Author Topic: Larry Elder Sues California over Ballot Exclusion: ‘Voter Suppression’  (Read 551 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Larry Elder Sues California over Ballot Exclusion: ‘Voter Suppression’

Joel B. Pollak 20 Jul 2021

Conservative radio host Larry Elder filed a lawsuit Tuesday against California Secretary of State Shirley Weber over her decision to exclude him from the list of candidates for governor in the September recall of incumbent Gavin Newsom.

As Breitbart News reported Sunday, Elder was excluded from the initial list of candidates, ostensibly because he filed incomplete tax returns (which he denies). Weber exempted Newsom from the same requirement, saying he is not a “candidate.”

A statement Tuesday by the Elder campaign said:

The secretary of state’s office has notified the Elder for Governor campaign that he did not qualify as a candidate due to redaction issues with the income tax returns filed with his candidacy application. No candidate has been previously disqualified for this reason. Elder filed suit today seeking an order from the Superior Court in Sacramento requiring Secretary Weber to list Elder as a candidate on the final certified list, to be issued on Wednesday, July 21, 2021.

“We’ve complied with everything the secretary of state has required of us,” said Elder. “The politicians in Sacramento know I’m the only candidate who can beat Gavin Newsom. They are afraid, and they are using whatever shenanigans they can to try to trip me up. It won’t work.”

…

The Elder for Governor campaign is seeking immediate legal relief. “I am waging a legal battle to run as the candidate for Californians who are tired of the partisanship and entrenched interests of Sacramento. I fully expect to be on the final certified list of candidates,” said Elder.

https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1417592838414503936

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/20/larry-elder-sues-california-over-ballot-exclusion-voter-suppression/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34