Author Topic: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2021, 05:38:44 am »
Reagan's America is no more.
America is still here, in some ways more than ever, but it's going to be hard for it to be heard over the idiots in Washington DC and the Media.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2021, 08:05:31 am »
This is incredibly scary.  If I were China I’d go after Taiwan right now.  Great time to attack us as well since there is no adult in charge.
some people deserve what is coming to them.
Don't call me because  FOOK you!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2021, 09:28:05 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline art.prout

« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2021, 09:50:11 am »
I haven't been able to follow the entire threads here on this topic, so pardon me if this point has already been made.

But it is pretty clear to me that the Resident is just following the plan as developed by his CCP masters.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2021, 12:21:13 pm »
I haven't been able to follow the entire threads here on this topic, so pardon me if this point has already been made.

But it is pretty clear to me that the Resident is just following the plan as developed by his CCP masters.

Agree @art.prout

« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 02:39:03 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2021, 12:41:42 pm »
Harris future VP has always worried me...they will ultimately be running the show.  I think you are correct...a younger version of Hillary. Jarret or Rice is my prediction.  Maybe Michael Obama.
It will not be a woman.  Two women at same time does not project strength to anybodyyyyyyy
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2021, 12:52:37 pm »

UK paratroopers are rescuing trapped British civilians…
Citizen Free Press, Aug 19, 2021

Daily Mail — State Dept tells all remaining Americans in Afghanistan to go to the airport NOW because troops can’t collect them and insists the Taliban will let them through

This is the gauntlet they face outside the airport…

Meanwhile, UK is taking care of business…

More:  https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/uk-paratroopers-are-rescuing-trapped-british-civilians/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »
It will not be a woman.  Two women at same time does not project strength to anybodyyyyyyy

Do you seriously believe that they give a damn about projecting strength?  These are the same people who gave us "lead from behind" as if that were a positive quality.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #261 on: August 19, 2021, 01:08:50 pm »
Taliban Militants Have Burnt Down An Amusement Park A Day After They Were Enjoying Rides
Indiatimes
Updated on Aug 18, 2021, 16:15 IST

Taliban militants have allegedly burnt down an amusement park a day after they were seen enjoying rides following the capture of Kabul.

The Taliban militants, some of them with weapons in hand, were seen enjoying a ride on the electric bumper cars in the videos. In another video, Taliban militants can be seen riding small merry-go-round horses.  ...

In the latest video doing the rounds on social media, an entire amusement park is seen burning with massive flames covering the area at night.  ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #262 on: August 19, 2021, 01:10:05 pm »

Unbelievable: Taliban Troll Biden On TWITTER By Posing With Ice Cream
Americans trapped in Afghanistan told ‘you’re on your own’

https://summit.news/2021/08/18/unbelievable-taliban-troll-biden-on-twitter-by-posing-with-ice-cream/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2021, 01:10:31 pm »

This is why I couldn't be a military officer.  If I'm an 82|AB commander, I am taking matters into my own hands by cooperating with UK commanders to rescue Americans and allies trapped throughout the city, knowing it will be the last orders I will ever be allowed to issue before getting court martialed.  Clearly, the US officers depicted in the exchange above are not willing to disobey the atrocious orders they are being handed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2021, 01:11:31 pm »
Do you seriously believe that they give a damn about projecting strength?  These are the same people who gave us "lead from behind" as if that were a positive quality.
No they do not, but even demented Dems realize they cannot get away with that type of optics.  Congress would not confirm that match under the circumstances we are now under.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 01:12:36 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2021, 01:48:45 pm »
Biden Says Taliban ‘Going Through Sort Of An Existential Crisis,’ Credits Them For Giving Americans ‘Safe Passage’

President Joe Biden said the Taliban is “going through sort of an existential crisis” and credited the group for giving Americans “safe passage” to get out of Afghanistan, during an interview that aired Thursday.

Biden sat down with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos in what marked his first time answering questions from the press since the Taliban overtook Afghanistan. Stephanopoulos asked the president whether he believes the Taliban has changed, prompting Biden to declare “no” before clarifying his answer.

“Let me put it this way,” the president said. “I think they’re going through sort of an existential crisis about do they want to be recognized by the international community as being a legitimate government. I’m not sure they do.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/19/joe-biden-taliban-existential-crisis-safe-passage-afghanistan-abc-news-george-stephanopoulos/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2021, 02:03:37 pm »
Afghan blame game deepens: While Biden points his finger at Trump and the Pentagon and CIA turn on each other, will ANYONE take responsibility for this deadly debacle?

Joe Biden on Monday said the Afghan army had failed to defend their country
    Biden's comments were echoed by Lloyd Austin, the Secretary of Defense
    Biden also said that he had 'inherited' the plan from Donald Trump
    Trump blamed Biden for the chaos, and said he would have been smoother
    On Wednesday General Mark Milley said a failure of intelligence was to blame
    Yet intelligence sources told The New York Times they warned of the dangers
    Within the State Department, fingers were pointed at the Afghanistan experts
    Some said the Biden administration had simply not wanted to anger the GOP
    They argued that fears of a backlash against evacuations prevented a plan

By Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com

Published: 22:19 EDT, 18 August 2021 | Updated: 01:17 EDT, 19 August 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9906919/Biden-points-finger-Trump-Afghan-army-Pentagon-CIA-aim-other.html
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2021, 02:08:39 pm »
I sailed wrote:
"It will not be a woman.  Two women at same time does not project strength to anybodyyyyyyy"

If two women do not project strength, how can ONE woman "project" any "strength"?

Your original statement illustrates why women should NEVER be permitted to hold a position of power in government, at almost any level.

How many women do we see in the taliban?
Who WON over there? Against "the greatest armed forces in the world"?

Call me a misogynist. I don't care what you think.

« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2021, 02:20:13 pm »
HELP ME; A little Afghan girl is lifted over the wall to U.S. soldiers amid chaos and crowds Kabul airport. 8-19-2021

https://rumble.com/embed/visaxr/?pub=4
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 02:37:45 pm by mystery-ak »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2021, 02:27:28 pm »
Afghan women defy the Taliban on second day of protests as thousands take to the streets waving the national flag to mark Afghan independence day - after Islamists killed three demonstrators yesterday

Afghans defied Taliban by flying national flags instead of Islamists' white emblem to mark independence day
    Women led marches through Kabul, as demonstrations took place in Khost, Kunar and Nangarhar provinces
    Taliban responded with beatings and shootings that left at least one hurt, despite pledge to be 'moderate'
    Comes a day after three were shot dead by the Taliban for waving national flags as a symbol of resistance

By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 10:21 EDT, 19 August 2021 | Updated: 10:21 EDT, 19 August 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9908641/Women-lead-resistance-Taliban-Afghan-independence-day.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
Support the USO