Author Topic: Larry Elder Wins in Court: California Must Put Him on Recall Ballot  (Read 611 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Larry Elder Wins in Court: California Must Put Him on Recall Ballot

Joel B. Pollak 21 Jul 2021

Conservative talk show host Larry Elder won his court challenge Wednesday to California Secretary of State Shirley Weber, who must place him on the list of candidates in the Sep. 14 election to recall incumbent Gov. Gavin Newsom (D).

As Breitbart News reported Tuesday, Elder’s campaign sued the Secretary of State after she excluded him from the list of 41 candidates to replace Newsom, if a majority of voters choose to recall him. The reason given was that Elder allegedly failed to file complete tax returns. Elder’s campaign denied that accusation, noting that he had turned in five years of tax returns on time, and also arguing that the law requiring candidates to submit tax returns did not apply to recalls anyway.

Elder also noted the Secretary of State had exempted Newsom from the requirement, saying he was not a “candidate.”

Judge Laurie Earl agreed with the latter point: “Preliminarily … I am not convinced that Election Code section 8902 applies to recall election, and if it did, I am of the opinion, I am inclined to find that Mr. Elder substantially complied.”

After lawyers for all parties had a change to present their case, Earl made her ruling final:

I don’t find that the recall election is a direct primary election ballot … By reaching that finding, I don’t find that Mr. Elder was required to file tax returns at all … I would grant the petition, and issue a peremptory and writ of mandate, directing the respondent, and all persons under her control, to file Mr. Elder’s nomination documents … qualifying him as a candidate and place his name and ballot designation on the ballot, and any sample ballot and voter pamphlet for a candidate for Governor of the State of California in the September 14th recall election.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/21/larry-elder-wins-in-court-california-must-put-him-on-recall-ballot/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Larry Elder Wins in Court: California Must Put Him on Recall Ballot
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 12:27:29 am »
Good! I will happily give him my vote over Bruce 'call me Caitlyn' Jenner and after perusing the list of approved candidates I can't see anyone else I would vote for either.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 12:19:51 pm »
Good for him!

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 03:02:54 pm »
Larry needs to send them a thank you note for the free publicity and media coverage.

Anyone the administration is trying to keep out will be reason enough to vote for him in a recall election.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 03:06:19 pm »
Good! I will happily give him my vote over Bruce 'call me Caitlyn' Jenner and after perusing the list of approved candidates I can't see anyone else I would vote for either.
Jenner is playing the roll of Arnold Schwarzenegger this recall cycle - and California will miss another golden opportunity.