghan allies left behind by Joe Biden during the chaotic withdrawal from Afghanistan.

But perhaps one of the ones it hit the hardest was the Afghan interpreter who actually had helped to rescue then-Sen. Joe Biden in 2008 when he had to make an emergency landing in a snowstorm in the country, Aman Khalili. Along with Biden on that trip were former senators John Kerry and Chuck Hagel who he also helped rescue.

"Thirteen years ago, Afghan interpreter Mohammed helped rescue then- Sen. Joe Biden & two other senators stranded in a remote Afghanistan valley after their helicopter was forced to land in a snowstorm. Now, Mohammed is asking President Biden to save him."https://t.co/lvUFP0wWC0

— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) August 31, 2021

Although President Biden had promised for months that he would get out Afghan allies to whom we had an obligation, he left thousands like Aman Khalili and his family behind, as we reported.

The Wall Street Journal is now using his real name because Khalili and his family are now safely out of the country after a lot of effort by a group of U.S. veterans from Arizona with whom Khalili had worked with on that 2008 mission.

Khalili was actually rejected for an SIV in 2016 when Biden was Vice President despite what he did for Biden in 2008, because the defense contractor with whom he worked didn’t respond to requests with regard to him.

When the country then fell to the Taliban, he tried to get out through the Kabul Airport at the end of August with thousands of others. They wouldn’t let his family in and he wouldn’t leave without them.

He then spoke to the WSJ and appealed to Biden personally. “Hello Mr. President: Save me and my family,” he said. “Don’t forget me here.”

When asked about him, the White House promised they would get him out.

Many people tried to help to get him out after his story became known, among them Glenn Beck’s group who was trying fly people out of Mazar-i-Sharif. The veterans got him 250 miles overland to Mazar-i-Sharif but they were unable to get him on a plane.

The veterans then turned to Safi Rauf, an Afghan-American who worked as a linguist with U.S. forces in Afghanistan, and his Human Coalition group who has gotten thousands out.

“When it came to my desk, everybody else had given up on him,” said Mr. Rauf. “We made a promise to these people that if you help us bring democracy to Afghanistan and justice to America we will not leave you behind. I believe we owe these Afghan people a dignified life.”

The group assured the Arizona National Guard veterans that they could get Mr. Khalili and his family out overland to Pakistan. The U.S. veterans were afraid the route was too dangerous, those involved said. With no better options, the veterans decided to give it a try. So the coalition’s teams on the ground in Afghanistan picked up Mr. Khalili and his family in the north and drove two days across the country to the southern border with Pakistan, where they prepared to cross.

He was then able to get into Pakistan with his family.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/10/11/we-now-know-what-happened-to-the-afghan-interpreter-who-saved-joe-biden-n455270
Support the USO

Online Hoodat

« Reply #307 on: October 12, 2021, 02:40:10 am »
And Biden will take credit for it in .  .  .  five . . . four . . . three . . . two  . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #308 on: October 12, 2021, 05:51:12 am »
And Biden will take credit for it in .  .  .  five . . . four . . . three . . . two  . . .
Anyone who believes a word out of Biden's mouth at this point is an idiot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #309 on: October 12, 2021, 03:29:51 pm »
Anyone who believes a word out of Biden's mouth at this point is an idiot.

Well... I think the past sell date was several decades ago...

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #310 on: October 13, 2021, 12:15:04 am »
Well... I think the past sell date was several decades ago...
He's had Chronic Incontinent Prevarication Syndrome for decades.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2021, 01:31:50 pm »
Pentagon offers condolence payments, relocation to family of those killed in Afghan drone strike

The Pentagon announced late Friday that they had offered condolence payments to the family of the 10 individuals who died during a deadly U.S. drone strike in late August.

The Pentagon did not disclose the amount of money that would be included in the condolence payments. The department added it would be assisting the State Department for family relatives that may be seeking to move to the U.S., The New York Times reported.

Their announcement came after a virtual meeting that had been held on Thursday between the president of the organization that employed Zemari Ahmadi, Steven Kwon and the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Colin Kahl, when the U.S. made their offers.

Pentagon press secretary Kirby said in his statement that Kwon discussed Ahmadi’s role within the aid organization, and that Kahl acknowledged that the incident was a “tragic mistake” and that he and other individuals who died "were innocent victims who bore no blame and were not affiliated with ISIS-K or threats to U.S. forces,” The Times reported.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/577038-pentagon-offers-condolence-payments-relocation-to-family-of-those-killed-in
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2021, 02:33:37 pm »
The incompetent administration can solve every problem it's created, just by spending more taxpayer money, I guess.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2021, 03:08:37 pm »
Pentagon press secretary Kirby said in his statement that Kwon discussed Ahmadi’s role within the aid organization, and that Kahl acknowledged that the incident was a “tragic mistake” and that he and other individuals who died "were innocent victims who bore no blame and were not affiliated with ISIS-K or threats to U.S. forces,” The Times reported.

Did Kirby explain why the Pentagon chose to fabricate a false story about the event in order to mislead the American public as well as the rest of the world?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2021, 01:11:29 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1450120942785548288
They really don't need to know where the rest of the world is,they have enough people to shoot/hang/behead right there at home...for now.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #316 on: October 22, 2021, 09:32:51 pm »
Report: State Department Says 363 Americans Still Trapped in Afghanistan

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/10/22/state-department-americans-afghanistan/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2021, 12:57:29 pm »
Marine Who Lost Arm, Leg At Kabul Airport During Biden’s Deadly Afghanistan Withdrawal Makes First Public Statement

Let me start by saying that these past almost 2 months have indeed been hard. I have been trying to figure out what I want to say and how to say it. The outpouring of support from friends, family, organizations, and even just complete strangers has been unreal. I won’t ever be able to thank everyone enough, but still, thank you.

Ensuring that my mom and siblings are taken care of while they support me is really what matters to me most, and that is being done.

Posting this picture of myself is a very difficult thing for me to do. I hate the way I look right now and I’m working mentally on coming to terms with loss of my right arm and my left leg. I am sharing this though to help me with this process. Laying in bed for almost 2 months has caused me to lose everything I had worked for physically.

Everyday I am working toward my recovery. Some days are better than others, but you best believe I will still strive to be the best version of myself regardless of these injuries. I just have new challenges now and physically am a different person, but I’ll see how far I can go with this new body haha.

Thank you again to everyone, you have my love and my family’s.

-USMC Sgt. Tyler Andrews

more
https://nationalfile.com/marine-who-lost-arm-leg-at-kabul-airport-during-bidens-deadly-afghanistan-withdrawal-makes-first-public-statement/
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2021, 02:40:46 pm »
Marine Who Lost Arm, Leg At Kabul Airport During Biden’s Deadly Afghanistan Withdrawal Makes First Public Statement

more
https://nationalfile.com/marine-who-lost-arm-leg-at-kabul-airport-during-bidens-deadly-afghanistan-withdrawal-makes-first-public-statement/
God bless you USMC Sgt. Tyler Andrews!  You are a better man than most of us will ever be.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2021, 10:23:22 pm »
Joe Biden campaigning in 2007.  Absolutely must see!

https://twitter.com/senatormelendez/status/1456831709341573126

“It will take a year to get the American troops out. Do you hear me, now? That’s the truth.

“It will take a year to get them physically out.

“Now, if you leave all the equipment behind, you might be able to do it in seven months.

“Then, you leave those billions of dollars of weapons behind you that, I promise you, are going to be used against your grandchild and mine, someday.”

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #320 on: November 14, 2021, 05:38:49 pm »
George Papadopoulos
@GeorgePapa19
·
12h

Taiwan is the epicenter of the global semiconductor industry. Afghanistan is home to $3 trillion in rare earth minerals. This is why they both matter to China, but not to Joe Biden.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2021, 08:14:26 pm »
In case anyone wondered:

No word on whether she actually piloted the planes, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #322 on: November 25, 2021, 04:12:00 am »
In case anyone wondered:

No word on whether she actually piloted the planes, though.
No doubt, while ducking sniper fire... :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #324 on: November 27, 2021, 06:22:46 pm »
No doubt, while ducking sniper fire... :silly:
Well it's easy to waddle serpentine when your drunk.