Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: BREAKING: Trump to Return to Social Media With His Own Platform Soon
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2021, 02:56:24 pm »
As a billionaire, he can afford the expense.

I doubt he'll have to.   happy77

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2021, 02:57:20 pm »
My opinion on Trump has been 100% consistent. Point out an inconsistency.

88devil

BassWrangler

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2021, 03:55:42 pm »
:yowsa: She is the most adamant Pro-Trump cheerleader I have ever seen and has been 100% consistent in that from day one. You are 100% correct about that. Her problem (IMHO) is in knowing when to leave the field. Simply winning isn't enough.

True Believers like @Right_in_Virginia  spent 4 years talking about how the "4D chess" and how Trump was on top of everything. We won so much we lost everything, and now are facing a veritable torrent of freedom-ending legislation from the Democrats.

As I've said before, I appreciate Trump's good qualities: his loyalty to those who elected him, his standing up to the Dems and the media. But he proved to be a terribly ineffective leader. His only real legacy is handing control over to the Dems. Some folks will hide behind the voter fraud claims as an excuse for all that, but in the end, Trump was in charge while the Dems planned and executed this. This wasn't something that happened election day - this was something that went on to a lesser extent in 2016, and which the Dems were talking about openly right up to the election. Trump wasn't prepared for it, and the blame is his for not having a plan to head it off at the pass.

It's mind-boggling to me that people are still looking to this guy to save us from the mess he is the architect of.

Hard pass on any more of what got us here.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »
True Believers like @Right_in_Virginia  spent 4 years talking about how the "4D chess" and how Trump was on top of everything. We won so much we lost everything, and now are facing a veritable torrent of freedom-ending legislation from the Democrats.

As I've said before, I appreciate Trump's good qualities: his loyalty to those who elected him, his standing up to the Dems and the media. But he proved to be a terribly ineffective leader. His only real legacy is handing control over to the Dems. Some folks will hide behind the voter fraud claims as an excuse for all that, but in the end, Trump was in charge while the Dems planned and executed this. This wasn't something that happened election day - this was something that went on to a lesser extent in 2016, and which the Dems were talking about openly right up to the election. Trump wasn't prepared for it, and the blame is his for not having a plan to head it off at the pass.

It's mind-boggling to me that people are still looking to this guy to save us from the mess he is the architect of.

Hard pass on any more of what got us here.

Trump was a threat to business as usual in Washington and was not going to be allowed to remain in the presidency no matter what it took to remove him. There is only one party inside the beltway in Washington and they were going to protect their playground no matter what it took!  Even to the point of destroying what little remained of this once-great republic.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2021, 04:05:21 pm »
I thought competition in the marketplace was a good thing. Capitalism, and all that.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2021, 04:07:49 pm »
I thought competition in the marketplace was a good thing. Capitalism, and all that.  :shrug:

Well, it's the only economic system that has ever really worked on this planet!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2021, 04:22:25 pm »
Trump was a threat to business as usual in Washington and was not going to be allowed to remain in the presidency no matter what it took to remove him. There is only one party inside the beltway in Washington and they were going to protect their playground no matter what it took!  Even to the point of destroying what little remained of this once-great republic.

@Bigun - 100% agree he was a threat to the establishment in Washington. But don't you think he could have been on top of that earlier on - or least getting the message out to the people that this was a problem? I feel like he spent almost his entire presidency reacting to things and struggling with the basics like appointing and retaining good staff.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2021, 04:23:20 pm »
Yeah but, TRUMP.

It’s a wonder to me how many around here have not yet noticed the beam in their own eye.

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2021, 04:28:51 pm »
:yowsa: She is the most adamant Pro-Trump cheerleader I have ever seen and has been 100% consistent in that from day one. You are 100% correct about that. Her problem (IMHO) is in knowing when to leave the field. Simply winning isn't enough.

Wow.  You left the cave just to dump on me --- and without the common courtesy of pinging me. 

You've turned out to be quite the gentleman @Bigun  --- (I hope you know the sarcasm tag is implied.)

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2021, 04:32:49 pm »
@Bigun - 100% agree he was a threat to the establishment in Washington. But don't you think he could have been on top of that earlier on - or least getting the message out to the people that this was a problem? I feel like he spent almost his entire presidency reacting to things and struggling with the basics like appointing and retaining good staff.

I have neither the time nor inclination to write a book here @BassWrangler but it is my FIRM opinion that Trump did about as well as he could given the headwinds he was facing from every direction.  Republicans COULD have chosen to help him but preserving their precious swamp was FAR more important to them than actually doing what they had been promising us they would do for 40 years. 

I also believe that had Ted Cruz been elected the very same thing, if not worse, would have been done to him.  Hillary was the selected one to put the cap on the Communist takeover of this country and by damn she will do that even if it has to be done vicariously through Xiden and his whore.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2021, 04:34:44 pm »
Wow.  You left the cave just to dump on me --- and without the common courtesy of pinging me. 

You've turned out to be quite the gentleman @Bigun  --- (I hope you know the sarcasm tag is implied.)

If you think what I said there is dumping on you @Right_in_Virginia you do not understand the term. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2021, 04:39:51 pm »
If you think what I said there is dumping on you @Right_in_Virginia you do not understand the term.

Bullshit @Bigun  You lost me at "her problem is ....."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2021, 04:40:53 pm »
I also believe that had Ted Cruz been elected the very same thing, if not worse, would have been done to him.

Maybe, but unlikely. Cruz had a political army at his back in the TEA Party. Tump had nothing.  Just Tump. And a whole bunch of voters sure that he could walk on water.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2021, 04:46:36 pm »
Bullshit @Bigun  You lost me at "her problem is ....."

OK!  @Right_in_Virginia but that IS how I see it. 

I actually admire your tenacity but not your tactics. Trying to exclude other points of view is NOT a thing to admire.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2021, 04:47:16 pm »
I have neither the time nor inclination to write a book here @BassWrangler but it is my FIRM opinion that Trump did about as well as he could given the headwinds he was facing from every direction.  Republicans COULD have chosen to help him but preserving their precious swamp was FAR more important to them than actually doing what they had been promising us they would do for 40 years. 

I also believe that had Ted Cruz been elected the very same thing, if not worse, would have been done to him.  Hillary was the selected one to put the cap on the Communist takeover of this country and by damn she will do that even if it has to be done vicariously through Xiden and his whore.

@Bigun
I'll concede your point that whomever the candidate was, the Dems and their establishment buddies would have gone after them like they did Trump. But would that candidate have given the Dems so much ammunition to work with? I would argue the answer to that is: no. Also, another area where I think another candidate would have been different is in the basic leadership skills: attracting, hiring, and retaining good staff being chief among them. Trump failed at this in spectacular fashion.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 04:49:00 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2021, 04:48:36 pm »
As much as NeverTrumpers brought the horror of Biden upon us, it is clear they have no conscience or shame.  Their fingerprints are all over the results of the election, yet they stamp their feet and deny their own clearly known and easily observed handi-work.  The last hardcore NEVERTRUMPER, like seen here, i engaged on the Coulter site for quite a while, until little by little he exposed himself for who and what he really was.   By the way, he was a very determined Englishman, and he conned many, including some moderators, but not by the time the chatroom came to an end.
Seen this all before!
 :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
God, Country, Family !
"NeverTrumpers brought the horror of Biden upon us,"

Trump brought the horror of Biden upon us.

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2021, 04:50:53 pm »
OK!  @Right_in_Virginia but that IS how I see it. 

I actually admire your tenacity but not your tactics. Trying to exclude other points of view is NOT a thing to admire.

What POV have I tried to exclude @Bigun   ... be specific.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2021, 04:51:38 pm »
Maybe, but unlikely. Cruz had a political army at his back in the TEA Party. Tump had nothing.  Just Tump. And a whole bunch of voters sure that he could walk on water.

NO! He did not, and no one that I know thought Trump could walk on water.  I quit the Republican party after more than 40 years in their boiler room over what they did at their 2016 national convention (changing the rules in the middle of the game does NOT sit well with me) but a Cruz presidency would have fared no better than Trump did and maybe even worse. And besides that, Ted Cruz is NOT a Natural Born Citizen.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2021, 04:52:00 pm »

The Tea Party remnants went to Trump.

BassWrangler

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2021, 04:53:02 pm »
It's hard to infer people's tone / intent on text-only channels. But if it's not clear, I don't have any personal animus towards folks here - even @Right_in_Virginia . I just disagree very strongly with the blind allegiance to Trump. But it's OK to disagree.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2021, 04:54:38 pm »
@Bigun
I'll concede your point that whomever the candidate was, the Dems and their establishment buddies would have gone after them like they did Trump. But would that candidate have given the Dems so much ammunition to work with? I would argue the answer to that is: no. Also, another area where I think another candidate would have been different is in the basic leadership skills: attracting, hiring, and retaining good staff being chief among them. Trump failed at this in spectacular fashion.

IMHO Trump used the ONLY tools he had to great effect.  The media would have eaten his lunch early on had he not been able to go over their heads immediately via social media. This is exactly why they had to find a way to take those tools away from him.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »
What POV have I tried to exclude @Bigun   ... be specific.

Trump only rooms ring any bells @Right_in_Virginia

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2021, 04:57:27 pm »
@Bigun
:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2021, 04:57:39 pm »
The Tea Party remnants went to Trump.

None that I know. Cruz was their candidate, and after what Tumpy did to Cruz... Best to leave it at exactly none that I know

And I am still actively meeting with TEA Party folks.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2021, 04:58:24 pm »
It's hard to infer people's tone / intent on text-only channels. But if it's not clear, I don't have any personal animus towards folks here - even @Right_in_Virginia . I just disagree very strongly with the blind allegiance to Trump. But it's OK to disagree.

You are right about that (the text-only thing) and I also have no personal animus against anyone here. Separating the forest from the trees is sometimes a very difficult task.

- J. R. R. Tolkien