Author Topic: Simone Biles withdraws from vault and bars, may still compete on floor and beam  (Read 770 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Simone Biles withdraws from vault and bars, may still compete on floor and beam
MyKayla Skinner, who had the fourth highest score in vault during qualifications, will compete in vault finals in her place for the U.S. alongside Jade Carey

By Brie Stimson | Fox News

American gymnast Simone Biles has withdrawn from the vault and uneven bars event finals at the Tokyo Olympics, USA Gymnastics said Saturday.

Earlier, the superstar withdrew from the team competition after one rotation and chose not to compete in the individual all-around, citing her mental health.

"After further consultation with medical staff" Biles withdrew from the two events and will continue to be evaluated for the balance beam and floor exercise finals, USA Gymnastics said in its statement about the bars and vault. "We remain in awe of Simone, who continues to handle this situation with courage and grace, and all of the athletes who have stepped up during these unexpected circumstances."

https://twitter.com/USAGym/status/1421281778505973760

more
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/simone-biles-withdraws-vault-bars-floor-beam-mykayla-skinner

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

“We remain in awe of Simone…”

Of course you do.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Legacy sullied.  Who cares.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
She can't *mentally* do vault and bars but can do floor and beam  :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“We remain in awe of Simone…”

Of course you do.

Watching her is like a religious experience. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sorry, but my "Give a Shit" about Olympics broke down decades ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Just asking a question,  what if Simone wasn't black?

Offline skeeter

She can't *mentally* do vault and bars but can do floor and beam  :shrug:
... until it looks like she may not win the gold. Then she'll suffer another mental attack totally outside of her control.

Gotta maintain that awesome reputation.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Sorry, but my "Give a Shit" about Olympics broke down decades ago.

You mean you are taking a hard pass on watching the trans BMX rider who wanted to burn the US flag at the podium?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You mean you are taking a hard pass on watching the trans BMX rider who wanted to burn the US flag at the podium?

My GAS broke when all they would cover live were "performance sports," where winners and losers are picked by judges, not by hard measures like team sports scores and times.  I've had GFs that would take time off work so they can watch Gymnastics and Figure Skating. Nutsos, all of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

My GAS broke when all they would cover live were "performance sports," where winners and losers are picked by judges, not by hard measures like team sports scores and times.  I've had GFs that would take time off work so they can watch Gymnastics and Figure Skating. Nutsos, all of them.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

I never took time off work to watch Olympic figure skating but I did spend the money several times for floor seats to watch figure skating.  I've seen some of the greats; Brian Boitano, Peggy Flemming, Kristi Yamaguchi, Kurt Browning, Scott Hamilton, Tara Lapinski, Ekaterina Gordeeva/Sergei Grinkov, Katarina Witt....etc.  It was worth every single penny.  I absolutely love watching figure skating. 

I also took my grandaughter when she was younger to see Disney on Ice.  It was wonderful, up to the point when we had to leave and the show was over; she cried!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 05:37:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I never took time off work to watch Olympic figure skating but I did spend the money several times for floor seats to watch figure skating.  I've seen some of the greats; Brian Boitano, Peggy Flemming, Kristi Yamaguchi, Kurt Browning, Scott Hamilton, Tara Lapinski, Ekaterina Gordeeva/Sergei Grinkov, Katarina Witt....etc.  It was worth every single penny.  I absolutely love watching figure skating. 

I also took my grandaughter when she was younger to see Disney on Ice.  It was wonderful, up to the point when we had to leave and the show was over; she cried!

But can it be called a "sport?"  Judges decide the winners and losers, and to me that's not a sport.  Something with a scoreboard or a stopwatch to measure objectively who won, is a "sport."
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

But can it be called a "sport?"  Judges decide the winners and losers, and to me that's not a sport.  Something with a scoreboard or a stopwatch to measure objectively who won, is a "sport."

Well, I see your point, but then if figure skating isn't a sport then what should we call it?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, I see your point, but then if figure skating isn't a sport then what should we call it?

"Banished from the Olympics."  The ancient Greeks didn't use judges to score performances.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

"Banished from the Olympics."  The ancient Greeks didn't use judges to score performances.

It was like Festivus and participating in "Feats of Strength".  The greeks were smart.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It was like Festivus and participating in "Feats of Strength".  The greeks were smart.

This "failure to communicate" stems from the mistaken notion that anything that requires athleticism is a "sport."  Yes, gymnastics and figure skating requires major physical exertion, but they are not sports (to me, anyway) because there are no objective criteria.  They're performance art.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

This "failure to communicate" stems from the mistaken notion that anything that requires athleticism is a "sport."  Yes, gymnastics and figure skating requires major physical exertion, but they are not sports (to me, anyway) because there are no objective criteria.  They're performance art.

Good analogy!    888high58888

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Just asking a question,  what if Simone wasn't black?

She'd be called out as the choker that she really is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I call a sport an event where athletes compete against one another.  Figure skating, gymnastics and the like require athletic prowess.

Art does not.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 10:02:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
THey have been invested in her for a while. Lifetime made a movie...https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7978660/?ref_=tt_mv_close (can't just tag the graphic for display here), and she's been the golden child for a while.

To me it is an example of media making the person, as much as their own abilities and drive.

Not the first time someone was trapped by their own legend, but the media are doing their damnedest not to get egg on their collective face.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

I spoke with Peggy Fleming at a party a few years ago. She was in the bag. 😬

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Thus proving even black people think white people are better than them.  Thanks, lefties.  That wasn't true before all y'all decided to "help them."
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former US gold medalist says Simone Biles needs ‘kick in the a–,’ as gymnast pulls out of two more events
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/08/01/former-us-gold-medalist-says-simone-biles-needs-kick-in-the-a-as-gymnast-pulls-out-of-two-more-events-1111788/
Support the USO