Author Topic: Lie of credit — American Express tells its workers capitalism is racist  (Read 147 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
New York Post By Christopher F. Rufo 8/11/2021

American Express, which made a $2.3 billion profit last quarter, invited the great-grandson of the Nation of Islam’s founder to tell its employees that capitalism is evil.

It was part of the credit card giant’s critical race theory training program, which asks workers to deconstruct their racial and sexual identities, then rank themselves on a hierarchy of “privilege.”

According to a trove of documents I’ve reviewed, AmEx executives created an internal “Anti-Racism Initiative” after George Floyd’s death last year, subjecting employees to a training program based on the core CRT tenets, including intersectionality, which reduces individuals to a tangle of racial, gender and sexual identities that determine whether he is an “oppressor” or “oppressed” in a given situation.

In a foundational session, the outside consulting firm Paradigm trained AmEx employees to deconstruct their own intersectional identities, mapping their “race, sexual orientation, body type, religion, disability status, age, gender identity [and] citizenship” onto an official company worksheet.

Employees could then determine whether they have “privilege” or are members of a “marginalized group”: White males presumably end up in the oppressor position, while racial and sexual minorities are considered oppressed.

More: https://nypost.com/2021/08/11/american-express-tells-its-workers-capitalism-is-racist/

Offline Kamaji

So, were any of those worksheets private, or were they all collected by the company afterward?

Rhetorical question, I know.  HR took the data, noted which few individuals refused to play the game in their own self-abasement, and is preparing negative performance reviews for them now as a prelude to a firing.

Offline cato potatoe

I've never understood why merchants took AMEX.  Their fees are outlandish.