Author Topic: Live Thread 4: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 11111 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Live Thread 4: The Fall of Afghanistan
« on: August 25, 2021, 12:20:50 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Live Thread 4: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 12:23:00 pm »
 :bkmk:

And again thanks to @mystery-ak for keeping this up to the minute fresh.

This is my one best source of consolidated news on the Fall of Kabul.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:24:22 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 12:27:35 pm »
Gen. Overseeing Afghanistan Evacuation: We’ll Get as Many People out ‘With the Time We Have’ – ‘Won’t Speculate’ on Leaving Some Behind

Ian Hanchett 24 Aug 2021

During a portion of an interview aired on Tuesday’s broadcast of ABC’s “World News Tonight,” Marine Corps Brig. Gen. Farrell J. Sullivan, one of the American generals in charge of the evacuation of Afghanistan responded to a question on whether the evacuation will be complete by the August 31 deadline by stating that “we will get as many out as we possibly can with the time we have available.”

ABC Senior Foreign Correspondent Ian Pannell asked, “How confident are you that all American citizens who want to leave, all Afghans who risked their lives to help us in this mission, will get out in the next seven days?”

Sullivan responded, “What I can guarantee is we will get as many out as we possibly can with the time we have available.”

Pannell then stated, “Which implies some will be left behind, or could be.”

Sullivan said, “I won’t speculate on that. All I can say is, we will get as many out as we possibly can.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/24/gen-overseeing-afghanistan-evacuation-well-get-as-many-people-out-with-the-time-we-have-wont-speculate-on-leaving-some-behind/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 12:29:13 pm »
Gen. Overseeing Afghanistan Evacuation: We’ll Get as Many People out ‘With the Time We Have’ – ‘Won’t Speculate’ on Leaving Some Behind

Ian Hanchett 24 Aug 2021

During a portion of an interview aired on Tuesday’s broadcast of ABC’s “World News Tonight,” Marine Corps Brig. Gen. Farrell J. Sullivan, one of the American generals in charge of the evacuation of Afghanistan responded to a question on whether the evacuation will be complete by the August 31 deadline by stating that “we will get as many out as we possibly can with the time we have available.”

ABC Senior Foreign Correspondent Ian Pannell asked, “How confident are you that all American citizens who want to leave, all Afghans who risked their lives to help us in this mission, will get out in the next seven days?”

Sullivan responded, “What I can guarantee is we will get as many out as we possibly can with the time we have available.”

Sullivan said, “I won’t speculate on that. All I can say is, we will get as many out as we possibly can.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/24/gen-overseeing-afghanistan-evacuation-well-get-as-many-people-out-with-the-time-we-have-wont-speculate-on-leaving-some-behind/

In other words, we will get out as many as the Taliban will allow us to take out.  How revoltingly pathetic.

The answer should have been - and would have been under President Trump - we will get them all out, no matter how long it takes.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 12:30:55 pm »
In other words, we will get out as many as the Taliban will allow us to take out.  How revoltingly pathetic.

The answer should have been - and would have been under President Trump - we will get them all out, no matter how long it takes.

There isn't enough tar and feather for what Biden deserves.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 12:32:53 pm »
State Dept Warns Americans Who ‘Remain In Afghanistan’ Will Be ‘Without Assistance,’ Then Withdraws It

https://twitter.com/CatieEdmondson/status/1430254119302934535

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/24/embassy-afghanistan-withdraws-warning-without-assistance/
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 12:36:37 pm »
State Dept Warns Americans Who ‘Remain In Afghanistan’ Will Be ‘Without Assistance,’ Then Withdraws It

I hope someone got a screen shot or a copy of that original State Dept. communication.

BassWrangler

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 12:54:13 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 01:10:09 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Internal Numbers Show White House Poised To Leave Several Thousand Americans Behind Enemy Lines In Afghanistan

Shelby Talcott
Senior White House Correspondent
August 24, 2021 3:18 PM ET
Font Size:

Roughly 3,800 Americans have been evacuated from Afghanistan since July 29, with an estimated 8,000 remaining in the country, an official with direct knowledge of the situation told the Daily Caller on Tuesday. The official told the Caller that it seems “doubtful we are going to bring in 8,000 more Americans” between now and the Aug. 31 deadline.

excerpt:

In early February, the assessment was that 16,000 Americans may be in Afghanistan, according to the official. This number has since been tailored down to around 12,000, likely because officials have been contacting Americans in an effort to sort out who remains in the country.

Over the past 24 hours, over 350 Americans departed Afghanistan, according to the official. The White House said early Tuesday that approximately 21,600 people were evacuated from Kabul from August 23 at 3:00 am to August 24 at 3:00 am.

If roughly 350 Americans continue to depart daily over the next week, the U.S. still will not successfully evacuate all American citizens. With eight calendar days remaining from Tuesday through Biden’s Aug. 31 deadline, and assuming the U.S. is able to continue roughly 350 American evacuations per day, some 5,200 U.S. citizens could be left stranded in the country.

https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/24/americans-evacuated-afghanistan-white-house-several-thousand-remain/

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 01:15:21 pm »
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 01:22:00 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 01:22:41 pm »

Ian Hanchett 24 Aug 2021

Well at least the General is sticking to the Public Affairs Guidance talking points that were sent out to all of us a couple days ago.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 01:27:36 pm »
Well at least the General is sticking to the Public Affairs Guidance talking points that were sent out to all of us a couple days ago.
"Get as many out as we possibly can" is approaching an honest answer, anyway.

Far more honest than the spew that has come from the POTUS podium.

This whole train wreck could have been avoided. High School prom committees could have done a better job of planning.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 01:28:46 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 01:35:25 pm »
"Get as many out as we possibly can" is approaching an honest answer, anyway.

Far more honest than the spew that has come from the POTUS podium.

This whole train wreck could have been avoided. High School prom committees could have done a better job of planning.

:yowsa: Without a doubt!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 01:35:48 pm »
Matt Couch
@RealMattCouch
·
14s
How long until the U.N. adds the Taliban to the Human Rights Council?
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 01:37:06 pm »
Vivian Salama
@vmsalama
·
2h
From the WH: From Aug 24 at 3:00 AM EDT to Aug 25 at 3:00 AM EDT, approx 19,000 people were evacuated from Kabul. This is the result of 42 US military flights (37 C-17s and 5 C-130s) which carried approximately 11,200 evacuees, and 48 coalition flights which carried 7,800 people.
Support the USO

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 01:37:17 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 01:38:09 pm »
Vivian Salama
@vmsalama
·
2h
From the WH: From Aug 24 at 3:00 AM EDT to Aug 25 at 3:00 AM EDT, approx 19,000 people were evacuated from Kabul. This is the result of 42 US military flights (37 C-17s and 5 C-130s) which carried approximately 11,200 evacuees, and 48 coalition flights which carried 7,800 people.
Doesn't say how many were Americans...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 01:39:53 pm »
Doesn't say how many were Americans...

Yeah, I noticed that too. 
I'm sure it was just an oversight.  /s
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 01:50:12 pm »
Whose bright idea was it to vacation in Afghanistan?
Dozens of California students, parents stranded in Afghanistan after summer trip abroad
By Cameron Jenkins - 08/25/21 09:07 AM EDT
The Hill

Dozens of California students and parents are stranded in Afghanistan after taking a summer trip to the country.

More than 20 students and 16 parents traveling from the Cajon Valley Union School District in El Cajon, Calif., visited Afghanistan on summer vacation. Now they are among thousands of people who are waiting to leave the country amid the chaotic U.S. withdrawal that caused political unrest across the nation, according to the LA Times. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2021, 01:52:43 pm »
Whose bright idea was it to vacation in Afghanistan?

I agree....what dumbass goes to Afghanistan for vacation.. 888mouth
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2021, 01:57:09 pm »
I agree....what dumbass goes to Afghanistan for vacation..
Let alone take a few dozen children with you. Incredible.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2021, 02:00:09 pm »
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
2h
White House last week: Over 11,000 Americans still in Afghanistan

Pentagon yesterday: 4,000 have been evacuated

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
2h
19,000 people evacuated from Kabul in last 24 hours. Over 80,000 since Aug. 14, including 4,000 Americans: Pentagon
Support the USO