Author Topic: Live Thread: The Fall of Afghanistan  (Read 11269 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Live Thread: The Fall of Afghanistan
« Reply #875 on: August 18, 2021, 01:21:35 am »
Ryan Saavedra
@RealSaavedra
·
18m
The only opinions that really matter when it comes to Afghanistan are those who have or are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and nearly all of them are enraged at Biden and think he is a damn fool.

yep

Amen!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #876 on: August 18, 2021, 01:24:08 am »
Dinesh D'Souza
@DineshDSouza
·
5h
How can Biden blame Trump? 1. He chose to go ahead and withdraw, when he had other options. 2. He created and oversaw the withdrawal plan. 3. He and his team executed the plan. The Biden administration must now live with the consequences of its own actions #Afghanistan

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2021, 03:39:13 am »
Bringing in Taliban, called refugees.  You want to wear a burqa?   Live under sharia law?  We already have thousands of muslim living in America.  IN CONGRESS.  ATTORNEYS.....JUDGES.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2021, 03:51:07 am »
Bringing in Taliban, called refugees.  You want to wear a burqa?   Live under sharia law?  We already have thousands of muslim living in America.  IN CONGRESS.  ATTORNEYS.....JUDGES.

@LegalAmerican

I couldn't agree more. The ONLY exceptions should be for people like interperors and their immediate families. They worked with US combat forces on operations,and their knowledge and efforts saved US lives while putting their own lives on the line.

This includes the female Muslims that worked with US forces to interrogate and search Muslim women who were suspects.

Muslims that just worked for US corporations or as laborers inside base camps should NOT be allowed inside the US.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #879 on: August 18, 2021, 04:03:26 am »
@LegalAmerican

I couldn't agree more. The ONLY exceptions should be for people like interperors and their immediate families. They worked with US combat forces on operations,and their knowledge and efforts saved US lives while putting their own lives on the line.

This includes the female Muslims that worked with US forces to interrogate and search Muslim women who were suspects.

Muslims that just worked for US corporations or as laborers inside base camps should NOT be allowed inside the US.

If they are muslims, you cannot trust them.  A veteran talks about this. Middle East person, is ok.  NOT MUSLIMS.
Their #1 command is to do jihad.  Nonie Darwish, has the full sharia law list.  I posted it on here, somewhere.
 Tucker has this VETERAN TALK ABOUT a muslim, that was helping them, for a year, till he did a jihad on his platoon. Go a little past half way, in Video.  I believe him.  About 3:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqzEhbAWCHM

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2021, 04:15:42 am »
Biden's speech on Afghanistan fact-checked

Reality Check team   |   BBC News   |   Published16 hours ago

In his speech on Monday evening, President Joe Biden made a series of assertions about US policy in Afghanistan and the reasons behind his decision to withdraw forces from the country.

BBC News has fact-checked some of his claims, comparing them with his earlier statements on Afghanistan and the situation on the ground.  .  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/58243158

BBC nails him on four lies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2021, 04:44:42 am »
That Taliban talks.....about our censorship.   Zuckerberg.  Facebook. DORSEY.

https://twitter.com/MLiamMcCollum/status/1427658106054406149?s=20

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2021, 07:31:55 am »
When we have to send in 7,000 troops to secure a relatively small location....there is a major issue.

I am praying for all of our military, citizens and our Afghan helpers...but I'm not hopeful. I hope I'm wrong.
Same here, @berdie
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2021, 07:36:48 am »
Trish Regan
@trish_regan
·
30s
“Forced marriages” is a nice way of saying RAPE.

Do not sugar coat what is happening to women in Afghanistan now.

Joe Biden and his administration are INEXCUSABLE.

And no one has even mentioned (female) genital mutilation....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2021, 12:17:27 pm »
72 hours at Camp David: Inside Biden's lagging response to the fall of Afghanistan

Chron by Ashley Parker, Tyler Pager and Annie Linskey, The Washington Post 8/17/2021

https://www.chron.com/news/article/72-hours-at-Camp-David-Inside-Biden-s-lagging-16391851.php

Criticism of Biden's handling of the exit came from all sides. Ian Bremmer, the president of Eurasia Group, a global risk consultancy, described the situation as a "failed execution on a foreign policy issue that is bigger than anything I've seen as a political scientist in decades," and said he was "deeply surprised and disappointed with how badly they mishandled this."

Bremmer said the United States failed in four major ways in drawing down its military presence in Afghanistan: intelligence, coordination, planning and communication. He said the Biden administration overestimated the Afghan military's capabilities, failed to work with American allies to formulate an exit strategy, did not seem to have contingency plans in place for a rapid collapse of the Afghan government and failed to communicate effectively with the American people.

"This is the sort of thing you would have expected under Trump but not under Biden - the unilateralism," Bremmer said, referring to former president Donald Trump. "We were fighting alongside our allies for two decades and this is a team operation, but the policy review that the Biden team did to make these decisions, they did by themselves. They didn't do with the allies at all, which I think is a huge mistake."

A White House official said that Biden's decision to withdraw troops was rooted in his long-articulated conviction that he would not be the president to send more U.S. troops to die in an endless war in a faraway nation whose own citizens were unwilling or unable to fight for themselves, and that the past 72 hours had only underscored the wisdom of his decision.

This person argued that the administration had planned for every contingency and always knew that Kabul could fall to Taliban control - albeit not necessarily as quickly as it did. They also pointed to the 6,000 U.S. troops that have been deployed to Afghanistan to help secure the airport and assist with the evacuation of American citizens and Afghan nationals.

A senior administration official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share sensitive details, said the National Security Council met 36 times at both the deputies and principals level since Biden's announcement in April that the country planned to fully withdraw U.S. forces from Afghanistan. Those meetings, this person said, included discussions on everything from relocating Afghan allies and securing the U.S. Embassy in Kabul.

An Aug. 6 exercise, led by the Pentagon, looked at "significantly negative case scenarios," including "a noncombatant evacuation operation" of the sort the administration has been carrying out in recent days, this person said. The person added that although the security situation in Afghanistan unraveled with stunning speed that officials did not anticipate, the administration has not faced a true worst-case scenario of having to fight its way in or out of the U.S. Embassy compound to evacuate government officials.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2021, 12:42:05 pm »
Biden's speech on Afghanistan fact-checked

Reality Check team   |   BBC News   |   Published16 hours ago

In his speech on Monday evening, President Joe Biden made a series of assertions about US policy in Afghanistan and the reasons behind his decision to withdraw forces from the country.

BBC News has fact-checked some of his claims, comparing them with his earlier statements on Afghanistan and the situation on the ground.  .  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/58243158

BBC nails him on four lies.

@Hoodat

THAT had to have been painful.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #890 on: August 18, 2021, 12:58:41 pm »
Trish Regan
@trish_regan
·
30s
“Forced marriages” is a nice way of saying RAPE.

Do not sugar coat what is happening to women in Afghanistan now.

Joe Biden and his administration are INEXCUSABLE.

@trish_reagan

@mystery-ak

"NOW"????????

How about "ever since that child rapist created Islam and took over the entire area?

I am not likely to ever be called a Biden fan,but there is no way in hell that he or anyone but Mohammed the Worst created Islam.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #891 on: August 18, 2021, 01:02:52 pm »
Females between the ages of 12 and 40 are being rounded up and "married" to Taliban fighters. They are being trafficked for sex. They are being raped. Many will be killed.

@mountaineer
t been happening ever since "Islam,Day One".

And let's not forget the totally acceptable rape of little boys.

ISLAM is responsible for this,not any western politician. If you want to stop it,you have to stop a religion hundreds of years old.

Good luck with that. The only way to do it is to kill off the entire population of the Muddle East,and even then chances are you will not be succussful because you are trying to kill a superstition/religious belief,and not a human.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #892 on: August 18, 2021, 06:33:43 pm »
72 hours at Camp David: Inside Biden's lagging response to the fall of Afghanistan

Chron by Ashley Parker, Tyler Pager and Annie Linskey, The Washington Post 8/17/2021

https://www.chron.com/news/article/72-hours-at-Camp-David-Inside-Biden-s-lagging-16391851.php
"This is the sort of thing you would have expected under Trump but not under Biden - the unilateralism," Bremmer said, referring to former president Donald Trump. "We were fighting alongside our allies for two decades and this is a team operation, but the policy review that the Biden team did to make these decisions, they did by themselves. They didn't do with the allies at all, which I think is a huge mistake."

Oh, bullsh*t. Trump was/is a businessman. Any multilateral event has to be coordinated in business, as well as military actions, and Trump knows this.

Biden has never had a real job.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #894 on: August 18, 2021, 11:28:48 pm »
Yes. I was making a point that they did things backwards ... they should have sent in 7,000 troops to secure the airport and get everyone out and then let Kabul fall to the Taliban.

Forgive me @libertybele . I'm usually better at reading and understanding posts. This whole thing has made me a little koo-koo.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #895 on: August 18, 2021, 11:37:07 pm »

Forgive me @libertybele . I'm usually better at reading and understanding posts. This whole thing has made me a little koo-koo.

No worries. No need to apologize.  This whole thing has most of us a little koo-koo. Myself included. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2021, 12:00:47 am »
i join the militia, when I was 18. Spent most of my life, guns and bombs and who knows whatever may come.
I am nothing but lucky, one in a million shot
I would never ever ... never ever ... sign up for the military today.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2021, 12:10:08 am »
Oh, bullsh*t. Trump was/is a businessman. Any multilateral event has to be coordinated in business, as well as military actions, and Trump knows this.

Biden has never had a real job.

They can NEVER stop lying about POTUS TRUMP..or stop invoking his name.  SMEARING NEVER STOPS. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRRp5Guw7Q

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2021, 12:16:59 am »
They can NEVER stop lying about POTUS TRUMP..or stop invoking his name.  SMEARING NEVER STOPS. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhRRp5Guw7Q

I wonder if Jason Kessler is a relative?  Jason is who did, OWS, (FOR Soros) and the phony Charlottesville  'attack', for SOROS.  BOTH SIDES WERE CREATED BY SOROS.