Author Topic: Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'  (Read 877 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'
« on: June 07, 2021, 09:49:14 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant and Rafael Bernal - 06/07/21 02:36 PM EDT

Vice President Harris on Monday pleaded with migrants from Central American countries to stay home in a speech in Guatemala during her first foreign trip.

Harris has the tricky task of reintroducing the United States as a friend and ally to the region while finding ways to reduce migration, which has often been Central America's only social safety valve amid worsening humanitarian conditions.

The vice president was blunt in her message to Central Americans, repeating the line, "Do not come."

To soften the blow, she framed the Biden administration's closed-door policy in a message of hope for the region.

"I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home. At the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States Mexico border: Do not come, do not come," Harris said.

The Biden administration's Central America strategy represents, like many other aspects of Biden's immigration policy, a stark shift from the Trump administration's initiatives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/557181-harris-tells-migrants-do-not-come-do-not-come
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Harris tells migrants: 'Do not come, do not come'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:17 pm »
By Morgan Chalfant and Rafael Bernal - 06/07/21 02:36 PM EDT

Vice President Harris on Monday pleaded with migrants from Central American countries to stay home in a speech in Guatemala during her first foreign trip.

Harris has the tricky task of reintroducing the United States as a friend and ally to the region while finding ways to reduce migration, which has often been Central America's only social safety valve amid worsening humanitarian conditions.

The vice president was blunt in her message to Central Americans, repeating the line, "Do not come."

To soften the blow, she framed the Biden administration's closed-door policy in a message of hope for the region.

"I want to emphasize that the goal of our work is to help Guatemalans find hope at home. At the same time I want to be clear to folks in this region who are thinking about making that dangerous trek to the United States Mexico border: Do not come, do not come," Harris said.

The Biden administration's Central America strategy represents, like many other aspects of Biden's immigration policy, a stark shift from the Trump administration's initiatives.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/557181-harris-tells-migrants-do-not-come-do-not-come

Do not come?  What about all the perks after they get here?   

DEPORT THEM ALL AND BUILD THE WALL!!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:57 pm »
I'm thinking the wrong thing...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:12:17 pm by rustynail »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 09:59:28 pm »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2021, 10:02:50 pm »
"And I believe if you come to our borders you will be turned back".  Shouldn't she know?

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1401980300847161349

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 10:10:03 pm »
"And I believe if you come to our borders you will be turned back".  Shouldn't she know?

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1401980300847161349

Did I hear Kamel correctly?  The U.S. will continue to enforce our laws and secure our border????

So .... who is she trying to kid?  Has she even made a visit to the border yet?  Is she then a proponent of finishing the border wall?  Is she a proponent of enforcing existing immigration laws?  Is she opposed to amnesty?  Is she against catch and release?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2021, 11:41:48 pm »
As we were eating dinner, hubby had the TV on and a similar film clip was aired on ABC.  It was good to see actually.

I wonder what her boss is going to say and the rest of the leftists?  I don't think she's going to score any points with them .... but she had to make things sound good for the head of Guatemala right?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 12:40:26 pm »
I'm thinking the wrong thing...

I'll take "Words never spoken by Heels-up Harris" for 1000 Alex.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.