State Chapters > Florida

DESANTIS TO THE RESCUE

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 13, 2021, 05:21:01 pm ---You have to remember this is S. FL.   We are the only state where the farther north you go the more southern you are.

--- End quote ---

You got that right.

libertybele:
@Hoodat are you a Floridian?

Hoodat:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 16, 2021, 07:13:10 pm ---@Hoodat are you a Floridian?

--- End quote ---

@libertybele

My grandmother was from Madison.  All my wife's family is from there.  And my aunt has lived there for over 40 years.  But not me.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on May 16, 2021, 07:22:57 pm ---@libertybele

My grandmother was from Madison.  All my wife's family is from there.  And my aunt has lived there for over 40 years.  But not me.

--- End quote ---

Gottcha.

Wingnut:

--- Quote from: libertybele on May 16, 2021, 07:07:25 pm ---With 1,000 people moving into this state daily, mostly from MN and IL, I doubt it's going to stay that way.  I live pretty far south along the gulf coast and most are pretty darn southern and some areas around here keep their eyes on the newbies. Also, availability of housing is  scarce.  I keep wondering where are all these people going to get jobs, or if they think they're going to be supported by Big Brother?  Unemployment benefits in FL are among the lowest in the country and DeSantis just announced that people need to get back to work. I doubt that FL is creating 1,000 jobs a day for these idiots.
--- End quote ---

New Data on the Invasion of damn Yankees:

--- Quote ---At least 33,565 New Yorkers exchanged their NY drivers licenses for Florida credentials between September 2020 and March 2021.

That’s a 32% increase from the same period the prior year, when 25,370 New York driver’s licenses were traded for Florida ones.

Florida officials said a major cause of migration was parents looking to get their kids back in full-time, in-person school.

The most popular three Florida counties for New York transplants for the calendar years 2019, 2020, and 2021 through April were — no surprise — the southeastern counties of Palm Beach (14,045), Broward (8,422), and Miami-Dade (8,033).

In total, for the 2019-April 2021 period, 104,960 New Yorkers made the switch — far and away leading every other state. Runner-up New Jersey came in second with 53,901. Trailing the Garden State were Georgia (48,143), Illinois (46,042), California (43,801).
--- End quote ---

https://nypost.com/2021/05/15/florida-records-quantify-number-of-defections-from-ny/

DON"T NY MY FLORIDA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version