Author Topic: Bill Cosby’s conviction overturned by Pa. Supreme Court (Breaking)  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has overturned Bill Cosby’s 2019 sexual assault conviction and barred a retrial in the case.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has overturned Bill Cosby’s 2019 sexual assault conviction and barred a retrial in the case.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

https://www.inquirer.com/news/bill-cosby-conviction-overturned-appeal-andrea-constand-20210630.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bill Cosby to be released from prison after conviction vacated

Bill Cosby is to be released from prison Wednesday after his conviction was overturned.

Cosby was sentenced to three to 10 years in state prison over a felony sexual assault charge in September 2018.

Despite the deluge accusations against him, Cosby has maintained he never engaged in non-consensual sex.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby-released-prison-conviction-vacated/story?id=78582000
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The state Supreme Court on Wednesday found that an agreement with a previous prosecutor prevented him from being charged for allegedly drugging and molesting Andrea Constand in 2004.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Cosby to Be Released from Prison After Court Overturns Sex Assault Conviction

Breitbart News 30 Jun 2021

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Pennsylvania’s highest court overturned Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction Wednesday after finding an agreement with a previous prosecutor prevented him from being charged in the case.

Cosby has served more than two years of a three- to 10-year sentence at a state prison near Philadelphia. He had vowed to serve all 10 years rather than acknowledge any remorse over the 2004 encounter with accuser Andrea Constand.

The 83-year-old Cosby, who was once beloved as “America’s Dad,” was convicted of drugging and molesting the Temple University employee at his suburban estate.

He was charged in late 2015, when a prosecutor armed with newly unsealed evidence — Cosby’s damaging deposition from her lawsuit — arrested him days before the 12-year statute of limitations expired.

The trial judge had allowed just one other accuser to testify at Cosby’s first trial, when the jury deadlocked. However, he then allowed five other accusers to testify at the retrial about their experiences with Cosby in the 1980s.

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court said that testimony tainted the trial, even though a lower appeals court had found it appropriate to show a signature pattern of drugging and molesting women.

Cosby was the first celebrity tried and convicted in the #MeToo era, so the reversal could make prosecutors wary of calling other accusers in similar cases. The law on prior bad act testimony varies by state, though, and the ruling only holds sway in Pennsylvania.

Prosecutors did not immediately say if they would appeal or seek to try Cosby for a third time.

MORE
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2021/06/30/bill-cosby-to-be-released-from-prison-after-court-overturns-sex-assault-conviction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Seek to try him a third time?  I was always thought that you couldn't be tried twice for the same crime??

Sorry, but I can't help but think that at this point in time, race played a factor in his case being overturned.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

"race played a factor in his case being overturned."   He had deal that what he said in a deposition would not be used against him.  A new prosecutor did not honor the deal.  The court ruled they should have.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"race played a factor in his case being overturned."   He had deal that what he said in a deposition would not be used against him.  A new prosecutor did not honor the deal.  The court ruled they should have.

Exactly what happened.  A deal is a deal unless you are a Scum DA.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems Black Lives Matter is a multi-dimensional concept.

Can you imagine how the victims and their families feel today?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Evening News reporting this as a victory for Black Rights. 

As far as BLM, in poker, I love a Donk who overplays their hand......  Boy have they stepped in the excrement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

As far as BLM, in poker, I love a Donk who overplays their hand......  Boy have they stepped in the excrement.

Yep, that's exactly how the nightly news is reporting.  I'm disgusted...but I'm white, so my opinion doesn't matter.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What I think, if these women were telling the truth, they needed to come out decades ago with their accusations while the evidence was still fresh. Then if Cosby did it, he should be still rotting in jail.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

I would like to see a copy of that signed written agreement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Think KARMA!

Maybe this will end with "Street Justice", now that he's living outside those prison walls.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Think KARMA!

Maybe this will end with "Street Justice", now that he's living outside those prison walls.

I'm not so sure, I think he's probably well protected.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm not so sure, I think he's probably well protected.

So was Robert Kennedy.   :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

Certainly not a victory for black victims' rights.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

So was Robert Kennedy.   :smokin:

Certainly true and one way to look at the situation.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:19:25 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

A victory for black rights.  Just ask

Jewel Allison
Lili Bernard
Donna Barrett
Sarita Butterfield
Renita Chaney Hill
Lachele Covington
Beverly Johnson
Lisa-Lotte Lublin
Chelan Lasha
Charlotte Fox

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Cosby was probably guilty of drugging women with Quaaludes and then having sex with them.  I grant you that.  But he was in his 80s when he was prosecuted, and the allegations were decades old.  This was a grandstand prosecution by a prosecutor with political ambitions.  But for Cosby's celebrity, the case would never have been tried.

I am glad he is out of jail, and I hope he is able to live what little remains of his life pursuing happiness where he can find it. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Think KARMA!

@DCPatriot

Not a chance.

He is 83 years old,and most likely his health will reflect his age.

I have no doubt some people,like the NAACP,will publicize the HELL out of the "unjust conviction of a brutha",but that's just advertising to pull in dollars. It won't fool anybody.

Cosby's whole persona that led to all the fame and fortune was based on him appearing to be a kindly grandfather that loved children in the right way". That's going to be hard to sell to advertisers and tv execs now that he admitted to drugging and raping women.

My guess is he will rarely be seen outside of his mansion after this.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:08:07 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Cosby follows on the same path as O. J.  Both ultimately found innocent, both equally guilty.  You have to be dead for six months to have a brain that says either of these two men are innocent.  And for anyone to say good he is out, again, where is the justice in America?  IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!

The founders had it right, and weak minded fools f*&^ed it up along the way.  When this country started, only land owners had the right to vote.  Changing that invested the vote in folks that make zero contribution to our society.  Huge mistake.

I have said it, and I will say it again.  Pennsylvania is the most corrupt state in the union.  There is not a single judge, or lawyer in PA that is worth used TP.  Corrupt to the core.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 05:44:36 am by jafo2010 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Cosby follows on the same path as O. J.  Both ultimately found innocent, both equally guilty.  You have to be dead for six months to have a brain that says either of these two men are innocent.  And for anyone to say good he is out, again, where is the justice in America?  IT DOES NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!

The founders had it right, and weak minded fools f*&^ed it up along the way.  When this country started, only land owners had the right to vote.  Changing that invested the vote in folks that make zero contribution to our society.  Huge mistake.

I have said it, and I will say it again. Pennsylvania is the most corrupt state in the union.  There is not a single judge, or lawyer in PA that is worth used TP.  Corrupt to the core.

@jafo2010

I dunno about that.

Ever been to SC,Georgia,or DC?

If not worse than Pa,all three will give Pa a run for it's money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!