Author Topic: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 8539 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Live Thread 2: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2021, 10:26:03 pm »
This is incredibly scary.  If I were China I’d go after Taiwan right now.  Great time to attack us as well since there is no adult in charge.

Online libertybele

« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2021, 10:30:59 pm »
This is incredibly scary.  If I were China I’d go after Taiwan right now.  Great time to attack us as well since there is no adult in charge.

Yes, I am honestly frightened because there truly isn't anyone in charge right now.  What are our 535 members of Congress doing?? Have they no authority to do anything in this situation?  I am asking because I honestly don't know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2021, 10:39:02 pm »
Will the Chinese treat the native Hawaiians the way the native Hawaiians treat whites?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2021, 10:39:41 pm »
Will the Chinese treat the native Hawaiians the way the native Hawaiians treat whites?
'

Well at least the Chinese didn't overthrow the legal Hawaiian Monarchy like we did.

Online libertybele

« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2021, 10:46:22 pm »

@mrpotatohead  9-11 is just around the corner.  I keep praying for a miracle for this Republic!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2021, 10:48:41 pm »
Are we being setup?
We all know Milley is a hard core green hair Democrat Activist.
What if he was ordered to take the fall for Biden/Pelosi/Hillary/Schumer?
This stupid Milley fool didn't have anything to do with anything.
He could never make an actual decision on anything at all.
He is just a patsy. Biden (or the people controlling him) made Milley the "fall guy" in their corner.
Nothing but a stupid Leftist fool, who will go down in history as the worst 'general' ever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2021, 10:57:10 pm »
   I dedicate this Country song to bidet:

Chris Knight - It Ain't Easy Being Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wvMNu15Uwo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2021, 11:15:22 pm »
Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
 · 12m
BREAKING: Biden says he will use federal govt to go after governors trying to block school mask mandates.
He forgets it was the states who created the feds to serve the states, not visa versa
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2021, 11:17:14 pm »
He forgets it was the states who created the feds to serve the states, not visa versa

And he has plenty of company!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #236 on: August 19, 2021, 12:44:26 am »

https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/1428101079997296648

I am blown away that ABC chose to air that.  And that's even after editing out all the embarrassing parts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2021, 01:28:42 am »
My theory. Biden will resign, Kamala will name Hillary VP and then Kamala steps down.
Perhaps, but Hillary is old and do not think the American public would embrace someone who already lost once in an election and has the track record such as Benghazi under her belt.

2 women at the top would not be seen to be much of a threat to China or others, either.

That VP who will step in will be a Hillary-type of clone, competent and evil, but younger and can be seen to provide 'gravitas' to Harris.

It worries me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 01:29:32 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2021, 02:20:35 am »
U.S. and I.M.F. Apply a Financial Squeeze on the Taliban

NY Times By Eshe Nelson and Alan Rappeport

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/18/business/afghan-central-bank.html

Most of the Afghan central bank’s reserves are frozen at the Federal Reserve. And the International Monetary Fund will block more than $400 million in aid.

Despite the chaotic end to its presence in Afghanistan, the United States still has control over billions of dollars belonging to the Afghan central bank, money that Washington is making sure remains out of the reach of the Taliban.

About $7 billion of the central bank’s $9 billion in foreign reserves are held by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the former acting governor of the Afghan central bank said Wednesday, and the Biden administration has already moved to block access to that money.

The Taliban’s access to the other money could also be restricted by the long reach of American sanctions and influence. The central bank has $1.3 billion in international accounts, some of it euros and British pounds in European banks, the former official, Ajmal Ahmady, said in an interview on Wednesday. Remaining reserves are held by the Swiss-based Bank for International Settlements, he added.

Mr. Ahmady said earlier on Wednesday that the Taliban had already been asking central bank officials about where the money was.

“We can say the accessible funds to the Taliban are perhaps 0.1-0.2% of Afghanistan’s total international reserves,” he wrote on Twitter. “Not much.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #239 on: August 19, 2021, 02:25:37 am »
Perhaps, but Hillary is old and do not think the American public would embrace someone who already lost once in an election and has the track record such as Benghazi under her belt.

2 women at the top would not be seen to be much of a threat to China or others, either.

That VP who will step in will be a Hillary-type of clone, competent and evil, but younger and can be seen to provide 'gravitas' to Harris.

It worries me.

Harris future VP has always worried me...they will ultimately be running the show.  I think you are correct...a younger version of Hillary. Jarret or Rice is my prediction.  Maybe Michael Obama.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2021, 02:37:00 am »
Harris future VP has always worried me...they will ultimately be running the show.  I think you are correct...a younger version of Hillary. Jarret or Rice is my prediction.  Maybe Michael Obama.
Whoever is chosen has to be confirmed by both the house and the senate and given the 50/50 split in the senate with no VP to cast tie breaker vote, wonder what will happen?  I think extremists in this atmosphere will not make it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #241 on: August 19, 2021, 02:37:17 am »
Biden State Dept Moved to Abolish Crisis Response Bureau Months Before Taliban Takeover of Afghanistan

Adam Kredo • August 18, 2021 4:00 pm

The Biden State Department moved in June to cancel a program overseeing the protection and evacuation of American citizens stationed overseas in the case of an emergency, just as the Taliban was taking over Afghanistan, according to an internal State Department memo obtained by the Washington Free Beacon and multiple sources familiar with the matter.

The Biden State Department moved to dissolve the Trump-era crisis response program, according to an internal State Department memo and sources familiar with the matter. That memo, which was marked sensitive but unclassified and was signed by Deputy Secretary Brian McKeon, approved the "discontinuation of the establishment, and termination of, the Contingency and Crisis Response Bureau (CCR)," a new State Department entity created during the Trump administration to coordinate emergency response services overseas.  .  .  .

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-state-dept-moved-to-abolish-crisis-response-bureau-months-before-taliban-takeover-of-afghanistan/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #242 on: August 19, 2021, 02:41:29 am »
Whoever is chosen has to be confirmed by both the house and the senate and given the 50/50 split in the senate with no VP to cast tie breaker vote, wonder what will happen?  I think extremists in this atmosphere will not make it.

It will come down to the classic race struggle~clintons/obummers
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2021, 02:55:45 am »
I am still trying to figure out if biteme told any of our allies what he was going to do or did he leave them in a lurch.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2021, 03:00:41 am »
Problem with Kamala is that she's absolutely mentally unstable, worse than Biden in some ways.

I don't want her as President any more than I want Skeezy Joe.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2021, 03:03:25 am »
I am still trying to figure out if biteme told any of our allies what he was going to do or did he leave them in a lurch.

With the response Merkle gave I think he left them in a lurch.

Offline Hoodat

Online libertybele

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #248 on: August 19, 2021, 04:00:13 am »
We have no honor! IF there is anyone in the world anywhere who still trusts us it will surprise me.

@Bigun

WE don't trust "us" anymore. Why should a foreigner?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2021, 05:18:34 am »
Reagan's America is no more.