Author Topic: Pentagon pressed on why British paratroopers leaving Kabul airport to rescue citizens but Americans  (Read 703 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pentagon pressed on why British paratroopers leaving Kabul airport to rescue citizens but Americans aren't
Maj. Gen/ Hank Taylor said 'our main mission continues to be to secure' the Kabul airport
By Sam Dorman | Fox News

The Pentagon was pressed Thursday to explain why the U.S. isn't rescuing Americans outside of the Kabul airport as the British are doing for their citizens.

At a press briefing, Fox News' Jennifer Griffin said: "General Taylor, British paratroopers are leaving the airport, going into Kabul to rescue and evacuate some of their citizens who are trapped [and] can't get to the airport because of the Taliban."

"Why isn't the U.S. doing that?" she asked.

Maj. Gen. Hank Taylor, who serves as deputy director of the Joint Staff Regional Operations, replied that the U.S.' focus was on securing Hamid Karzai International Airport (HKIA).

"At this time, our main mission continues to be to secure HKIA, to allow those American citizens and other SIVs to come in and be processed at the airfield."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-british-paratroopers-afghanistan-kabul-airport
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The 82nd isn't being allowed outside the gates of the airport and apparently the commander of the British troops and the American commander got into a bit of a shouting match over the lack of effort by the American soldiers to go outside the wire and assist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LMAO

This is absolutely embarrassing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Our government is more concerned with flooding the US with refugees than with getting Americans out.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is absolutely embarrassing

Sickening is more like it.

Makes me want to :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Our government is more concerned with flooding the US with refugees than with getting Americans out.
One might believe this is due to ROE, but it is more sinister.

The state dept is extorting money from them before they permit them to leave

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,445986.msg2479282.html#msg2479282
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:11:37 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When Bidenand his hand picked generals demand the civilians are on their own, what's a soldier to do?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online DB

Is this going to lead to a mass exodus of military personnel disgusted with their leadership?

Online Hoodat

Pentagon pressed on why British paratroopers leaving Kabul airport to rescue citizens but Americans aren't

Ask the Commander-in-Chief.  Heck, even the bloody French are sending vehicles out into Kabul to pick up people.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

After Biden proves America will abandon and betray the British soldiers and civilians, Americans are mystified as to why the allies that were betrayed no longer trust them.  Now doesn't that take a mega super genius to figure out!
 ****slapping 22222frying pan ****slapping

As dumb as Joe is portrayed to be, many Americas are proving they are just as dumb or dumber! (clueless)  No wonder Joe has to many clueless fooled and fooled so good!  Dementia is a cover and one he has fooled plenty with.  Some day history will ask ,how did American's get that stupid?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
When Bidenand his hand picked generals demand the civilians are on their own, what's a soldier to do?

Most of the Generals involved...to include Milley...were in place well before Biden was elected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Most of the Generals involved...to include Milley...were in place well before Biden was elected.

That's true but there wasn't a hell-of-a-lot to choose from after Obozo had decapitated the general staff.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
After Biden proves America will abandon and betray the British soldiers and civilians, Americans are mystified as to why the allies that were betrayed no longer trust them.  Now doesn't that take a mega super genius to figure out!
 ****slapping 22222frying pan ****slapping

As dumb as Joe is portrayed to be, many Americas are proving they are just as dumb or dumber! (clueless)  No wonder Joe has to many clueless fooled and fooled so good!  Dementia is a cover and one he has fooled plenty with.  Some day history will ask ,how did American's get that stupid?

100+ years of conditioning in our public indoctrination centers.   Next question.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The American government doesn't give a damn about the average citizens.  We are deplorable and expendible to the elites.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's true but there wasn't a hell-of-a-lot to choose from after Obozo had decapitated the general staff.

There are still good ones in the GO ranks and even potential GO material at the Colonel level.  But as I've pointed out before the selection process is corrupted to a certain extent by politics.  IIRC...you have to have a nomination put forth by a member of Congress to get a Star or an additional Star.

That means having a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee or someone who knows someone on that committee submit your name.

And depending on which senator puts forward a nomination determines what kind of General that person will be to a certain extent.

I miss the days when you didn't know the political preferences of the people leading you were.  That started really changing with Clinton and got worse with Obama.

Offline christian

Quote:

christian:
So we are to believe all the purging of the military, not long before the Afghanistan debacle, had nothing to do with nothing?  Haven't i made it clear, i'm not one of those easily deceived fools?  Dementia is a suckers deception to impress fools, not me either.  Our Republic is dying from fools that are too willing to fall for and believe the lies liars vend and their clever deceptions.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Quote:

christian:
So we are to believe all the purging of the military, not long before the Afghanistan debacle, had nothing to do with nothing?  Haven't i made it clear, i'm not one of those easily deceived fools?  Dementia is a suckers deception to impress fools, not me either.  Our Republic is dying from fools that are too willing to fall for and believe the lies liars vend and their clever deceptions.

What is this purging you're talking about.  Please link to a credible source of what you're talking about.

Otherwise you sound like your tinfoil hat needs to be re-wrapped.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Quote:

christian:

@christian I’m still waiting for you to back up this claim. 

BassWrangler

Because there's a huge leadership vaccum.

Online Hoodat

White House is reporting that choppers flew outside airport to rescue 169 Americans at a hotel.  This contradicts Biden's statement that US troops would not be going outside the wire because the Taliban told them not to.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Because there's a huge leadership vaccum.

Pretty much no leadership at all.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

White House is reporting that choppers flew outside airport to rescue 169 Americans at a hotel.  This contradicts Biden's statement that US troops would not be going outside the wire because the Taliban told them not to.

Further evidence that Biden is not calling the shots in the White Hut.

Offline libertybele

Because the Taliban told them not to??   9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Further evidence that Biden is not calling the shots in the White Hut.

Either that or the on ground commander decided to do his job and said screw the WH. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 12:35:23 am by txradioguy »

Offline LMAO

Because the Taliban told them not to??   9999hair out0000

Imagine FDR saying we didn’t invade Guadalcanal because the Japanese told us not to?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy