Author Topic: The Air Force is ditching security force body cams ― here’s why  (Read 337 times)

rangerrebew

The Air Force is ditching security force body cams ― here’s why
By Howard Altman and Rachel Cohen
Fri Jul 23 2021 4:56 PM

A tool that has become key in civilian law enforcement ― generating visual evidence in high-profile cases such as the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis ― will no longer be used by the Air Force.

The Air Force is ordering all installations whose security forces use body-worn cameras to stop using and dispose of the equipment.

The order was issued by the Air Force Security Forces Directorate on Wednesday, Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek told Air Force Times.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2021/07/23/the-air-force-is-ditching-security-force-body-cams-heres-why/

rangerrebew

Re: The Air Force is ditching security force body cams ― here’s why
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »
I'll bet the Chief of Staff ordered it to be more PC and in tune with the defund the police movement.  I think Critical Race Theory would support the move.:whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 08:00:07 am »
Perhaps. Some of the areas those guys work are sensitive, too. If the footage got out, that might not be a good thing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 01:43:49 pm »
Of course. Everybody knows that gentlemen don't spy on other gentlemen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 01:45:03 pm »
Perhaps. Some of the areas those guys work are sensitive, too. If the footage got out, that might not be a good thing.

@Smokin Joe 

Cameras are RARELY allowed in any classified area. This has always been the case.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!