Author Topic: Far-Left City Of Evanston, IL Becomes First City In America To Give Reparations To Black Residents…B  (Read 1696 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Far-Left City Of Evanston, IL Becomes First City In America To Give Reparations To Black Residents…But There’s a Catch
By Patty McMurray | Mar 12, 2021

According to the 2019 US Census– 16.5% of citizens living in Evanston, IL, are black. The far-left city is set to become the first city in America to dole out $10 million in reparations—but there’s a catch. Not every black Evanston resident will qualify for the $25K payout. The money used to pay reparations to some black residents will come from a 3% tax on the sale of recreational marijuana.

Black leaders warn it’s not enough. Evanston NAACP President Rev Michael Nabors says the $25,000 payout is a “drop in the bucket.”

According to The Sun – The payout is supposed to make amends for the racist housing policies in the city, north of Downtown Chicago, and a reparations program was established in 2019 – but some activists don’t think it’s sufficient.

The first phase gives $400,000 towards $25,000 grants to eligible recipients, which is supposed to help them out with ownership, mortgage assistance, and improvements to their homes.

Evanston, Illinois, is the first US city to distribute the money meant to help compensate for a lack of generational wealth and systemic racism.

To qualify, residents must have lived in Evanston between the years of 1919 and 1969, where they were discriminated against in terms of housing.

more
https://100percentfedup.com/city-of-evanston-il-votes-to-give-25k-to-some-black-residents-for-reparationswith-a-catch/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

This country was founded in part so that people would not have to suffer for the "sins of their fathers".

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline LMAO

From the article....

“Black leaders warn it’s not enough. Evanston NAACP President Rev Michael Nabors says the $25,000 payout is a “drop in the bucket.” “

”Begging hands and bleeding hearts only cry out for more”. From the song “Anthem” by Rush

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

From the article....

“Black leaders warn it’s not enough. Evanston NAACP President Rev Michael Nabors says the $25,000 payout is a “drop in the bucket.” “

”Begging hands and bleeding hearts only cry out for more”. From the song “Anthem” by Rush

This is why you never reward bullies. No amount of $$ will ever be "enough".

I wonder how many Evanston residents died or were maimed in the war that resulted in slaves being freed.

Half of my family ancestors came to the US >40 years after the Civil War ended. The other half lived in the North, some of them fighting for the Union. So I have zero ties to slavery, except a few to its being ended, but I would be taxed to pay "reparations" to the same degree as Simon LeGree's great-great-great-grandchildren (not that they would, if non-fictional, have any responsibility for his actions).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mortarman

In Louisiana it waa legal for blacks to own slaves an' many did. Also it was blacks an' muzzies who sold us the slaves. If whitey was too lazy to pick cotton an' chop sugar cane, what makes them think we are gonna get up the gumption to tramp around the deep dark jungles of Africa to round up slaves? 'sides Sock Monkey's Kenyan ancestors were involved in the slave trade. Make him pay.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online DB

Are they going to offer free bus tickets to people across the country to come get some of their reparations?

Idiocy is growing daily...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In Louisiana it waa legal for blacks to own slaves an' many did. Also it was blacks an' muzzies who sold us the slaves. If whitey was too lazy to pick cotton an' chop sugar cane, what makes them think we are gonna get up the gumption to tramp around the deep dark jungles of Africa to round up slaves? 'sides Sock Monkey's Kenyan ancestors were involved in the slave trade. Make him pay.

As was the present VPOTUS' Harris Jamaican ancestors.  He had 100's of slaves working the Sugar Plantations well into the 1800's.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This is why you never reward bullies. No amount of $$ will ever be "enough".
Yep. Absolutely.
What White Liberals cannot or will not comprehend is two things.
Once this starts it will never ever end, even through multiple generations.
 and...
No matter how much money is handed out, it will never be enough according to the recipients.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Its funny how the states that didn't have slavery are bending over backwards to give away someone else's money to apologize to people who have never been harmed by slavery.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The majority of blacks in the USA alive today came as free men, or are descended from free men.  How could they ever determine who is descended from slaves?  Almost not possible, and why should I pay one dime for wrongs done over 150 years ago?  And my ancestors fought for the union to free the slaves, so again, this notion of reparations is idiotic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In Louisiana it waa legal for blacks to own slaves an' many did

@mortarman

The very first slavemaster in the original 13 colonies was a black man. He came here just like so many other black AND white people who had no assets,as an indentured servant. The deal was he,and all the others,were to work for a stated period of time as an indentured servant to whoever paid the fare to get them here. They then had to work off the boat fare as well as the cost of feeding,housing,and providing medical care for them,and then they would be freed and GIVEN a plot of land to farm,and would usually import their own indentured servants to clear land and plant crops.

This ended when this BLACK man refused to free his black indentured servant,and went to court and won the right to keep him as a slave after "proving" in court that it would be  impossible for the man to ever produce enough labor to pay off what it cost his master to feed,clothe,house,and provide medical care for him.

He later sold off his farm in Virginia,and moved to Maryland,where he had a horse farm. That was where he was living when he died. Can't remember his name right now,but it's not a secret who he was or what he did. It's just ignored by the racists that have an agenda that doesn't include black slave masters.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Wonder if  you are half black do you have to pay yourself?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@mortarman

The very first slavemaster in the original 13 colonies was a black man. He came here just like so many other black AND white people who had no assets,as an indentured servant. The deal was he,and all the others,were to work for a stated period of time as an indentured servant to whoever paid the fare to get them here. They then had to work off the boat fare as well as the cost of feeding,housing,and providing medical care for them,and then they would be freed and GIVEN a plot of land to farm,and would usually import their own indentured servants to clear land and plant crops.

This ended when this BLACK man refused to free his black indentured servant,and went to court and won the right to keep him as a slave after "proving" in court that it would be  impossible for the man to ever produce enough labor to pay off what it cost his master to feed,clothe,house,and provide medical care for him.

He later sold off his farm in Virginia,and moved to Maryland,where he had a horse farm. That was where he was living when he died. Can't remember his name right now,but it's not a secret who he was or what he did. It's just ignored by the racists that have an agenda that doesn't include black slave masters.

His name is Anthony Johnson. @sneakypete

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am less white.  Hello Evanston, send me my money.  I am now identifying as a Gimmedat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

The majority of blacks in the USA alive today came as free men, or are descended from free men.  How could they ever determine who is descended from slaves?  Almost not possible, and why should I pay one dime for wrongs done over 150 years ago?  And my ancestors fought for the union to free the slaves, so again, this notion of reparations is idiotic.
"The majority of blacks in the USA alive today came as free men, or are descended from free men"

Only about ten percent of American blacks came as free men i.e. legal immigrants from Africa. The rest are descended from slaves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
"The majority of blacks in the USA alive today came as free men, or are descended from free men"

Only about ten percent of American blacks came as free men i.e. legal immigrants from Africa. The rest are descended from slaves.

In other words, then 100% of blacks living in the United States are owed nothing by the white Americans living today.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In other words, then 100% of blacks living in the United States are owed nothing by the white Americans living today.

There is no way to truly accurately pin point a number, but most conventional estimates say that number of funds provided is in the Trillions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

As had been stated previously by a number of people, people who never owned slaves don't owe anything to people who were never slaves.
Just typical lazy-a*s  moochers trying to get something for nothing. Gimme!

Offline goatprairie

There is no way to truly accurately pin point a number, but most conventional estimates say that number of funds provided is in the Trillions.
The net financial drag of blacks on America is probably about one trillion annually. When are they going to start paying the country back?
Oh, that's not what they meant?  :whistle:

Offline mortarman

Frankly I thought that "Forty acres an' a mule" was extravagant.

Offline LMAO

So what happens when the money runs out?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So what happens when the money runs out?

@LMAO

Not a problem. They are the Goobermint,and they can always just print more,right?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

Not a problem. They are the Goobermint,and they can always just print more,right?

But this is a city not the federal government. They can’t print money. My question also rhetorical. I know what will happen to the city when the money runs out
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 08:27:36 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But this is a city not the federal government. They can’t print money.

@LMAO  Given their politics,they might even be able to talk Comrade Joe or Comrade Harris into printing up special money,just for them.

My question also rhetorical. I know what will happen to the city when the money runs out

The Feral Goobermint isn't going to allow it to run out until they are ready to declare there will be no more public elections.