Author Topic: My step-son passed today  (Read 2645 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Re: My step-son passed today
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 06:20:53 am »
@AllThatJazzZ
@mystery-ak

You said, "It's funny how life throws a curve here and there and your life doesn't even come close to resembling what you thought it would when you first launched out on your own."

Life happens on a day to day basis until one realizes life is not the way it was a week ago or a month ago or a year ago. That is how life goes by for all of us.

No disagreement from me, @Victoria33 . I was only trying to make the point that I never would have foreseen that I would have ended up with no family when I had so much family growing up. I much preferred the days when families didn't migrate all over the country. I'm old fashioned that way.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2021, 06:44:30 am »
No disagreement from me, @Victoria33 . I was only trying to make the point that I never would have foreseen that I would have ended up with no family when I had so much family growing up. I much preferred the days when families didn't migrate all over the country. I'm old fashioned that way.

Nope, I am the same way.... I loved when family reunions were possible cause everyone lived within 50 miles of each other.... It was just better.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2021, 01:44:20 pm »
@GtHawk

I have to tell on myself. My face involuntarily scrunched up and I let out an "EWWWWWW" upon reading that part. You're right. That is a gulf. And you know that never the twain shall meet if they're infected with TDS, which is nothing more than CDS (conservative derangement syndrome) on steroids. I wonder how many families leftism has split up. :shrug:

Maybe there's hope. I used to be a Dem, but I was a sweet one. That was back before politics became a contact sport. Reagan was when this puppy's eyes opened. My IQ shot up after that. Okay, I made that part up, but I did make it a point to dig deeper and learn more about politics and current events. Something similar could happen to some of your kinfolk. But if not, you've still got us.  wink777

Politics has always been a contact sport my dear! It just took a long time for many of us to understand that. Many still do not. @AllThatJazzZ
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2021, 03:30:45 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ

Jazz, I meant my post to be supportive to you.  I understand what you are feeling.  The only family I have is one son who lives in the UK, in Wales.  He has lived there over 25 years.  The last time I went there was in 2000.  The last time he came here was two years ago.  Now, with the virus, I have no idea when he can come here again.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2021, 07:02:24 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-