Author Topic: Chris Wallace: So You're Saying This Mask I've Been Wearing For A Year Isn't Really Protecting Me  (Read 1044 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Wallace: "So You're Saying This Mask I've Been Wearing For A Year Isn't Really Protecting Me Very Much?"

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date September 6, 2021

"FOX News Sunday" host Chris Wallace discovered during an interview with the dean of Brown University's School of Public Health, Dr. Ashish Jha, that standard cloth masks do very little to stop the spread of COVID-19.

"So you're saying this mask I've been wearing for a year isn't really protecting me very much?" Wallace asked.

"You probably need to upgrade your mask, Chris," Jha told him.

CHRIS WALLACE, FOX NEWS: I read a report, actually several reports this week, that cloth masks, which, frankly, are the kinds of masks I usually wear, are not really effective. Is that true?

DR. ASHISH JHA, DEAN, BROWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH: Yes, cloth masks, unto themselves, generally not effective. That's why I think surgical masks are better. There are, of course, higher-quality masks. Cloth masks may be ten or 20 percent effective, not great against the delta variant.

WALLACE: So you're saying this mask I've been wearing for a year isn't really protecting me very much?

JHA: I'm saying that given the delta variant that's out there, you probably need to upgrade your mask, Chris.

WALLACE: Well, thank you for that and I think a lot of people thank you.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/09/06/chris_wallace_so_youre_saying_this_mask_ive_been_wearing_for_a_year_isnt_really_protecting_me_very_much.html
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 05:25:28 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Been saying that from the beginning. 'Masks' are not effective. Especially without eye protection and gloves along with them.

Fauci and his Democrat Masters are selling the mask schtick as a 'magic talisman' that will magically save you and your loved ones from COVID.

Just like the snake oil magic cure-all in the 1800s, masks are not supported by science or by simple reality for doing anything to prevent a microscopic virus.

Masks in America are like swastikas in the 1930s. They are an outward symbol of 'obedience' and allegiance to State control. This is why the mask Nazis' heads explode when they see somebody not wearing one. It is not about COVID, it is about obedience and doing what you are told no matter what. Whether it is right or wrong is irrelevant to them.

This is why politicians and the super rich only wear them when they are on camera. They know it is nonsense. There was not a single mask at Obama's party.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 03:58:44 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Careful Chris, or your media friends will accuse you of spreading misinformation.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Careful Chris, or your media friends will accuse you of spreading misinformation.

:yowsa:   pointing-up

I got permanently kicked off FB for that.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:37:49 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline The_Reader_David

Yes that's right.  As the signs at my workplace say:  "My mask protects you, your mask protects me."  The point of cloth or disposable surgical masks has never been to protect the wearer, but to diminish the chance the wearer will spread the virus.  The same way the point of a surgeon wearing a mask is not to protect the surgeon, but to protect the patient from the surgeon.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DB

There are many studies prior to 2020 about the effectiveness of masks blocking respiratory viruses. Essentially all of them show no benefit beyond the margin of error in the results. The later "studies" were typically computer simulations which proved nothing in real world application. The CDC's "study" was a hair solon and one women who wore a mask and tested positive for Covid. They claimed that since her clients didn't get Covid it was the mask the prevented it. No control, no science at all. There is no actual evidence the mask made any difference or that she was shedding the virus at the time she was doing peoples hair. Just a giant crap fest to justify the narrative.

The same goes for the 6 foot rule. There's no science behind it at all. It was just an arbitrary rule.

Actual science has been out the window for quite some time now. And the majority of scientist/doctors who know better are too afraid and stand up against it. It is insane.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Yes that's right.  As the signs at my workplace say:  "My mask protects you, your mask protects me."  The point of cloth or disposable surgical masks has never been to protect the wearer, but to diminish the chance the wearer will spread the virus.  The same way the point of a surgeon wearing a mask is not to protect the surgeon, but to protect the patient from the surgeon.

IF one takes the time necessary to read the print on a box of N95 masks you will see the following:

These masks are designed for surgical environments only

Outside of those environments they are worthless after about 15 minutes.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

A surgeon wears a mask to keep bacteria laden spittle from entering the open wound of the patient. Bacteria is huge compared to the Corona virus.

A paper or cloth mask has zero chance of blocking a respiratory virus that is about 120 nanometers in size even if imbedded in moisture. Water also goes right through the mask along with the virus. There a many studies that prove this.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There are many studies prior to 2020 about the effectiveness of masks blocking respiratory viruses. Essentially all of them show no benefit beyond the margin of error in the results. The later "studies" were typically computer simulations which proved nothing in real world application. The CDC's "study" was a hair solon and one women who wore a mask and tested positive for Covid. They claimed that since her clients didn't get Covid it was the mask the prevented it. No control, no science at all. There is no actual evidence the mask made any difference or that she was shedding the virus at the time she was doing peoples hair. Just a giant crap fest to justify the narrative.

The same goes for the 6 foot rule. There's no science behind it at all. It was just an arbitrary rule.

Actual science has been out the window for quite some time now. And the majority of scientist/doctors who know better are too afraid and stand up against it. It is insane.

And that's a fact Jack!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

IF one takes the time necessary to read the print on a box of N95 masks you will see the following:

These masks are designed for surgical environments only

Outside of those environments they are worthless after about 15 minutes.

And virtually no one wears an N95 mask and even those that do very few of those are properly fitted to prevent air leaks around the edges. Add exposed eyes and/or facial hair and it all out the window.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Surgical masks have nothing to do with preventing a virus. Surgical masks are designed to prevent spittle droplets and other gross facial ejections which happen naturally while breathing and speaking. A virus mask is a completely totally different thing than a surgical mask.

Wearing a surgical mask in a viral environment is like going deep sea diving with reading glasses for goggles.

And if you have a beard or mustache, a mask is doing absolutely nothing except gathering all the junk in the air right in front of your mouth.

Fauci said, "Wearing a mask makes others 'feel' safe." He didn't say it keeps them safe. He said it makes them 'feel safe'.
Fauci said, "Wearing a mask 'is the right thing to do'" Whatever the hell that means. But again, nothing about preventing COVID.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:40:56 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Everytime I hear Chrissy Wallace whine, we need to remind him that he may have thrown the election to Biden with his biased debate tactics.   You bought this mess, deal with it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And virtually no one wears an N95 mask and even those that do very few of those are properly fitted to prevent air leaks around the edges. Add exposed eyes and/or facial hair and it all out the window.

Not to mention the tendency for people to pull them down continually and adjust them. Even to the point of sticking their fingers inside the mask!  This mask hoopla has been a big joke from a medical standpoint from day one!  Their real purpose is as a physiological device that removes people's identities!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:57:36 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Welcome to the real world Chris.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline The_Reader_David

A surgeon wears a mask to keep bacteria laden spittle from entering the open wound of the patient. Bacteria is huge compared to the Corona virus.

A paper or cloth mask has zero chance of blocking a respiratory virus that is about 120 nanometers in size even if imbedded in moisture. Water also goes right through the mask along with the virus. There a many studies that prove this.

Virus particles don't float around separately, they are carried by droplets which are large enough to be blocked by the masks commonly in use.  Once the droplet carrying the virus hits the mask, the virus particles don't float off the droplet.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Welcome to the real world Chris.

That sumbitch has never lived in the real world.  So this is all new to him.  Faking it is making it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Virus particles don't float around separately, they are carried by droplets which are large enough to be blocked by the masks commonly in use.  Once the droplet carrying the virus hits the mask, not all the Viri float off the droplet.

Fixed it for you @The_Reader_David Masks are worthless when it comes to preventing viral infections and we have known this since at least the Spanish flu episode in the early part of the twentieth century!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 05:26:40 pm by mystery-ak »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Virus particles don't float around separately, they are carried by droplets which are large enough to be blocked by the masks commonly in use.  Once the droplet carrying the virus hits the mask, the virus particles don't float off the droplet.

No... There has to be a distinction made between  the common thought of 'droplets' and aerosolized water which the viruse lives in fine, and the mask does nothing to prevent.

You can prove this to yourself by exhaling through a mask with your reading glasses positioned in front of it... The glasses will fog up with moisture... That is those 'droplets' you are speaking of that actually suspend and carry in the air.

Your mask is doing nothing as soon as your exhalation makes it wet. The only advantage to a surgical mask it its attractive static charge. After a few minutes, when your exhalation has moistned the mask sufficiently, the static charge disappears, and all you are doing is creating a near-body temp moist environment where the virus can propagate right in front of your face.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 05:28:07 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No... There has to be a distinction made between  the common thought of 'droplets' and aerosolized water which the viruse lives in fine, and the mask does nothing to prevent.

You can prove this to yourself by exhaling through a mask with your reading glasses positioned in front of it... The glasses will fog up with moisture... That is those 'droplets' you are speaking of that actually suspend and carry in the air.

Your mask is doing nothing as soon as your exhalation makes it wet. The only advantage to a surgical mask it its attractive static charge. After a few minutes, when your exhalation has moistned the mask sufficiently, the static charge disappears, and all you are doing is creating a near-body temp moist environment where the virus can propagate right in front of your face.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

That is correct. And the moisture is constantly exchanging with the air passing through it - along with the virus.

The studies prior to 2020 have proven this over and over again.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Too bad that was a lie, they don't protect anybody and spread germs to the wearer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Chris Wallace: So You're Saying This Mask I've Been Wearing For A Year Isn
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2021, 01:37:56 am »
The droplets evaporate in minutes, leaving the tiny virus to go happily on its way.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:51:31 am by mystery-ak »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Chris Wallace: So You're Saying This Mask I've Been Wearing For A Year
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2021, 01:46:46 am »
The droplets evaporate in minutes, leaving the tiny virus to go happily on its way.

And millions of atomized droplets carrying billions of Viri pass right through unimpeded to begin with.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:50:40 am by mystery-ak »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Too bad that was a lie, they don't protect anybody and spread germs to the wearer.

:yowsa: They do FAR more harm than good.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:51:01 am by mystery-ak »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:yowsa: They do FAR more harm than good.

Well, then there's the issue of O2 saturation.... :whistle:
I will NOT comply.