Author Topic: Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'  (Read 873 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'
« on: June 07, 2021, 09:49:14 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant and Rafael Bernal - 06/07/21 02:36 PM EDT

Vice President Harris on Monday pleaded with migrants from Central American countries to stay home in a speech in Guatemala during her first foreign trip.

Harris has the tricky task of reintroducing the United States as a friend and ally to the region while finding ways to reduce migration, which has often been Central America's only social safety valve amid worsening humanitarian conditions.

The vice president was blunt in her message to Central Americans, repeating the line, "Do not come."

To soften the blow, she framed the Biden administration's closed-door policy in a message of hope for the region.

"I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home. At the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States Mexico border: Do not come, do not come," Harris said.

The Biden administration's Central America strategy represents, like many other aspects of Biden's immigration policy, a stark shift from the Trump administration's initiatives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/557181-harris-tells-migrants-do-not-come-do-not-come
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Re: Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:17 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant and Rafael Bernal - 06/07/21 02:36 PM EDT

Vice President Harris on Monday pleaded with migrants from Central American countries to stay home in a speech in Guatemala during her first foreign trip.

Harris has the tricky task of reintroducing the United States as a friend and ally to the region while finding ways to reduce migration, which has often been Central America's only social safety valve amid worsening humanitarian conditions.

The vice president was blunt in her message to Central Americans, repeating the line, "Do not come."

To soften the blow, she framed the Biden administration's closed-door policy in a message of hope for the region.

"I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home. At the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States Mexico border: Do not come, do not come," Harris said.

The Biden administration's Central America strategy represents, like many other aspects of Biden's immigration policy, a stark shift from the Trump administration's initiatives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/557181-harris-tells-migrants-do-not-come-do-not-come

Do not come?  What about all the perks after they get here?   

DEPORT THEM ALL AND BUILD THE WALL!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:57 pm »
I'm thinking the wrong thing...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:12:17 pm by rustynail »

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 09:59:28 pm »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 10:02:50 pm »
"And I believe if you come to our borders you will be turned back".  Shouldn't she know?

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1401980300847161349

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 10:10:03 pm »
"And I believe if you come to our borders you will be turned back".  Shouldn't she know?

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1401980300847161349

Did I hear Kamel correctly?  The U.S. will continue to enforce our laws and secure our border????

So .... who is she trying to kid?  Has she even made a visit to the border yet?  Is she then a proponent of finishing the border wall?  Is she a proponent of enforcing existing immigration laws?  Is she opposed to amnesty?  Is she against catch and release?

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 11:41:48 pm »
As we were eating dinner, hubby had the TV on and a similar film clip was aired on ABC.  It was good to see actually.

I wonder what her boss is going to say and the rest of the leftists?  I don't think she's going to score any points with them .... but she had to make things sound good for the head of Guatemala right?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 12:40:26 pm »
I'm thinking the wrong thing...

I'll take "Words never spoken by Heels-up Harris" for 1000 Alex.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.