Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 19961 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2021, 08:33:56 pm »
I'm really hoping that ALL conservatives can move forward.  It's going to take ALL of us to defeat the GOPe and the global leftists.  Every dang one of us.  What we need is leadership.  I see Cruz as that leader; but he's not going to be able to do it himself.  It's going to take millions of us courageous conservatives, and people like Trump, Paul, Jordan, Hawley and others backing him!  :patriot:  Not implying that I think he'll run in 2024, but he does have an awesome ground game and Trump is a Master of the Political Game.  I think that their recent meeting was significant  ... and yes ... I think they've got plans as to who they're going to launch!   happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 08:34:55 pm »
The purpose of the man in charge of the political campaign is to get the man who hired him elected.

Manafort performed that duty to the dismay of all phony Principled Conservatives and other RINOs and Rodents around.

I do not hire an auto mechanic to steer my car.   Trump didn't, either.

No members of Cruz's Presidential Campaign were indicted or needed Presidential pardons, but I guess that's OK, results are all that matters. @Sled Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2021, 08:36:45 pm »
:laugh:  No, it's not.  Unless you believe in 2016 the GOPe was all in for Donald Trump.   :silly:

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!  :rolling:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2021, 08:42:27 pm »
   Their Party Chairman became his Chief of Staff, tragically.  Another 'bad' Donald deal.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2021, 08:45:16 pm »
   Their Party Chairman became his Chief of Staff, tragically.  Another 'bad' Donald deal.

Yep ... that was then.  75,000,000 million of us need to find a way to move forward and conquer.    :patriot:

Online corbe

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2021, 08:57:20 pm »
Yep ... that was then.  75,000,000 million of us need to find a way to move forward and conquer.    :patriot:

I agree @libertybele
   It's Trump in the drivers seat now and it all depends on what he does or who he endorses.

*I wish I shared your optimism, I swear I do!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2021, 09:03:32 pm »

I agree @libertybele
   It's Trump in the drivers seat now and it all depends on what he does or who he endorses.

*I wish I shared your optimism, I swear I do!

...hmmm  I don't see Trump leading the way all by himself, I see him doing some rallies for the person that he decides to back and I see Cruz also leading the way and figuring out a path forward ...maybe even inserting a new gov't. 

Well, I'm trying to have some optimism (not truly in my personality, I'm more of a realist) ...  I think the two of them have the ability to make some big changes.  Whether or not it happens depends on how much support "We the People" give them and if we can get idiots to stop voting for establishment politicians like Romney.

On the flip side it ALL  hinges on whether or not election integrity and the electoral process can be revitalized and implemented.

That's a lot of ifs @corbe

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2021, 09:05:35 pm »
Instead of engaging in another ridiculous circular firing squad like last time I hope we can stay focused on the real objective here.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2021, 09:07:53 pm »
-----------------------------------

Cruz is no more a representative of Principled Conservatism than Slick Willie Clinton was.

You've said some silly assed shit, but this tops them all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2021, 09:09:39 pm »

You just need to remember that "Principled Conservatism" is the magic shield the Never Trumpers hide behind to pretend that they're the real conservatives, even if they helped prevent Trump's success and supported the 2020 electoral coup.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online corbe

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2021, 09:13:53 pm »
    I have not run across a single Briefer (ok, maybe 1) that believes the 2020 election was NOT stolen from Trump. 
    Hell, @Sled Dog they stole the '60 election from Nixon.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2021, 09:23:52 pm »
:laugh:  No, it's not.  Unless you believe in 2016 the GOPe was all in for Donald Trump.   :silly:

Let's review, shall we?  In 2016, there was a battle waging from the grass roots at the local level within each State against the GOPe.  Ted Cruz was in the trenches holding the standard for this grass roots movement fighting for every appointed delegate to represent this movement at the Convention and vote against consolidation of power at the national level.  Contrast that with Trump who did not get involved with delegate selection and let the GOPe seat his delegates for him.  All Trump cared about at the time was getting delegates who would vote his way on the first ballot.  He wasn't looking at intra-Republican politics.  He wasn't caring about delegates who were truly loyal to him.  He only needed that first ballot.

Cruz was fighting for the direction of the GOP, while Trump essentially struck a deal with the GOPe that they wouldn't stand in the way as long as he let them stack the Convention with delegates supporting their power grab.  And what was the biggest threat to the GOPe?  It certainly wasn't Trump.  It was Ted Cruz.

When the Convention arrived, those GOPe delegates voted for Trump on the first ballot just as they were obligated to do.  But when it came to changing the rules, every single one of them sided with the GOPe at the national level, further stripping power away from the local levels.

This isn't the first time we've had this conversation.  Yet for some reason, each and every time, you choose to play dumb.  Of course you would have found out the hard way if it had gone to a second ballot.  And who knows what other deals were cut between Trump and the GOPe.  As @corbe already pointed out, having Paul Manafort as a campaign chair - the man who on behalf of the GOPe single handedly killed off Reagan's 1976 bid - did not exude anti-establishment sentiments.  This was confirmed when Trump chose Mr. Establishment himself - Reince Priebus - as his chief-of-staff.

This is why you never heard Trump mention anything about draining the swamp until less than a month before the November election.  I am glad Trump got elected, but let's not lie about how that happened.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2021, 09:28:24 pm »
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!  :rolling:

The only thing the GOPe was all-in for was consolidating their power.  Look how little money they spend on the 2016 election, yet they achieved the biggest power-grab rules changes ever at their Convention.  They didn't give a damn about Trump other than his proxy delegates.  But they were terrified of Cruz and his grass roots delegates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2021, 09:36:30 pm »
Globalism - offshoring of industries, jobs, and opportunities that also threaten our nation's supply chain security.

Corporate welfare (2008/2009)

If the GOP wanted to throw working Americans a bone, they'd lower the effective Federal Payroll tax rate (Fed Income + FICA + Medicare) for wage earners to be the same as the long-term capital gains tax rate.

American consumers and employers are also paying a surtax via non-competitive industries - pharmaceuticals, media, communications.

The BEST thing government could do for you is substantially lower spending and begin to reel in all those Benjamins they've been printing. Lowering taxes does nothing if spending remains.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2021, 09:37:54 pm »
The BEST thing government could do for you is substantially lower spending and begin to reel in all those Benjamins they've been printing. Lowering taxes does nothing if spending remains.

Yep.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2021, 09:41:35 pm »

@Absalom is so 'Principled' he gives us Nevers a bad name.

*I'm still in his Fan Club, though.

@catfish1957

Online roamer_1

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2021, 09:42:33 pm »
I'm really hoping that ALL conservatives can move forward.  It's going to take ALL of us to defeat the GOPe and the global leftists.  Every dang one of us.  What we need is leadership.  I see Cruz as that leader; but he's not going to be able to do it himself.  It's going to take millions of us courageous conservatives, and people like Trump, Paul, Jordan, Hawley and others backing him!  :patriot:  Not implying that I think he'll run in 2024, but he does have an awesome ground game and Trump is a Master of the Political Game.  I think that their recent meeting was significant  ... and yes ... I think they've got plans as to who they're going to launch!   happy77

Five years ago I was all on-board for Cruz. This time around (if there s a this-time-around, I will be hard pressed to vote for him. He voted for a whole lot of 'big.gov' since he made friends with Tumpy.

Might I could still vote for him, but I don't trust him anymore. He will have to convince me, and that is a pretty tall order...

Online corbe

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2021, 09:44:15 pm »
    I'm just glad @Wingnut is still sleeping off last night.

Online corbe

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2021, 09:49:35 pm »
Five years ago I was all on-board for Cruz. This time around (if there s a this-time-around, I will be hard pressed to vote for him. He voted for a whole lot of 'big.gov' since he made friends with Tumpy.

Might I could still vote for him, but I don't trust him anymore. He will have to convince me, and that is a pretty tall order...

I understand that @roamer_1 it's called Pollical Expediency and it makes me sick also.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2021, 10:02:48 pm »

I understand that @roamer_1 it's called Pollical Expediency and it makes me sick also.

That's right.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2021, 10:04:33 pm »

Yes, I can see that among certain circles Cruz was a Fave so long as he wasn't going to beat Trump and Trump wasn't expected to beat Hillary.

Now that Cruz would most likely win the nomination and the general election if elections weren't being stolen by the Rodents, Cruz is now out of favor with those Principled Conservatives who don't have any principles and aren't conservative.

Rank political opportunism, yes.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2021, 10:06:12 pm »

Well, with that being stated, obviously I need to heed my own words and do some research.  Obviously things have changed.

Thank you @roamer_1 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2021, 10:12:15 pm »
To whom it may concern:

Some of you Senator Cruz freaks need to put a cork in it. 

He already had his 'prom' and although he got bleeped, he never got laid.

Ya'll got a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus than turning this joint into Cruz Central.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2021, 10:12:19 pm »
   As the latest Straw Poll here proved, A significant majority of Briefers are equally divided among Desantis and Cruz, proving once again this is where I belong,
   I could work for either/both.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2021, 10:15:21 pm »
Well, with that being stated, obviously I need to heed my own words and do some research.  Obviously things have changed.

Thank you @roamer_1

His ACU rating has gone from somewhere in the 90's down to around 85 or so. I don't consider an ACU rating in the 80's to be a Conservative. He's got some work to do to tell me why. Because that's a long way from the TEA Party Conservative I endorsed a while back.