Author Topic: Gen. Milley: 'Small Contingent of US and NATO Advisers and Trainers Currently in Ukraine'  (Read 756 times)

Offline libertybele

Gen. Milley: 'Small Contingent of US and NATO Advisers and Trainers Currently in Ukraine'

"I'll be moving U.S. troops to Eastern Europe and the NATO countries in the near term — not a lot," President Joe Biden said on Friday evening, as he returned from a day trip to Pittsburgh.

Earlier that same day, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley said the U.S. has already sent U.S. military "advisers and trainers" to Ukraine:

"If Russia chooses to invade Ukraine, it will not be cost-free, in terms of casualties or other significant effects," Milley told a press conference on Friday:

There is a small contingent of US and NATO advisers and trainers currently in Ukraine. The United States has zero offensive combat weapons systems, nor any permanent forces, nor bases in Ukraine.

Our role is limited in that we help train, advise and assist with tactics, techniques and procedures. We participate in institutional development of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense.

As the secretary of defense has noted, we continue to provide military material support to Ukraine along with many other countries from NATO, and we are ready, capable and prepared to uphold our obligation under treaty to NATO, as mentioned by the secretary.

An attack against one NATO ally is an attack against all. NATO has significant military capability. NATO has approximately 130-plus brigades of maneuver forces, not including US forces, 93 squadrons of high-end fighters, four carriers, many more surface combatants. The military capability of NATO is very, very significant...................

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/national/susan-jones/gen-milley-small-contingent-us-and-nato-advisers-and-trainers
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
But..but..but Brandon said no US troops in Ukraine...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wasn't that how we got our start in Vietnam?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yup!  "The best and the brightest!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I despise that man more with every day that passes.

You would think there would be a limit. I used to think that too,but it just keeps building.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

Well,VN actually "started" for America early in WW-2,when a VERY small team of "observers" from the US Army parachuted (IIRC) into VN to serve as observers with Uncle Ho and his merry band as they fought the Japanese.

Apparently this small band of observers were really and truly observant because they suggested we keep the hell  out of it and let the communists and the Empire of Japan bleed each other out.

Unfortunately,the former restaurant bus boy that later became known as "kindly Uncle Ho" survived,and as a result tens of thousands of people who just wanted to work and live their lives in peace ended up being murdered.

IIRC,these guys were OSS operatives,and most of the ones that survived the war and remained in the US Army are the ones responsible for creating the US Army Special Forces. One,whose name I know but can't remember at the moment was later murdered by a car bomb as he was working as an advisor to the Philippine government,who were having problems with communist guerillas on some of the islands.

I just remembered that his first name was Wendell. Is it any surprise that with a name like that he grew up to be a fierce fighter?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yup!  "The best and the brightest!"

@Cyber Liberty

Well,not really. The Army intelligence people were against it,but it was a collection of asswipes known as "The Kennedy Klan" that came up with that Biden. Had to look tough after being punked by Castro,don't ya know?

Online Kamaji

Online mountaineer

Truckistan Amb. Poso
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Biden to deploy thousands of additional US forces to Eastern Europe as he escalates standoff with Russia
9:29 AM · Feb 2, 2022·
------------------------------------------
Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
JUST IN - Biden deploys thousands more troops to Poland, Romania, and Germany. This is separate from the 8,500 on NATO standby.
9:38 AM · Feb 2, 2022
--------------------------------------------
Pete Friesen
@PeteFriesen1984·
Replying to @JackPosobiec
Ppl ask what business the US has in Ukraine

9:34 AM · Feb 2, 2022·
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 02:47:32 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Matt Gaetz
@mattgaetz

We are not the world’s policeman.

We are not the world’s piggybank.

Trump drew down troops in Europe, demanding our allies contribute fairly to THEIR OWN security.

Biden screwed up America.

Now he’s destabilizing the world.

10:35 AM · Feb 2, 2022    Twitter for iPhone

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"If you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Disclose.tv
@disclosetv

JUST IN - U.S. Army: Soldiers who refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccine will be immediately discharged, Reuters reports.

10:50 AM · Feb 2, 2022   Twitter Web App

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I was just going to post that..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

I was just going to post that..

We're all thinking it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
***suicide***

"She (AOC) has no idea what’s going on"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1488979132537049090

The sum-total of all intelligence on this planet just dropped by 10 points.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:41:15 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Well, sorta.  Ho and his followers spent most of WWII helping the OSS get our pilots who had been shot down in China out to the South China Sea where our subs could pick them up.  After WWII president Truman 'thanked him' by backing mo hair DE Gaulle's efforts to reestablish French dominion in the area.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:39:29 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Truckistan Amb. Poso
@JackPosobiec
BREAKING: Biden to deploy thousands of additional US forces to Eastern Europe as he escalates standoff with Russia
9:29 AM · Feb 2, 2022·
------------------------------------------
Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
JUST IN - Biden deploys thousands more troops to Poland, Romania, and Germany. This is separate from the 8,500 on NATO standby.
9:38 AM · Feb 2, 2022
--------------------------------------------
Pete Friesen
@PeteFriesen1984·
Replying to @JackPosobiec
Ppl ask what business the US has in Ukraine

9:34 AM · Feb 2, 2022·

Yep! All posted here many months ago.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien