Author Topic: ‘Optics appalling’: Harris mocked for lack of self-awareness after posting Asian trip photo  (Read 762 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Optics appalling’: Harris mocked for lack of self-awareness after posting Asian trip photo
August 22, 2021 | Jon Dougherty |

A photo Vice President Kamala Harris posted of her departing late Friday night for Asia is once again earning her derision and mocking online for its “lack of self-awareness” given the timing of her trip and the still-chaotic situation in Afghanistan.

Harris landed Sunday in the city-state of Singapore, located on the southern tip of Malaysia, on the first leg of a trip that will include a stopover in Vietnam. The purpose of the trip, according to reports, is to convey to both countries the Biden administration’s views regarding China’s rising influence and power in the region.

After departing Friday night, Harris landed for refueling stops aboard Air Force Two in Alaska and Japan before arriving in Singapore where she was met by Foreign Affairs Minister Vivian Balakrishnan.

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1428895176647454723

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/08/22/optics-appalling-harris-mocked-for-lack-of-self-awareness-after-posting-asian-trip-photo-1122718/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

It's scary to know Kamelass will be POTUS  before too long. Half of the American people are morons.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wish it was a one way ticket.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

She's trying and failing to look presidential.

She's part of this sh*tshow of an administration, no matter how far away she tries to run.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 01:59:15 pm by skeeter »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well at least she hasn't posed with a Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun. Yet.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well at least she hasn't posed with a Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun. Yet.

I heard Jane lent her an old PAVN helmet for the trip.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

But at least she didn't do mean Tweets.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wish it was a one way ticket.
She might take that up once she finds out prostitution is legal in Singapore and that Nancy will become President if Joe resigns and something unfortunate then happens to Kamala.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 03:39:13 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

It's scary to know Kamelass will be POTUS  before too long. Half of the American people are morons.

Should that happen, how much you wanna bet she refuses?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

She will ask if they can find someone else to be President and allow her to remain VP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

She will ask if they can find someone else to be President and allow her to remain VP.
My reading of the Constitution is that she would have to resign the VP first to make that happen as the VP is the first in line for succession
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

My reading of the Constitution is that she would have to resign the VP first to make that happen as the VP is the first in line for succession

It is never about what the Constitution says.  It is always about what the Democrat wants.  And that would be what Kamala wants.  As Joe Biden famously said, the best thing about being Vice President is that you don't have to do anything.  That's her gig, and she would rather keep that than be thrust into the Presidency and the accountability that goes with it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

It is never about what the Constitution says.  It is always about what the Democrat wants.  And that would be what Kamala wants.  As Joe Biden famously said, the best thing about being Vice President is that you don't have to do anything.  That's her gig, and she would rather keep that than be thrust into the Presidency and the accountability that goes with it.
That would be so blatantly unconstitutional I seriously doubt it would pass.

And I also believe the American people would demand a forceful person who understands the military and foreign affairs after the Biden debacle in Kabul.  Nancy does not fit that bill.

Offline dfwgator

And I also believe the American people would demand a forceful person who understands the military and foreign affairs after the Biden debacle in Kabul.  Nancy does not fit that bill.

You have a lot more faith in the American people than I do.

Online Hoodat

Oh, it wouldn't.  But these people aren't dealing with reality here.  Would you want to be the person who had to explain to Harris why the Constitution wouldn't allow it?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

You have a lot more faith in the American people than I do.

Just reading through the tweet thread shows the idiocy of many.  Scattered throughout are tweets defending Harris, with zero awareness of the current reality.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe biden and the democrat 100% lock-stepping machine are showing us and the world democrats should NEVER hold public office again in any meaningful way.  How many do you suppose are clueless vs those who are not?  Democrats have been hard at work recently tearing America apart by division-anarchy and proudly so, they just accomplished Afghanistan first.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

She can't refuse without resigning. It's not her choice to remain VP. You would have to be crazy to think Kamelass doesn't want to be POTUS. In case you forgot she did run to be POTUS.

Offline mountaineer

Kamala Harris laughs when a reporter starts to ask her about Americans trapped in Afghanistan

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1429456040043720708
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

She can't refuse without resigning. It's not her choice to remain VP. You would have to be crazy to think Kamelass doesn't want to be POTUS. In case you forgot she did run to be POTUS.

Time will tell if you’ll be right or if I’ll be right.   I also understand that she would have to completely resign from her vice president gig. One thing is for certain. The Democrats know they have a problem with her just as much as they have with President Biden

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

In case you forgot she did run to be POTUS.

She ran to be Vice President.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Kamala Harris laughs when a reporter starts to ask her about Americans trapped in Afghanistan

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1429456040043720708

She seems to go into a laugh whenever she gets nervous.  I read the comments on Twitter and I’m getting the sense some think she was laughing about the disaster in Afghanistan but I don’t get that at all when I watch the video.

It might be that attempt to create a more personable Kamala Harris but why she would think it would be not in the realm for reporters ask her about what right now is a major event happening

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 06:49:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

She seems to go into a laugh whenever she gets nervous.  I read the comments on Twitter and I’m getting the sense some think she was laughing about the disaster in Afghanistan but I don’t get that at all when I watch the video.

It might be that attempt to create a more personable Kamala Harris but why she would think it would be not in the realm for reporters ask her about what right now is a major event happening
Indeed, she was serious when she actually spoke about Afghanistan, but her reaction to the reporters' questions about Afghanistan was that obnoxious cackling.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

Indeed, she was serious when she actually spoke about Afghanistan, but her reaction to the reporters' questions about Afghanistan was that obnoxious cackling.

There should have been some awareness of the position we are currently in.  It would be like laughing at a funeral.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed predicts:
"I also believe the American people would demand a forceful person who understands the military and foreign affairs after the Biden debacle in Kabul.  Nancy does not fit that bill."

Name one democrat-communist who would "fit the bill".
Just one...