Author Topic: ‘Optics appalling’: Harris mocked for lack of self-awareness after posting Asian trip photo  (Read 761 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

But at least she didn't do mean Tweets.

Good work.   :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

Well at least she hasn't posed with a Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun. Yet.

Don't you mean with the Taliban and all our American  war equipment? 

Offline mountaineer

Stephanie Myers
@_StephanieMyers
Kamala Harris is in Singapore to address the global chip shortage.

After her trip there and to Vietnam, she will be campaigning for embattled California Gov. Gavin Newsom Friday.

Yet, chaos continues to ensue in Afghanistan.

But, she'll be busy campaigning in California.
7:38 AM · Aug 23, 2021·Twitter Web App
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I sailed predicts:
"I also believe the American people would demand a forceful person who understands the military and foreign affairs after the Biden debacle in Kabul.  Nancy does not fit that bill."

Name one democrat-communist who would "fit the bill".
Just one...
Colin Powell has that perception to the American people.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 02:49:03 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

There should have been some awareness of the position we are currently in.  It would be like laughing at a funeral.
I wonder whether we could ask the Taliban to take her as a hostage?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There should have been some awareness of the position we are currently in.  It would be like laughing at a funeral.
Well there are some.....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 06:09:42 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wrote:
"Colin Powell has that perception to the American people."

It's a perception that bears no relation to reality.
The guy was an affirmative-action perfumed general.
As Norman Swarzkopf once said of him, "he has no stomach for war".

But at least you got him pegged for membership in the correct political party.

Addendum:
How old is he, now, anyway...?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Quote:
Kamala Harris laughs when a reporter starts to ask her about Americans trapped in Afghanistan..  Kamala laughs at the peril thousands of Americans face as hostages of Biden's buddy Taliban.  Please keep in mind, Kamala just keeping it real on such a festive day the democrats, Taliban and world jihad openly celebrate with glee.  Such happy people over such American hostage terror!  Who knew it could make them all so happy?!
 ****slapping
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:02:03 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

I sailed wrote:
"Colin Powell has that perception to the American people."

It's a perception that bears no relation to reality.
The guy was an affirmative-action perfumed general.
As Norman Swarzkopf once said of him, "he has no stomach for war".

But at least you got him pegged for membership in the correct political party.

Addendum:
How old is he, now, anyway...?
I do not disagree with your assessment of Powell, although he did tell Obama not to do the surge in Afghanistan and Obama did it anyway.

You asked about someone whose perception would fly with the definition I gave, and he continues to be perceived that way, regardless.

Sorta like Biden being perceived as an advocate for the "little guy", it doesn't have to be reality, just perception.

Offline mountaineer

Harris ‘Well’ as She Departs Singapore After Lengthy Delay
By Jenny Leonard
August 24, 2021, 4:59 AM EDT Updated on August 24, 2021, 7:46 AM EDT

Vice president traveling to Vietnam in next leg of Asia visit
    Trip comes amid questions on U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan

Vice President Kamala Harris departed Singapore more than three hours hours late Tuesday as a top aide assured reporters she was in good health.

“She is well, all is fine,” spokeswoman Symone Sanders told reporters aboard Air Force Two, as the cause of the pushed-back departure remained unspecified.

“I do not have an update I can share with you right now,” Sanders said.

Harris had been scheduled to leave Singapore for Vietnam, the second leg of a trip to Southeast Asia, at 4 p.m. local time. Reporters traveling with the vice president were abruptly sent back to the Shangri-La hotel shortly after 3:30 p.m. local time after being loaded into vans for the planned departure from Paya Lebar Air Base. Her plane eventually took off at around 7:30 p.m. local time. ...
Bloomberg

The reporters had checked out of their rooms. They were sent back to a hotel to mill about the lobby, apparently.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Breaking news - Kamala Harris' flightfrom Singapore delayed by three hoursbecause of Havana Syndrome:VP's departure to Vietnam held back because of 'anomalous health incident' in Hanoi
Daily Mail/UK, August 24, 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9922433/Kamala-Harris-flight-Singapore-delayed-three-hours-Havana-Syndrome.html

Offline mountaineer

Wikipedia
Havana syndrome is a set of medical signs and symptoms reported by United States and Canadian embassy staff in Cuba dating back to late 2016 as well as subsequently in some other countries, including the United States, Austria and Germany.

In 2017, Donald Trump accused Cuba of perpetrating unspecified attacks causing these symptoms. The U.S. reduced staff at their embassy to a minimum in response. In 2018, U.S. diplomats in China reported problems similar to those reported in Cuba, as did undercover CIA agents working in other countries with partner agencies to counter Russian covert operations.

Subsequent studies of the affected diplomats in Cuba, published in the journal JAMA in 2018, found evidence that the diplomats experienced some form of brain injury, but did not determine the cause of the injuries. While there is no expert consensus on the cause of the symptoms, a co-author of the JAMA study considered microwave weapons to be "a main suspect" for the phenomenon. U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine expert committee concluded in December 2020 that microwave energy (specifically, directed pulsed RF energy) "appears to be the most plausible mechanism in explaining these cases among those that the committee considered" but that "each possible cause remains speculative."