Author Topic: The Silent Majority is Going to Get Loud  (Read 192 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Silent Majority is Going to Get Loud
« on: August 13, 2021, 12:07:18 pm »
American Thinker by  John Green 8/13/2021

When government fails to act in the interests of its citizens, it’s their duty to take action.  For 20+ years, the United States has seen failure of government through unrestricted illegal immigration, one-sided trade deals, uncontrolled spending, and failed foreign policy.

Predictably this has created a seething anger within the American citizenry.  As was their duty, the citizens took action -- at the ballot box.  They elected Donald Trump in 2016.  President Trump didn’t create the anger, the anger created him.

While he made substantial strides in response to their grievances, his time in office was too short to fully institutionalize the necessary course corrections -- particularly with unprecedented resistance from the Deep State.  The grievances of the citizenry remain unresolved.

Unfortunately, avenues of redress have continued to close.  Our institutions are no longer providing equal protection, our freedom of expression has been curtailed, and even our vote has been undermined.  These factors brought us to our current state -- a level of political tension not seen in generations.  Traditional avenues of redress are under attack.

The United States has a heritage of civil protest as a means to effect political change.  However, even prior to the Trump era, legacy media has used gaslighting to undermine the protest messages.  Tea Party protesters were called racists and domestic terrorists.  Trump rally attendees were called white supremacists.  Peaceful protests have been called violent uprisings while violent protests (by BLM and Antifa) have been called “mostly peaceful.”  The media have effectively used propaganda to crush political expression.  They are attempting to impugn the speakers to discredit the message.

In recent years, suppression of expression has taken another alarming turn -- outright censorship. Divergent political views, and even legitimate news stories, are being suppressed by legacy news media, Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and other social media sites.  Some have argued that as private companies they may censor content at their discretion.  However, these social media companies have become the new town squares.  Their control over information goes far beyond that of a private company merely expressing its opinion.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/08/the_silent_majority_is_going_to_get_loud.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Silent Majority is Going to Get Loud
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 12:18:21 pm »
I think the author is correct on all counts, and that's where we are headed. I also think that's what the Dems/Marxists/Communists want, so they can claim victimhood because of those eeevil right-wing extreemists.

All I can say, is if the voice is to be loud enough, we all need to be heard. It is no time to sit back and wait to see which way the wind is blowing but must be the shout of the multitude.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 12:53:11 pm »
I think the author is correct on all counts, and that's where we are headed. I also think that's what the Dems/Marxists/Communists want, so they can claim victimhood because of those eeevil right-wing extreemists.

All I can say, is if the voice is to be loud enough, we all need to be heard. It is no time to sit back and wait to see which way the wind is blowing but must be the shout of the multitude.
For my part, I am sending messages to my representative Gohmert and my Senator Cruz to continue to fight, and to Cornyn to stop being a RINO.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 12:55:58 pm »
For my part, I am sending messages to my representative Gohmert and my Senator Cruz to continue to fight, and to Cornyn to stop being a RINO.
I have already excoriated Hoeven and Cramer for their votes to move the 1 T "infrastructure package" ahead. Proposals in that Bill will hurt EVERY North Dakotan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis