Author Topic: Why the Left Needs Ron DeSantis to Fail  (Read 77 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why the Left Needs Ron DeSantis to Fail
« on: August 15, 2021, 12:25:14 am »
Why the Left Needs Ron DeSantis to Fail

There is a reason why the Left needs Governor Ron DeSantis to fail. And it isn’t just about the 2024 presidential election.

Sure, given that DeSantis has the potential to unite the Trumpist and traditional Republican wings of the party, Democrats would much rather have him go down in flames in the 2022 governor’s race. Otherwise, they may have to take their chances against him with a nearly 82-year-old President Joe Biden or a deeply unpopular Vice President Kamala Harris. But politics alone cannot explain the level of hysterical obsession that out-of-state liberals have developed for the Florida governor.

Since early in the pandemic, liberals have been eager to portray DeSantis as a reckless sociopath — warning that he was the Grim Reaper, the kind of charlatan who puts “owning the libs” ahead of protecting people’s lives. When predictions of mass death arising from opening schools or the beaches did not materialize last year, his critics resorted to promoting the lies of a former health department dashboard manager, Rebekah Jones, to claim that the state’s COVID-19 statistics were manipulated.

So if not for politics, what explains the overblown reaction to DeSantis?

The deeper reason the Left is so eager to see DeSantis fail is that they don’t want to believe that they disrupted over a year of their lives following restrictions that may turn out to have been unnecessary..............

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/08/why-the-left-needs-ron-desantis-to-fail/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=river&utm_content=featured-content-trending&utm_term=third
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.