Author Topic: Longest war: Were America’s decades in Afghanistan worth it?  (Read 375 times)

Offline libertybele

Longest war: Were America’s decades in Afghanistan worth it?

Here’s what 19-year-old Lance Cpl. William Bee felt flying into southern Afghanistan on Christmas Day 2001: purely lucky. The U.S. was hitting back at the al-Qaida plotters who had brought down the World Trade Center, and Bee found himself among the first Marines on the ground.

“Excitement,” Bee says these days, of the teenage Bee’s thoughts then. “To be the dudes that got to open it up first.”

In the decade that followed, three more deployments in America’s longest war scoured away that lucky feeling.

For Bee, it came down to a night in 2008 in Afghanistan’s Helmand province. By then a sergeant, Bee held the hand of an American sniper who had just been shot in the head, as a medic sliced open the man’s throat for an airway.

“After that it was like, you know what — ‘F—k these people,’” Bee recounted, of what drove him by his fourth and final Afghan deployment. “I just want to bring my guys back. That’s all I care about. I want to bring them home.”........

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-middle-east-afghanistan-8d6d6d9e1e7cddbd49caf0b52a40c2e8
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Longest war: Were America’s decades in Afghanistan worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 09:30:40 pm »
For 20 years, it has prevented terrorists from using Afghanistan as a global base, which was the only purpose of the mission from 2001 to 2008.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 10:39:52 pm »
No.

That's my answer.
Nothing follows.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 10:43:35 pm »
No.

That's my answer.
Nothing follows.

Remember your answer when the next 9/11 event happens because Taliban terrorists with the full blessing of the new Afghan Jihadist government got hold of some Pakistani nuke.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 10:46:18 pm »
For 20 years, it has prevented terrorists from using Afghanistan as a global base, which was the only purpose of the mission from 2001 to 2008.

Obsolete.  Now they have Portland and Chitcago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 10:53:37 pm »
I will abstain. Ask the guys who were there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 10:54:31 pm »

And Dearbornistan!
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 11:59:45 pm »
And Dearbornistan!

Indeed.  Dearborn used to be a decent area and I used to work for FoMoCo headquarters there years ago.  It's such a shame, a lot of history in that area has been ruined and is now a schitzhole. For that matter, I wouldn't move back to Michigan if you paid me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 12:59:15 am »
Remember your answer when the next 9/11 event happens because Taliban terrorists with the full blessing of the new Afghan Jihadist government got hold of some Pakistani nuke.
Um, I'm with @Fishrrman on this, it's not that we shouldn't have responded it's twenty years of our soldiers lives, blood, limbs and sanity that was totally not worth it. Today we have, and have had, the means to keep track of these animals and destroy them without losing one hair of one soldier let alone a life. They get new leaders we drone them to allah, build a new training base? wait till they have a nice group of fanatics and obliterate it. Wash, rinse, repeat. As for some terrorist getting a Pakistani nuke? They don't need a base or presence in Afghanistan or Iraq for that to be a risk.  I recall from the start it was we are fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here, and apparently we should stay there forever spending our children's lives and our taxes to prop up and save people that have shown no desire to save themselves?

No, no more! Let other countries step up and pay the cost in lives, no more American lives on the ground. It's time to shift to death and destruction of  mutthommad's boy's from the sky. And the only problem I see is the democrats traitorous actions of keeping our borders wide open to allow the terrorists open access to America. We need a border wall, but not like Trump was building, it was better than nothing but we need a wall like Israel's and our troops manning it not dying in someone else's country fighting someone else's religious war.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 01:12:21 am »

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 01:17:22 am »
I will abstain. Ask the guys who were there.

Excellent comment.  I  personally don't like HIND SIGHT questions.  Everybody has an answer then, but NOT BEFORE.  This is one of those, coulda, shoulda, whoulda  questions.  My pet peeves.  Nothing is resolved, or changed. Just my issue. 
Like, 'Could this have been prevented'?  Could more have been saved.. if'?   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 01:23:12 am »
Um, I'm with @Fishrrman on this, it's not that we shouldn't have responded it's twenty years of our soldiers lives, blood, limbs and sanity that was totally not worth it. Today we have, and have had, the means to keep track of these animals and destroy them without losing one hair of one soldier let alone a life. They get new leaders we drone them to allah, build a new training base? wait till they have a nice group of fanatics and obliterate it. Wash, rinse, repeat. As for some terrorist getting a Pakistani nuke? They don't need a base or presence in Afghanistan or Iraq for that to be a risk.  I recall from the start it was we are fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here, and apparently we should stay there forever spending our children's lives and our taxes to prop up and save people that have shown no desire to save themselves?

No, no more! Let other countries step up and pay the cost in lives, no more American lives on the ground. It's time to shift to death and destruction of  mutthommad's boy's from the sky. And the only problem I see is the democrats traitorous actions of keeping our borders wide open to allow the terrorists open access to America. We need a border wall, but not like Trump was building, it was better than nothing but we need a wall like Israel's and our troops manning it not dying in someone else's country fighting someone else's religious war.

Jeh Johnson a muslim and black, has been made head of DHS again by biden. Jeh was the head under obama. Lloyd Austin  is a woke general, who is sec. of defense, and supports BLM and gays, and black pushes c.r.t. on soldiers, is purging all conservatives from military.
Forcing military to get vaccines with or without FDA approval.

https://banned.video/watch?id=611845d24d3ef950d2c4e4f1

« Last Edit: August 15, 2021, 01:24:38 am by LegalAmerican »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2021, 01:40:45 am »

Jeh Johnson a muslim and black, has been made head of DHS again by biden. Jeh was the head under obama. Lloyd Austin  is a woke general, who is sec. of defense, and supports BLM and gays, and black pushes c.r.t. on soldiers, is purging all conservatives from military.
Forcing military to get vaccines with or without FDA approval.

Mayorkas is gone?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2021, 02:12:37 am »
Jeh Johnson is the one who put kids in cages.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2021, 02:30:52 am »
Mayorkas is gone?

Opposition To COVID Measures Defined As Terrorism By Biden DHS. (That is the same muslim, obama had as head oF DHS. )

·
Aug 14, 2021

Fauci wants us to take BOOSTER shots forever!