Author Topic: My step-son passed today  (Read 2657 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
My step-son passed today
« on: June 25, 2021, 05:08:44 am »
He had gone for a routine procedure that dialysis patients require on a regular basis -- replacing the old shunt for a new one. He's been doing this for decades. But today a blood clot formed, broke loose and traveled to his heart. Gone in an instant. 58 years old. Devastating news.

I have no family, so I needed to unload somewhere. This seemed like as good a place as any. For those people of faith, please pray for his family. Daughter (+ hubby), 2 sons and a brand new granddaughter. They lost their mother to breast cancer about 4 years ago. (Unfortunately, the daughter inherited that dreaded gene.) Now their dad is gone. Very tough for young people just beginning their adult lives without either parent. So many Thanksgivings, Christmases, Easters, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc. they expected to celebrate.

8888crybaby

I know he's been reunited with his wife and dad and is celebrating in the presence of Jesus. But life really hurts for those still here. At least we know we'll see him again -- NEVER AGAIN ON DIALYSIS!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: My step-son passed today
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 05:36:19 am »
BTW,LOVE your icon.

I would like to add that people need to adopt old cats,too.

Everybody that wants a pet seems to want a kitten or a puppy,but old cats and dogs need a home,too.

Truth to tell,they make better house pets for older people than puppies or kittens because they don't have to be house broken,and you don't have to worry about them tearing up the carpets or the furniture.

Plus they are grateful to have a new home,and I have never seen an older pet that didn't become very affectionate once they realized they had a new home and were safe again.
bu

BTW,I apologize to the thread mod for this post. I know it is off-topic,but this is a very important subject to me.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 05:37:17 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 06:32:38 am »
He had gone for a routine procedure that dialysis patients require on a regular basis -- replacing the old shunt for a new one. He's been doing this for decades. But today a blood clot formed, broke loose and traveled to his heart. Gone in an instant. 58 years old. Devastating news.

I have no family, so I needed to unload somewhere. This seemed like as good a place as any. For those people of faith, please pray for his family. Daughter (+ hubby), 2 sons and a brand new granddaughter. They lost their mother to breast cancer about 4 years ago. (Unfortunately, the daughter inherited that dreaded gene.) Now their dad is gone. Very tough for young people just beginning their adult lives without either parent. So many Thanksgivings, Christmases, Easters, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, etc. they expected to celebrate.

8888crybaby

I know he's been reunited with his wife and dad and is celebrating in the presence of Jesus. But life really hurts for those still here. At least we know we'll see him again -- NEVER AGAIN ON DIALYSIS!
I am sorry for your loss. Of course, I'll offer my prayers for you all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 06:38:42 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

You are in my prayers that you find comfort and refuge in the Lord.  I am reminded of Job who petitioned to G-d that He had some explaining to do.  Yet when G-d showed up, Job finally saw the big picture.

A parent should never have to bury a son or daughter.  I pray that G-d reveal Himself to you and relieve your sorrow.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 08:38:25 am »
Ahh Jazz, so very sorry for the loss of family. Prayer of course. Been battling blood clots for 15 years now and the battle is real, but it keeps me close in step with Jesus. I think if I didn't have problems I would be a different person, so sometime I stop and think and pray and thank the Lord for my problems. In keeps me more in step with Him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 08:39:39 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 01:33:14 pm »
So sorry to hear of your sad news, @AllThatJazzZ  May God comfort and strengthen his entire family.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2021, 01:38:37 pm »
So very sorry for your loss, @AllThatJazzZ
Praying for comfort for you and your step-son's family.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2021, 01:42:14 pm »
Oh man. Sincerest condolences, @AllThatJazzZ.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2021, 01:44:13 pm »
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and all those left behind. May God’s peace be yours as you go through these difficult days.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 02:05:02 pm »
 8888crybaby  8888crybaby  8888crybaby
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2021, 02:05:10 pm »
So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and all those left behind. May God’s peace be yours as you go through these difficult days.

Ditto!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 02:15:39 pm »
How difficult this must be...I can't even imagine!   :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 02:50:30 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
I am so sorry to hear this.
I pray that god comforts and heals you and your family.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 02:58:13 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

So very sorry to read about this, by friend. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 04:16:16 pm »
I appreciate the well wishes and prayers, y'all. I'm still in that shock phase, trying to figure out which end is up. We've all been through it. It's part of the human experience -- one of the reeeaalllly hard parts.

@sneakypete I don't want your post removed. Bringing dogs into the mix is always good for what ails us. At least that's true for me. I love my geezer dog.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 04:27:01 pm »
I appreciate the well wishes and prayers, y'all. I'm still in that shock phase, trying to figure out which end is up. We've all been through it. It's part of the human experience -- one of the reeeaalllly hard parts.

@sneakypete I don't want your post removed. Bringing dogs into the mix is always good for what ails us. At least that's true for me. I love my geezer dog.[/b]

@AllThatJazzZ

I offer my most sincere thanks. Good homes for old and abandoned pets is an issue very important to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 04:41:25 pm »
I am so deeply sorry to read this. Sincere condolences and prayers.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 07:57:03 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
You have my deepest sympathies at your loss. You say you have no family yet you had a stepson and he had Daughter (+ hubby), 2 sons and a brand new granddaughter. Did you have no relations with them? Perhaps through tragedy a door may open?

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 08:14:44 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

I’m so sorry for your loss. You said you don’t have a family, but you do have a family here.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 09:44:14 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
You have my deepest sympathies at your loss. You say you have no family yet you had a stepson and he had Daughter (+ hubby), 2 sons and a brand new granddaughter. Did you have no relations with them? Perhaps through tragedy a door may open?

@GtHawk

Good catch! I realized it sounded contradictory and might require an explanation. Let me clear it up for you and the others.

Of my family of origin, my parents have both passed. My husband passed in '70 at 23. I met a man from Los Angeles a couple of years later and we married. He had 2 kids from his first marriage, and we were fortunate enough to get custody of them. Not because their mother was incapable or on any type of substance. She had a new baby with her 2nd husband, and the "kids" (my step-kids) actually wanted to come live with us. So we had the best of both worlds. We had custody of them, and got to send them to San Diego to their mom's every other weekend. I used to have guilt about looking forward to those weekends until all the finest moms I knew said they wished they had a place they send their kids every other weekend! Anyway, mine are the best step-kids in the world.

I moved back to Texas when we divorced. I didn't get to take the kids with me (for obvious reasons), but it wasn't for lack of wishing I could. I got the dog, though. The 1600 miles, various life events, ex's remarriage and then divorce -- these all played a part in keeping us mostly separate. We talked on the phone at times (remember those?), and stayed nominally in touch. I went out for my step-daughter's wedding in 88.

A few years ago, their daddy (my ex) passed. There was a memorial celebration of life at step-daughters house. She kindly invited me to come stay with them. I hadn't seen them in years. We got to pick up where we left off in some ways. My step-son and I sat in the living room and sang "Jesus Christ Superstar" until we were hoarse -- and without missing a lyric! I got to meet all my step-grandkids for the first time. Then it was time to go.

So once again we have the separation of 1600 miles. And very significantly, their mother is still alive and still in San Diego. So now we text and keep up more than be did before smart phones. I'd love for them to move to Texas, but they're native Los Angelenos (daughter now living in Ventura and son lived in Santa Clarita). I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be leaving Texas again. So it will just continue on this way.

Re my family of origin... no siblings (therefore no nieces or nephews), no kids (therefore no grandkids), no aunts or uncles still alive. I do have cousins scattered around the US. We all grew up in the same small town in Texas. I've come full circle, but they're scattered hither, thither and yon. My immediate family for the last few decades has been of the 4-paws variety.

Aren't you glad you asked?! wink777 TMI? I think I just needed to get it written down. Turns out, it was a kinda therapeutic.

It's funny how life throws a curve here and there and your life doesn't even come close to resembling what you thought it would when you first launched out on your own.   

--------------------------------------------

Again, y'all, I appreciate your condolences and kindness.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:47:49 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 09:45:09 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

I’m so sorry for your loss. You said you don’t have a family, but you do have a family here.

Thanks, cousin @Gefnwink777

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 10:54:40 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
@mystery-ak

You said, "It's funny how life throws a curve here and there and your life doesn't even come close to resembling what you thought it would when you first launched out on your own."

Life happens on a day to day basis until one realizes life is not the way it was a week ago or a month ago or a year ago. That is how life goes by for all of us.   

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2021, 12:36:54 am »
@GtHawk

Good catch! I realized it sounded contradictory and might require an explanation. Let me clear it up for you and the others.

Of my family of origin, my parents have both passed. My husband passed in '70 at 23. I met a man from Los Angeles a couple of years later and we married. He had 2 kids from his first marriage, and we were fortunate enough to get custody of them. Not because their mother was incapable or on any type of substance. She had a new baby with her 2nd husband, and the "kids" (my step-kids) actually wanted to come live with us. So we had the best of both worlds. We had custody of them, and got to send them to San Diego to their mom's every other weekend. I used to have guilt about looking forward to those weekends until all the finest moms I knew said they wished they had a place they send their kids every other weekend! Anyway, mine are the best step-kids in the world.

I moved back to Texas when we divorced. I didn't get to take the kids with me (for obvious reasons), but it wasn't for lack of wishing I could. I got the dog, though. The 1600 miles, various life events, ex's remarriage and then divorce -- these all played a part in keeping us mostly separate. We talked on the phone at times (remember those?), and stayed nominally in touch. I went out for my step-daughter's wedding in 88.

A few years ago, their daddy (my ex) passed. There was a memorial celebration of life at step-daughters house. She kindly invited me to come stay with them. I hadn't seen them in years. We got to pick up where we left off in some ways. My step-son and I sat in the living room and sang "Jesus Christ Superstar" until we were hoarse -- and without missing a lyric! I got to meet all my step-grandkids for the first time. Then it was time to go.

So once again we have the separation of 1600 miles. And very significantly, their mother is still alive and still in San Diego. So now we text and keep up more than be did before smart phones. I'd love for them to move to Texas, but they're native Los Angelenos (daughter now living in Ventura and son lived in Santa Clarita). I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be leaving Texas again. So it will just continue on this way.

Re my family of origin... no siblings (therefore no nieces or nephews), no kids (therefore no grandkids), no aunts or uncles still alive. I do have cousins scattered around the US. We all grew up in the same small town in Texas. I've come full circle, but they're scattered hither, thither and yon. My immediate family for the last few decades has been of the 4-paws variety.

Aren't you glad you asked?! wink777 TMI? I think I just needed to get it written down. Turns out, it was a kinda therapeutic.

It's funny how life throws a curve here and there and your life doesn't even come close to resembling what you thought it would when you first launched out on your own.   

--------------------------------------------

Again, y'all, I appreciate your condolences and kindness.
@AllThatJazzZ
Not too much information at all. My family was tiny, consisted of my parents two siblings one set of grandparents and one uncle and it shrank by a grandparent and uncle before it started to grow. Now basically it's down to my mother my children and their wives and three grandchildren, not just because most of the rest are on the opposite coast because the ones near and far are separated by a gulf of liberalism, you know the type that get angry and loud when they hear something that doesn't mesh with their truth? TMI? Back at ya. Glad that there are those out there, family, to share your life!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2021, 12:44:33 am »
@AllThatJazzZ

Ditto.  Prayers up for you @AllThatJazzZ  and yes, you DO have a family here!!!  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2021, 06:11:37 am »
@AllThatJazzZ
Not too much information at all. My family was tiny, consisted of my parents two siblings one set of grandparents and one uncle and it shrank by a grandparent and uncle before it started to grow. Now basically it's down to my mother my children and their wives and three grandchildren, not just because most of the rest are on the opposite coast because the ones near and far are separated by a gulf of liberalism, you know the type that get angry and loud when they hear something that doesn't mesh with their truth? TMI? Back at ya. Glad that there are those out there, family, to share your life!

@GtHawk

I have to tell on myself. My face involuntarily scrunched up and I let out an "EWWWWWW" upon reading that part. You're right. That is a gulf. And you know that never the twain shall meet if they're infected with TDS, which is nothing more than CDS (conservative derangement syndrome) on steroids. I wonder how many families leftism has split up. :shrug:

Maybe there's hope. I used to be a Dem, but I was a sweet one. That was back before politics became a contact sport. Reagan was when this puppy's eyes opened. My IQ shot up after that. Okay, I made that part up, but I did make it a point to dig deeper and learn more about politics and current events. Something similar could happen to some of your kinfolk. But if not, you've still got us.  wink777