Author Topic: Lester Holt will interview Thursday U.S. Capitol Police officer who murdered Ashli Babbitt  (Read 1705 times)

Offline skeeter

So charge him with something less than first-degree murder. We don't have to talk about "malice aforethought" when there clearly was intent, which is what murder statutes require. He admitted he intended to kill her (his "center mass" remark). As she did not present a threat to him or anyone else, this is not a justifiable homicide, as usually is the case when a cop shoots a guy waving a gun or knife around. She was unarmed and not doing anything. Whether 2nd degree murder or some variety of manslaughter (I don't know the particular statutes that govern), Byrd should have been charged criminally for this killing.

I have never been a more clear cut case of second degree murder than this one. Its on video.

The capitol hill police are completely unaccountable to anyone but the speaker.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 01:46:00 pm by skeeter »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Again.  I have no proof  that this cop acted with malice

I am a  fact  based person who need all the facts before I come to a conclusion. I don’t invest in emotional narratives. And my official stand is I have no stand  until I see all  unfiltered and unspun facts

You are making all the same arguments that BLM makes whenever a cop shoots an unarmed black person. Yet most are ruled justified shootings

I have seen the left make statements that  an unarmed inner-city black person that’s  shot by a white cop the right’s default position is to take the cops side and I have to say I agree with that

After the BS we were told by the media and the left regarding cases such as Michael Brown, Breonna Taylor, Treyvon Martin, George Floyd etc. etc. tend to be a little jaded

Having said all the above, I do agree that if the races were reversed, the media would be demanding answers in the situation.
Just subject this shooting to the same rules for the employment of lethal force any citizen would have to fulfill in order to not be charged with murder.
Did this 110 lb unarmed female present an imminent lethal threat to the shooter?

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So charge him with something less than first-degree murder. We don't have to talk about "malice aforethought" when there clearly was intent, which is what murder statutes require. He admitted he intended to kill her (his "center mass" remark). As she did not present a threat to him or anyone else, this is not a justifiable homicide, as usually is the case when a cop shoots a guy waving a gun or knife around. She was unarmed and not doing anything. Whether 2nd degree murder or some variety of manslaughter (I don't know the particular statutes that govern), Byrd should have been charged criminally for this killing.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have never been a more clear cut case of second degree murder than this one. Its on video.

Good point.  On the stand this would have been taken as an admission of guilt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:yowsa: pointing-up

Don't forget, Byrd is relying on Black Lives like his Matters.  No one elses. (/s)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

Don't forget, Byrd is relying on Black Lives like his Matters.  No one elses. (/s)
The guy is psychotic, complaining about racist threats after what he casually did.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
The guy is psychotic, complaining about racist threats after what he casually did.

Dang right.  How cool and collected, and almost smirking he was was simply disgusting.  I hope he gets his just rewards in the end.

Offline skeeter

Dang right.  How cool and collected, and almost smirking he was was simply disgusting.  I hope he gets his just rewards in the end.

He's been coddled by the pols and media. I do not think he fully understands the consequences of his decision to go public with his excuses - as I said, he doesn't seem very smart. People have long memories. See Lon Horiuchi.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Folks I'm going to quote something @Smokin Joe said here yesterday!

It (Washington D. C.) is a self perpetuating, self legislating, self governing, anonymous, and self-interested hive, which exists independent of personal responsibility, nearly independent of the elected government, and any strictures thereon, except to feed it the bits of legislation it can use to score points at home with the voters via media promotion, gargantuan omnibus acts stuffed with unsavory bits designed to expand, enrich, perpetuate, and empower the bureaucracy.

Why else would an "infrastructure" Bill spend over 90% on other things?
I am sure not one person elected to the Senate or House has read the entire thing.

That is the true substance of the Swamp, not just the occasional mangrove tree that rises above the murk and muck, nor the critters that visibly cavort therein.

I do not believe Trump (or most Americans) had any idea just how extensive and pervasive it is, nor how beholden the office holders are to it to retain their positions  None are held to account unless the hive intends to eject them. Add in the natural animosity of the GOPe which had its own little game going, trading votes with the Dems and all having heavy dirt on each other, and the matted masses floating on the surface and scuttling critters we see on occasion are mere superficial targets, supported by the ichor and bureaucratic ooze underneath.

EVERYONE needs to take heed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
He's been coddled by the pols and media. I do not think he fully understands the consequences of his decision to go public with his excuses - as I said, he doesn't seem very smart. People have long memories. See Lon Horiuchi.

I thought the same.  Congress almost gave him a wit-sec type treatment agreement, and if the SOB was smart, he'd lay low the rest of his life. 
I also thought this POS might be trying to milk some cash on the fame.  We'll see.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
ELIJAH
@ElijahSchaffer
·
14h
Kill an unarmed black man get 22 years in prison 

Kill an unarmed white woman get a special interview on NBC News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I thought the same.  Congress almost gave him a wit-sec type treatment agreement, and if the SOB was smart, he'd lay low the rest of his life. 
I also thought this POS might be trying to milk some cash on the fame.  We'll see.
He is a POS but his leadership is even worse for letting him off without any accountability whatsoever.

The most transparent government in history, remember?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The powers that be owe Derick Chauvin an apology & immediate pardon.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
·
2h
Michael Byrd admits that he didn't necessarily think Ashli Babbitt was armed. He said that the question of whether she was armed didn't factor into his decision to shoot her in the chest. A stunning and damning admission.
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
·
2h
Michael Byrd admits that he didn't necessarily think Ashli Babbitt was armed. He said that the question of whether she was armed didn't factor into his decision to shoot her in the chest. A stunning and damning admission.

Basically, he saw his chance to take a shot at another human being with impunity, and he took it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Basically, he saw his chance to take a shot at another human being with impunity, and he took it.

Pretty much but if she had been black it would not have happened.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Pretty much but if she had been black it would not have happened.

Very true.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO