Author Topic: Doctors Raise Awareness on Ivermectin Treatment for COVID-19  (Read 2156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Doctors Raise Awareness on Ivermectin Treatment for COVID-19
By Meiling Lee
July 24, 2021 Updated: July 24, 2021

In an effort to help end the pandemic, an international coalition of medical experts is holding worldwide events Saturday to raise awareness about the effectiveness of ivermectin as a treatment for COVID-19.

Organizers of the World Ivermectin Day say doctors and supporters of the inexpensive FDA-approved drug will host free online and public events in over a dozen countries.

Two nonprofits—Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care (FLCCC) Alliance and the British Ivermectin Recommendation Development (BIRD) group—who have been campaigning for the off-label use of ivermectin to prevent and treat COVID-19 say the event’s focus is to let more people know that the antiparasitic drug can treat COVID-19, possibly end the pandemic, and help eliminate fear of the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus.

“We have an incredibly positive and uplifting message to share: ivermectin treats and prevents COVID and it is the key to unlocking the never-ending cycle of pandemic peaks and personal restrictions and will help restart economies,” Dr. Tess Lawrie, cofounder of the BIRD group said in a press release.

Lawrie is also a co-author of a peer-reviewed meta-analysis study published in the American Journal of Therapeutics that found ivermectin to be effective against COVID-19, the disease caused by the CCP virus. Lawrie and her team concluded with a moderate level of confidence that ivermectin reduced the risk of death by an average of 62 percent, at a 95 percent confidence interval of 0.19-0.73, especially when prescribed early.

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/doctors-raise-awareness-on-ivermectin-as-treatment-for-covid-19-to-help-end-the-pandemic_3916366.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Doctors Raise Awareness on Ivermectin Treatment for COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:02:52 am »
“We have an incredibly positive and uplifting message to share: ivermectin treats and prevents COVID and it is the key to unlocking the never-ending cycle of pandemic peaks and personal restrictions and will help restart economies,” Dr. Tess Lawrie, cofounder of the BIRD group said in a press release.
. Lawrie and her team concluded with a moderate level of confidence that ivermectin reduced the risk of death by an average of 62 percent, at a 95 percent confidence interval of 0.19-0.73, especially when prescribed early.

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 12:05:38 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 12:06:03 am »
I hope this isn't another one of these Jerome Corsi front groups.

The HCQ organization was a pathetic joke. But this group seems to have stronger credentials than that one, thankfully. I'm more bullish on ivermectin than certain other "cures" but no one drug is going to be a solution.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 12:16:56 am »

The HCQ organization was a pathetic joke. But this group seems to have stronger credentials than that one, thankfully. I'm more bullish on ivermectin than certain other "cures" but no one drug is going to be a solution.

Not sure why you would be opposed to ivermectin since its mechanism against the SARS-2 spike protein is the basis used for the mRNA vaccine.  Anti-parasitics have been recommended by our own NIH as viable treatments against SARS-1 and MERS for fifteen years.  But all of that got tossed out at the beginning of 2020.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 12:22:54 am »

The latest Ivermectin study has been withdrawn. IMHO there is the possibility that so much money has been spent on COVID research and vaccines that  they won't allow  further studies on a simple drug like Ivermectin that has been used for years because it works.  It just may be a solution after all and Big Pharma may tweak the formula a bit and rename it.  ?? Who knows. What information to trust??

https://theconversation.com/a-major-ivermectin-study-has-been-withdrawn-so-what-now-for-the-controversial-drug-164627
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 12:24:25 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 12:32:08 am »

You keep bringing up Jerome Corsi.
The National Institute of Health is hardly a Jerome Corsi front group, no matter how many times you try to dismiss my posts with that crap
I'm not sure why, because every link I cited is in the NIH library or the British equivalent and is from an accredited medical journal.

Kindly stop denigrating sources you haven't read enough to know what they are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 12:36:16 am »
ON ANNIVERSARY OF "WHITE COAT SUMMIT"
https://www.thepostemail.com/2021/07/23/americas-frontline-doctors-to-hold-second-presser/
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,443427.msg2464006.html#msg2464006

On Friday the organization “America’s Frontline Doctors” (AFLDS) issued an announcement in an email newsletter that it will be holding a press conference on Tuesday, the first anniversary of its “White Coat Summit” in which its physicians gathered on the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court to challenge the government and medical profession’s handling of the COVID-19 “pandemic.”

On Friday afternoon, founder Dr. Simone Gold, a physician and attorney, tweeted a brief video recap of the group’s rejection by the majority of the medical community and deplatforming from YouTube and other websites, including its website hosting company, after it took the unpopular position that COVID-19 could be treated on an outpatient basis with hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and azithromycin.

That position was taken early last year by Dr. Zev Zelenko, who claimed he treated numerous COVID-19 patients with success using the formula and was permanently silenced by Twitter.

“One year ago,” Gold, whose Twitter account was temporarily suspended earlier this year,

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 12:43:32 am »
The latest Ivermectin study has been withdrawn. IMHO there is the possibility that so much money has been spent on COVID research and vaccines that  they won't allow  further studies on a simple drug like Ivermectin that has been used for years because it works.  It just may be a solution after all and Big Pharma may tweak the formula a bit and rename it.  ?? Who knows. What information to trust??

https://theconversation.com/a-major-ivermectin-study-has-been-withdrawn-so-what-now-for-the-controversial-drug-164627
Research on the ionophoric activities of Ivermectin, chloroquine, and hydroxychloroquine is well established. The efficacy of zinc also, in research on SARS and MERS. Suddenly, it isn't on Google, and is more difficult to find unless another search engine is used or you search for references found in the papers which have been published and are a matter of record. Google is no surprise, and they learned how to 'hide' information on the web from the Chinese long ago when they were partnered up with the CCP.
(They'd sell their souls for market share).

I have been digging into the origin and treatment of this virus in the medical journals since Trump mentioned HCQ and the MSM went on full assault, and found his comments on UV light had merit (pre antibiotics, treating a small percentage of the patient's blood with UV could kill enough of the pathogens to establish an immune response, and that whole direction toward treatment was more or less dropped, not because it was not effective, but because readily available antibiotics were a simpler, easier, and less expensive means of treatment). Not only that but there had been research into inhaling nebulized, dilute, hydrogen peroxide to kill pulmonary pathogens, too, with some success. Of course "sunlight" and "bleach" were bandied about dismissively by the MSM, but let's recall they were not interested in loooking into past medical research, only in making Donald Trump look bad.

If you are getting your medical 'knowledge' from ABCNNBCBS, you aren't getting any more than the narrative they want you to believe, and that likely is not only grossly incomplete, chances are much of it is wrong, too. They aren't doctors (either), they sell sensationalism and soap.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 01:11:08 am »
Research on the ionophoric activities of Ivermectin, chloroquine, and hydroxychloroquine is well established. The efficacy of zinc also, in research on SARS and MERS. Suddenly, it isn't on Google, and is more difficult to find unless another search engine is used or you search for references found in the papers which have been published and are a matter of record. Google is no surprise, and they learned how to 'hide' information on the web from the Chinese long ago when they were partnered up with the CCP.
(They'd sell their souls for market share).

I have been digging into the origin and treatment of this virus in the medical journals since Trump mentioned HCQ and the MSM went on full assault, and found his comments on UV light had merit (pre antibiotics, treating a small percentage of the patient's blood with UV could kill enough of the pathogens to establish an immune response, and that whole direction toward treatment was more or less dropped, not because it was not effective, but because readily available antibiotics were a simpler, easier, and less expensive means of treatment). Not only that but there had been research into inhaling nebulized, dilute, hydrogen peroxide to kill pulmonary pathogens, too, with some success. Of course "sunlight" and "bleach" were bandied about dismissively by the MSM, but let's recall they were not interested in loooking into past medical research, only in making Donald Trump look bad.

If you are getting your medical 'knowledge' from ABCNNBCBS, you aren't getting any more than the narrative they want you to believe, and that likely is not only grossly incomplete, chances are much of it is wrong, too. They aren't doctors (either), they sell sensationalism and soap.

I am not basing my medical knowledge from any one group but reading here and there both the benefits of Ivermectin and HCQ. Past studies and current information (though largely currently discredited) I find more credible and trustworthy than the current information we are receiving on the vaccines.  IMHO their safety is questionable and I don't believe we are receiving accurate stats on side effects and mortality rates.

I will not get a vaccine that I don't trust.

The idea that wearing a mask outside to prevent the virus is better than breathing in fresh air and getting some sunshine to me is complete lunacy.    Most ER's in my area only allow patients in the facility, others must wait outside the facility. Many  medical facilities practice the same rule; patients only. If masks were so great, they'd be allowing others to accompany the patients.  IMO Breathing in germs/viruses that are trapped on a mask isn't healthy. So, where's even the logic  here??

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 06:41:53 am »
I am not basing my medical knowledge from any one group but reading here and there both the benefits of Ivermectin and HCQ. Past studies and current information (though largely currently discredited) I find more credible and trustworthy than the current information we are receiving on the vaccines.  IMHO their safety is questionable and I don't believe we are receiving accurate stats on side effects and mortality rates.

I will not get a vaccine that I don't trust.

The idea that wearing a mask outside to prevent the virus is better than breathing in fresh air and getting some sunshine to me is complete lunacy.    Most ER's in my area only allow patients in the facility, others must wait outside the facility. Many  medical facilities practice the same rule; patients only. If masks were so great, they'd be allowing others to accompany the patients.  IMO Breathing in germs/viruses that are trapped on a mask isn't healthy. So, where's even the logic  here??
While the oil patch was shut down up here, I made some 4500 food deliveries, some "contactless" by request (mask, gloves, placed the order on a pedestal on the doorstep and stood off 6-10 feet to wait to retrieve the pedestal the food went on to keep it off the step/ground), and had to wear a mask for all deliveries (company policy). As soon as the delivery was over mask and gloves came off. The mask went on the dash to soak up some UV, unless the delivery was to the hospital or similar venue (especially where COVID testing had been done) and then both were discarded.

I got a lot of sunshine, plenty of exercise, and unless required did not wear a mask anywhere. I ate as much red meat as I could afford, and took a single Zinc supplement tablet daily.

The nonsense coming from Fauci (especially) and the CDC has damaged their credibility, but not so much as the absolute censoring of any mention of viable treatments, and the subsequent of control of the narrative through Fecebook, Twitter, and now the Associated Press, which is why most articles in the media will not mention any research which sheds a favorable light on the use of combned antiparasitics, macrolide antibiotics, and supplements to reduce the duration and severity of COVID-19 and even the noted prophylactic effect of the regimen.
Oddly enough, even commercials during the Cold and Flu Season (or at least when it usually was) did not mention zinc as a cold remedy, although the viral inhibition effects are well known and documented.
I must note in the abstract of the Nature paper (2015) they had found their chimera virus created from assembling a  Bat Coronavirus and a "mouse adapted SARS backbone" to be resistant to antivirals, but the absence of reference to antiparasitics indicates those were not tested against the chimera, a virus which attached to and entered the cell using the spike protein at the ACE2 site, and which attacked respiratory cells with vigour. (sure sounds like SARS-CoV-2 to me). Two of the researchers on that team (Xing-Yi Ge and Zhengli-Li Shi) were from the Wuhan Institute of Virology

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985
 Compare the current abstract at the link (now "updated") with the original:

Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 06:43:37 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 12:45:28 pm »
LEFT-WING SOURCE ALERT - prepare for false statements and overly broad generalizations

How anti-vaxxers weaponized Ivermectin, a horse de-wormer drug, as a COVID-19 treatment
The right-wing obsession with the veterinary drug is a tactic to undermine COVID-19 vaccines, experts say
By Nicole Karlis
Published August 9, 2021 7:16PM (EDT)
In November 2020, a pre-print study touting the safety and efficacy of an anti-parasitic drug called Ivermectin was published on the Research Square website, a platform where scientific studies are submitted before they are peer-reviewed and accepted by a journal. The study, led by Dr. Ahmed Elgazzar of Egypt's Benha University, claimed that in a randomized control trial of nearly 600 people, hospitalized COVID-19 patients who "received ivermectin early reported substantial recovery."

In the search for a COVID-19 wonder drug, the preprint study seemed promising. But then, in July 2021, the paper was pulled "due to ethical concerns." Those concerns included alleged plagiarism and calculation of data points that were "mathematically impossible," according to The Guardian.

Despite the retraction, the anti-parasite drug is allegedly flying off shelves of local farmer supply stores, according to various local news reports who say some feed stores are struggling to keep it in stock. That's because the drug has become a political flashpoint, enveloped by the culture wars just like nearly everything else related to the pandemic.  ...

The obsession over Ivermectin, and its politicization, is curious from an economic standpoint. Unlike climate change denialism or other anti-science culture wars, there is no lobby group profiting off of Ivermectin sales to the extent that they might pull politicians' strings. So why have so many on the right seized on an unproven drug as a COVID-19 treatment?   ...
SALON
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 08:16:34 pm »
LEFT-WING SOURCE ALERT - prepare for false statements and overly broad generalizations

How anti-vaxxers weaponized Ivermectin, a horse de-wormer drug, as a COVID-19 treatment
The right-wing obsession with the veterinary drug is a tactic to undermine COVID-19 vaccines, experts say
By Nicole Karlis
Published August 9, 2021 7:16PM (EDT)SALON
I guess there's a bunch of antivaxxers all over doing real research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7564151/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7129059/

But then, they aren't out to take over the world...

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 09:30:02 pm »
Reports continue to come in.  Some very common 'drugs' are effective in preventing and treating COVID:

Ivermectin
Quercetin
HCQ
Zinc
Vit D, C, A

Simple enough to obtain. Easy enough to use.  Less risky. Less harm to the body and actually beneficial. 

I'll take my chances with the 'drugs' that have been around for quite some time and vitamins over the jab.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:36:23 pm by libertybele »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 10:50:42 pm »
Reports continue to come in.  Some very common 'drugs' are effective in preventing and treating COVID:

Ivermectin
Quercetin
HCQ
Zinc
Vit D, C, A

Simple enough to obtain. Easy enough to use.  Less risky. Less harm to the body and actually beneficial. 

I'll take my chances with the 'drugs' that have been around for quite some time and vitamins over the jab.
That's where my research has taken me. Quercetin and the vitamins (and zinc) are off the shelf supplements. See the link to the Zelenko protocol in my post earlier for recommended dosages/durations.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2021, 10:59:51 pm »
I may stop at Tractor Supply tomorrow and see whether they have it. I read somewhere that the company's official line is to remind customers it's only for equine ailments. If they do, I'll earnestly assure them it's for my trusty steed Flicka. She's a palomino.  :whistle:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2021, 11:44:40 pm »
This is what I've always used:

I currently have the 500ml bottle.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 12:01:51 am »
I may stop at Tractor Supply tomorrow and see whether they have it. I read somewhere that the company's official line is to remind customers it's only for equine ailments. If they do, I'll earnestly assure them it's for my trusty steed Flicka. She's a palomino.  :whistle:

In the Tractor Supply stores that I have been in, there is just a sign posted near the products with that "warning."  No one says a word to you when you check out.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 12:03:41 am »
In the Tractor Supply stores that I have been in, there is just a sign posted near the products with that "warning."  No one says a word to you when you check out.
Same here.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 12:15:03 am »

I have a pony named Black Beauty.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 03:34:24 pm »
I stopped by Tractor Supply today. They had all ivermectin products under lock and key with big written notices that it was not for human consumption. Couldn't find anything other than "pour on" ivermectin (no apple-flavored paste or anything else), so I may try Rural King.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2021, 01:19:16 pm »
This is from the FDA. Why you shouldn't take ivermectin is because, um, we don't really know, but we hope to find out:
Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

... When Can Taking Ivermectin Be Unsafe?

The FDA has not reviewed data to support use of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients to treat or to prevent COVID-19; however, some initial research is underway. Taking a drug for an unapproved use can be very dangerous. This is true of ivermectin, too.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. That is wrong.

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. ...
FDA.gov

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2021, 03:04:31 pm »
Yesterday, there were 821 Covid deaths that could have been prevented if our medical community embraced anti-parasitics as the primary coronavirus treatment (as it was from 2005-2019).

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2021, 03:14:00 pm »
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32959892/
Looks like no one at the FDA is interested in reading the research.